Sledgehammer anti house weapon

Badgerblade

Dec 8, 2021
Please give us a temporary fix to no sieging by giving us a sledgehammer that does increased dmg to houses, it can be expensive to make like siege equipment would be. Right now the game is a joke, people drop a building outside town and can harass freely.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
I'll bump this i think. Right now there is no real reason for alliances to fight each other, other than "fun". Fighting for "fun" means guardzoning/running to strongholds, molarium armors and flakestone swords, which isn't good for game's economy, and generally you first need to find someone to have "fun" with, which often means "camp graveyards until ARPKs come", so newbies suffer . You don't really fight for tephra or anything - who cares, we fight for fun in molarium, maybe reptile carapace, we don't really care for tephra. Plus, many people don't really like fighting for "fun" in MMOs - we have chivalry, modrhau, bannerlord for that, where you can just jump into action right away, no farming mats or camping GYs, plus you get better ping and better combat systems. Having at least some placeholder until proper sieges come can save the game. Or give us some other objectives to fight over, but really, giving us expensive sledgehammers to smash buildings is the simpliest solution which i believe can be implemented in a few days.

Reactions: TheOxMan

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
So what I am REALLY hoping is that TC is taking so long because they're trying to deal with the issue of offline sieges. The best method I can think of to do so is structures outside the keep in the area of the keep that make keeps harder to siege.

MO1 apparently had a simple version of this with towers that increase keep health.

I've suggested a more complex version of outposts that generate influence that builds up or bleeds down over time depending on if the people holding them support or oppose the keep ownership of the keep they're attached to. In addition, they might generate resources or have other functions. You could even give them their own task vendors with tasks completed from an outpost helping with influence.

It both addresses the idea of an offline siege as there is a lot of groundwork to make a siege feasible that simply can't be done overnight or in secret. It also addresses the issues of guilds crossing the map to take part in sieges in areas they don't live. Still possible but they'll be gone a long time and leave their home territory undefended if they do as the system is really geared toward people who actually live in an area. Turns seiges into campaigns.

If they went with a suggestion like that, I'd say implement it before sieges so people have time to build influence before the keeps come tumbling down.

That would bring PvP too as part of the entire idea of outposts is they're meant to be constantly fought over in contested areas. I'd also add it adds more small group PvP as outposts are kind of spread around so rather than zerging every threat it would likely be preferable to have multiple smaller teams that deal with many threats. Especially if you're part of an alliance with multiple keeps.

Last edited:

TheOxMan

Apr 11, 2022
So what I am REALLY hoping is that TC is taking so long because they're trying to deal with the issue of offline sieges. The best method I can think of to do so is structures outside the keep in the area of the keep that make keeps harder to siege.

MO1 apparently had a simple version of this with towers that increase keep health.

I've suggested a more complex version of outposts that generate influence that builds up or bleeds down over time depending on if the people holding them support or oppose the keep ownership of the keep they're attached to. In addition, they might generate resources or have other functions. You could even give them their own task vendors with tasks completed from an outpost helping with influence.

It both addresses the idea of an offline siege as there is a lot of groundwork to make a siege feasible that simply can't be done overnight or in secret. It also addresses the issues of guilds crossing the map to take part in sieges in areas they don't live. Still possible but they'll be gone a long time and leave their home territory undefended if they do as the system is really geared toward people who actually live in an area. Turns seiges into campaigns.

If they went with a suggestion like that, I'd say implement it before sieges so people have time to build influence before the keeps come tumbling down.

That would bring PvP too as part of the entire idea of outposts is they're meant to be constantly fought over in contested areas. I'd also add it adds more small group PvP as outposts are kind of spread around so rather than zerging every threat it would likely be preferable to have multiple smaller teams that deal with many threats. Especially if you're part of an alliance with multiple keeps.
Some great suggestions here you should make a separate thread on it

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
Nah...

I dont need a geoup of 3 asswipe griefers just destroying my house for no reason in the middle of nowhere.

Allow doors to be broken down though.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
agreed there really is no benefit to having siege weapons that can be carried as a weapon. Unless you just want gangs of players going around griefing every house they see. This would basically only help people that want to grief houses lol

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Seige weapons can only be made by guilds who own keeps.
Well that would be rather dumb. We need siege weapons so that people who DON'T own keeps could take them away from those that do.
Anyway i don't mind if sledgehammers could only be made by guilds that own keeps. I don't think a group of griefers would care about your little house in the middle of nowhere (suppose the sledgehammer would do 50-100 damage per swing, it's still 20000-10000 swings for a small house with a rather expensive weapon that has durability too) unless you really piss someone off, if it's on a luxurous farming spot however... well that's another story, but a fair one.

Last edited:

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
Well that would be rather dumb. We need siege weapons so that people who DON'T own keeps could take them away from those that do.
Anyway i don't mind if sledgehammers could only be made by guilds that own keeps. I don't think a group of griefers would care about your little house in the middle of nowhere (suppose the sledgehammer would do 50-100 damage per swing, it's still 20000-10000 swings for a small house with a rather expensive weapon that has durability too) unless you really piss someone off, if it's on a luxurous farming spot however... well that's another story, but a fair one.

You can buy them from a guild that does.

The problem comes with the griefers of the world. If its too easy to destroy a house. There will be no point in even having one. Some peoples entire gameplay loop is to just grief other players for no apparent reason other than they were probably abused as a child.

Guilds with keeps hold more power. It is not an even playing field for good reason. They will have refineries, banks, even traders later on. Building a seige weapon will be both time consuming and expensive.

If it was available to everyone easily. It would ruin the game diplomatically.

• Haha
Reactions: ArcaneConsular

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Henrik...

Seige weapons can only be made by guilds who own keeps.
Yeah that worked very well in MO1, I very much doubt that most keep owning guilds will alliance themselves and never siege each other, only smaller guilds. That would never happen, nope.

Reactions: Tashka

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Yeah that worked very well in MO1, I very much doubt that most keep owning guilds will alliance themselves and never siege each other, only smaller guilds. That would never happen, nope.

Eh I've played pvp games long enough to know that alliances never last forever. Usually the worst enemies are former allies