Risen tourdogs and Direwolves need a nerf

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
It ruin fun gameplay, if we see too many pets. I am not mad at all id risen pets would be all shit in PVP and only good for PVE, becuase it require no skill to use them.

Many players write me massages like that ! Such shit make me want to uninstall !
Schreiben Seite 1.png

Risen Towerdog hit like for 38 Damage on Steel and the guy used a topaz ! They can carry 9 Stacks of Mats...
Risen versions are even better as the normal versions.

1. To use Necro pets should minimum cost 100 additional Skillpoints ! Maybe they could cost half PP as tamed pets. So you need creature controll but no Advanced creature controll. That would be 100 Points.
2. Taur Dogs and wolves need to attack slower !
3. Risen Towerdogs have more health, so they need to deal lower damage !
4. Necro pets are bugged (focus bug)
5. Direwolves and wolves are unblockable. The animations are too fast. They deal damage before you see the attack... Animation must be muich slower, to be able to parry them.
6. Make the necro pets require command undead to send them on a target, so that an Alvarin Dex fighter can´t use a risen Towerdog witzh his 72 Mana without Mental Training !
7. Make the Risen Zombies listening to "all Stay" command, so they are not in your way all the time.

Alvarin Dex Dagger fighter with Necro and Ritualism with a risen Towerdog is a bullshit Meta ! Towerdog need big nerf and should cost 100 Points more, to make this build not working anymore !

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
This need to be adressed and balanced before Epic Release !

The creatures should be generally stronger, to make the dungeons a bigger challange, but weaker in their tamed or risen form.

Last edited:

Domtomsen

Feb 26, 2022
Yeah. Its really strange. Ritualists always complained that its soooo weak. Because the all used terrorbirds and trolls. Now the found out that some pets are freaking strong with ritualism. A risen taur dog with a good gem is much stronger then a tamed terrorbird. While they ride on horses with 300HP. The tamer has a lvl 1 horse.
Its sad that Starvault cant even balance out the pets in a single category of skill. Some ritual pets are useless while others are very strong.

Reactions: Ashon

Ashon

Sep 17, 2022
Nerf everything that kills me plz
I take it you are a tamer and or ritualist enjoyer?

Certainly ritual pets should require more skill point investment. You can currently make a necropaladin and risen taurdog. Thats a full footie plus a Taur dog which hits for 20-30 through steel. 1 Taurdog can destroy a mage in seconds, it isn't balanced in the slightest. A mage should be able to kill a pet that only requires 100 skill point investment, aslong as they have points invested in a melee weapon + defensive stance.

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
It's sad to see MO2 fall into the same bullshit of MO1. Everyone and their aunt are mounted mage hybrid builds with homing missile pets...sorry I mean "Arcane/darkane archers" with pets. Gives me flashbacks to the Mounted fatmage archers with spearlances of MO1, while a shade farts at me from 100m away.

The game kind of forces it though, map is so big that mounted builds are needed to travel to even get basic PvP, which is focused mainly around towns, because no one roams because there's nothing to do in this large world. Doesn't help every major patch has been magic focused and more patches to come are magic focused, just tipping the balance even more away from foot fighting.

SV really needs to figure out their content prioritization to prevent the same major ups and downs of game balance, should of learnt about this from their MO1 development which had the same repeat OP and Flavor of the month balance cycles. There will always be game balance issues, but shit, SV really knows how to imbalance things. Why even develop a game with a strong emphasis on melee combat, only for the playbase to use ranged due to balance decisions?

Reactions: Rorry

Piet

May 28, 2020
As a ritualist I can confirm Taur dogs are broken af. They hit for like 80 damage and are fast. I made a post on it as well, they must of mis-typed some numbers or something. Dire wolves are similar, everything else similar takes like double the pet points they do. I think they messed up the numbers. The rest of the risen pets aren't that bad and only other tamed pet I can think of that is an issue is turtles only take 66 points at 125 so even a ff can use one for 82 cc. On top of that it's 1 button and forget. If you use beast master skills you lower your damage so don't actually try to use skills or anything that requires more than 1 button.

