Seriously... Why isn't there a photo mode?

Pepecovfefe

Jan 5, 2022
Like a legit reason? I just tamed my first bear in Haven and am having a blast. I named him Boo Boo. I also got access to great blades and was adventuring with Boo Boo in the dreaded grave yard. We almost fell the undead general, little did we know his henchmen would gather around us. Luckily a fellow adventurer came in and tanked the dreaded monster.

I wanted to celebrate by taking a photo to always remember the occasion, the day Boo Boo and I almost met our deaths at the hand of the undead General! To my utter surprise, I notice there isn't a third person photo mode. All I want to do is take a photo with me and Boo Boo next to this damn monsters body!

Every other MMORPG has a third person photo mode for glamours and stuff. Why not this one? I want to show off the moment I slayed the dreaded monster with Boo Boo and my great blade.

Please implement a third person photo mode.......

Jan 28, 2022
This is a HC PvP Sandbox game where some people exist just to cause pain to others, and others exist to hunt those people, photomode probably isn't one of the priorities. If you can effectively kill someone with a selfiestick, maybe the devs might reconsider.

Starz

Apr 7, 2021
Because there is no point of taking a photo ingame when you can't even get inside the game

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Mostly because its immersion breaking. Its supposed to be a first person experience only. You are supposed to have blind spots.

Some playstyles (like thieves) revolve around sneaking up on peoples blind side, and stealing while they aren't looking. A 3rd person view would not only break immersion but also render thieving useless, as people would be able to see behind themselves.

on top of this, it would be used for all sorts of cheesing like scouting around walls, over palisades, and who knows what else.

its just not a good fit for this game and its only purpose is super shallow( taking a selfie). Get some friends and they can take screenshots of you and your pet. Very easy.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Immersion breaking? Well, depends on the person. Even we roleplayers come up for air, some times. People who don't want their immersion broken by game functions have the option not to use them, anyhow.

But it's a player function, not a game function. Ask in a non-bothersome way for some third person to take a screenshot from whatever angle you choose of you and your bear, and get it to you, somehow. (Any two people on Discord can up-and-download some quite large images to each other in DMs — for instance.) Just saying, because I honestly think a game client screenshot function in selfie-view is right out. It won't happen. Bonus Fact: Even the HQ screenshot function of MO1 was likely to crash you.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Like a legit reason? I just tamed my first bear in Haven and am having a blast. I named him Boo Boo. I also got access to great blades and was adventuring with Boo Boo in the dreaded grave yard. We almost fell the undead general, little did we know his henchmen would gather around us. Luckily a fellow adventurer came in and tanked the dreaded monster.

I wanted to celebrate by taking a photo to always remember the occasion, the day Boo Boo and I almost met our deaths at the hand of the undead General! To my utter surprise, I notice there isn't a third person photo mode. All I want to do is take a photo with me and Boo Boo next to this damn monsters body!

Every other MMORPG has a third person photo mode for glamours and stuff. Why not this one? I want to show off the moment I slayed the dreaded monster with Boo Boo and my great blade.

Please implement a third person photo mode.......
3rd person can be abused, and it breaks immersion.