• Love
Reactions: Ashon

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
Taur Dogs are strong in general but I think the risen Dog takes it a little too far. A max lvl taurdog has 450hp and needs 86(?)PP.
It does a lot of damage but will die to fighters in a straight up fight. The thing is most people don't try to fight it but instead somehow try to outrun it. Which doesn't work.
Direwolves are buggy in general (just look at them) and i kinda think some of their problems have to do with the PP-cost for lower level pets. Maybe SV could just raise the minimun amount of pet-points required for some animals to fix the "3 direwolves" problem.
Attack speed for taur dogs isn't that fast. I mean from my experience taur dogs only have slightly more attack speed than zombies. Direwolves seem to attack a little faster tho but i don't think a single direwolf was ever a problem. For risen pets i think a movement penalty and lower damage would be fitting. They are dead and rotting, why do they run that fast? The balance of pets will always be an issue since i don't think it's ment to be balanced around 1v1. For me a pet is more like an NPC-mercenary. I'd rather use a good fighter and heal him but they are in general super-high maintenance and most are much less reliable bodyguards

Last edited:

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
risen pets/ritualism is broken, human tindremic can use 125 risen horse 125 taur dog , sword, zombies.. cmon ahah. they should add atleast another 100primary points to use them.

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
risen pets/ritualism is broken, human tindremic can use 125 risen horse 125 taur dog , sword, zombies.. cmon ahah. they should add atleast another 100primary points to use them.
So ritualism pets don't cost petpoints at all?! I was hoping they'd cost more in death than in life tbh.

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
I take it you are a tamer and or ritualist enjoyer?

Certainly ritual pets should require more skill point investment. You can currently make a necropaladin and risen taurdog. Thats a full footie plus a Taur dog which hits for 20-30 through steel. 1 Taurdog can destroy a mage in seconds, it isn't balanced in the slightest. A mage should be able to kill a pet that only requires 100 skill point investment, aslong as they have points invested in a melee weapon + defensive stance.
Not at all. Can't use pets in any capacity. Can't even get my own horses. I just find it cute that when people get killed by things they immediately call for nerfs ;P I'm just simple foot mage with 87 hp. Pets absolutely clobber me, but I'm not here whining and calling for nerfs on pets.

• Haha
Reactions: Piet

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Not at all. Can't use pets in any capacity. Can't even get my own horses. I just find it cute that when people get killed by things they immediately call for nerfs ;P I'm just simple foot mage with 87 hp. Pets absolutely clobber me, but I'm not here whining and calling for nerfs on pets.

38 Damage through steel armor is op (even if the pet is expencive) and pets should be a tool for squishy mages and not a worrior Build like Dex Alvarins with a dagger !

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
all pets attack should hit for "blocked" if a warrior is holding a giant towershield in a sort of defensive stance waiting for heals, ik you can perfect parry attacks but usully there are multiple pets, dogs, wolves pack, zombies attacking only 1 target. would be really nice to just stand still holding a shield and take less damage without crazy parry directions, u cant parry block direwolves anyway.

Piet

May 28, 2020
After further testing the taur dog isn't as bad as my friend described it. It does 30ish damage to most 40 to mages. Direwolves do need a nerf in pp cost though. The issue currently though is deeper than what was brought up. The point cost to use pets is miniscule. for ritualism if you're already a necro it's just 100 for full taming build. As a tamer you just put in 82 for a turtle or up to 200 for 2 dire wolves and a horse. No need for BM if you have 2 wolves because they attack the horse to build focus and never actually hit it, no need to tame them yourself just buy them, no need for care just afk or buy them fully leveled. This is about to become worse because riding pets gets their focus up so any riden pet is battle ready on dismount. If any group all did this they would beat much more skilled people with 1 button even when outnumbered. We need to make CC a child skill of the other pet skills to force people to put more points towards the build.

Weis

Jun 1, 2022
5. Direwolves and wolves are unblockable. The animations are too fast. They deal damage before you see the

TLDR: Just wait for pet armors to come out. Thats when Starvault said they will balance pet damages. If you are a footie and cant kill two dire wolves, then just get good. Risen Taur dogs are OP but its also the only thing that ritualists have going for them right now so it should not be fixed.

Before I provide my opinion I want to say that I am probably one of the most active direwolf users in the game and you will often see me on youtube running the double dire build for PVP. I am a full human fat mage with domination as well. In most Equerries I have at least 6 of these as a standard loadout. I have used them during both large and small group fights. I also have a lot of combat experience with Turtles, Crabs, T-Birds, Shore Prowlers, and Taur Dogs.

Ultimately, yes direwolves do need to have slightly lower damage output or attack speed. But this should not be done until armor is implemented. Otherwise there really aren't any good pets a tamer can use in a 1v1 against a foot fighter. Especially DEX fighters that can outrun most pets.

Foot fighter Skill: Pretty much any skilled fighter can overhead one dire wolf 4 times and kill it. Then the other one is very easy to kill. Incisium armor and a cuprum weapon is the minimum requirement to do this. In most of my recorded fights the footfighter either chooses to stand there and block look a noob, or bum rush me while I parry and stab. In many 1v1/2v2 videos I lose direwolves on footies that simply dont suck. If youre interested in learning how to kill pets and want to do a training session hit me up on discord and ill be happy to show you.

Tamer Skill: Tamers that use one button to attack someone with no variation have no skill and will almost always get killed by a skilled fighter. However, you cant blame this on tamers, beast mastery simply does not work and is no value added to use in a fight. So we have no option but to attack and pull back pets. However, there is a lot of skill involved with hip fire no scoping Thunder lash, Landing heals, and making sure you have good timing and positioning. More skill is involved in this than you think.

Should a Tamer be able to kill a footie with a max level pet: A foot fighter wearing cheap disposable gear currently can overhead most 125 level combat pets to death that have less HP than a shore prowler. Currently, tamers either buy or train their pets. 60-80 gold is required for having two dire wolves. Plus 15g worth of armor and reagents. So a standard dire wolf tamer is basically equivalent to a full steel footie. If we level our pets manually it will take several hours. Ultimately the time investment of a full tamer is higher than a full steel footie who can farm bandits/risars/sators for a few hundred gold and then just buy a stack of steel.

Risen Taur Dogs: I would argue that the time investment for making a risen taur dog is low since you can bulk farm carcass and summon a ton with easy to farm gems. There isnt a lot of time spent attempting to tame and mercy them for 30 minutes and then have to move into town one at a time. This shit needs to be nerfed. But for now its really the only option for ritualists. And the focus thing isnt a bug, its an intentional feature added by GMs that was put out in an update. This is because Ritual pets do not have beast mastery skills.

Pet point Cost Nerfing:
Its hard to say if we should do this for wolves or not because I literally spend points on a primary just to have multiple pets. Also, Most tamers cannot survive on foot with combat pets against a mounted player with a bone tissue short bow. Previously having any high level pet meant that I had to use a level 1-15 horse than can easily be one-shotted. This was so bad that it induced rage quit based on time cost ratios like I discussed earlier. If anything, I think pets like panthers and cougars should have similar pet points to dire wolves. That is what gives herding utility. Remember, tamers can only have two Dires because they spend 91 points on herding. But this should be fixed too since Herding should cap at 100 not 91. Seems unfair. Maybe balancing this would make more sense when they add pet mounts, but then why punish players for using herding and making pets even more unattainable?

• Haha
Reactions: Piet and 2Op4Scrubs

Weis

Jun 1, 2022
Fun story about this: I am a fat mage with 190 HP and daggers. Got like 50 Dex and 50 Sprinting... Im a thic boy. I saw 2 kitted footies and a mage I wanted to kill at Jungle Camp so here is what happened:

-Ash cloud on one footie, Sent one Dire wolf,
-Targeted Mage with Other Dire Wolf
-Thunder Lashed the second Fighter who was charging me at this point
-Ate a hit and pulled out a dagger for parry.
-Mage died pretty quick because there were no peels (he coulda stood there and spam healed from one dire tbh).
-After I had the mage down I focused the ash footie with the second dire,
-Footie goes down and both wolves are almost dead. Send them to the guy ive been parrying.
-Footie gets another Thunderlash and goes down.
-I got like 20 HP left and start healing/looting.
-Naked Oghmire rolls up when im healing and 3 shots me with a longbow before dire wolves can kill him.

Moral of the story. Im a thic boy with 190 HP and youre a single Longbow Arrow HP bar haha

• Haha
Reactions: Piet