Risen tourdogs and Direwolves need a nerf

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
4. Necro pets are bugged (focus bug)
This statement right here tells me everything I need to know.
Necro pets are not supposed to use focus, Because they have no beast mastery skills to use the focus. There for there is no need to build focus. The only exception is tupilak.
risen pets/ritualism is broken, human tindremic can use 125 risen horse 125 taur dog , sword, zombies.. cmon ahah. they should add atleast another 100primary points to use them.
This situation does not mean pets/ritualism is broken. It just means Humans are broken. (They are, Most attribute and skill points in the game, and they get 6kg of armor for free) This is why its kinda shitty to play any other race as a mage, Bc you are limited to 2kg of armor weight. At 6kg you are at 63% mana regen while humans can go to like 13kg and be at 60%
38 Damage through steel armor is op (even if the pet is expencive) and pets should be a tool for squishy mages and not a worrior Build like Dex Alvarins with a dagger !
No its not, Here's why! An adamant sells for 100+ gold, 1200 steel is around 40g theres your armor. You click once and your ready to go. To make a taru dog u have to now spend the next 4hrs leveling it. So it takes more gold investment and time to make the taru dog, then it does to make a steel armor and weapon. This is assuming you buy everything, to reduce max time investment. Rituals is still 4hrs longer, just to get ready.
So It takes more time and more money but use less points. But keep in mind, Most ritual users are mages so they already have 600points invested to being a mage.
Perhaps the can balance this and have it based off of int and psy somehow so it does not fuck over mages, So we would not see this heavy Necro FF meta.

all pets attack should hit for "blocked" if a warrior is holding a giant towershield in a sort of defensive stance waiting for heals, ik you can perfect parry attacks but usully there are multiple pets, dogs, wolves pack, zombies attacking only 1 target. would be really nice to just stand still holding a shield and take less damage without crazy parry directions, u cant parry block direwolves anyway.
I also think this would be cool. But not just for pets. If a player us blocking down with a T shield it should block every frontal attack. Not just pet attacks.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Piet

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
Fun story about this: I am a fat mage with 190 HP and daggers. Got like 50 Dex and 50 Sprinting... Im a thic boy. I saw 2 kitted footies and a mage I wanted to kill at Jungle Camp so here is what happened:

-Ash cloud on one footie, Sent one Dire wolf,
-Targeted Mage with Other Dire Wolf
-Thunder Lashed the second Fighter who was charging me at this point
-Ate a hit and pulled out a dagger for parry.
-Mage died pretty quick because there were no peels (he coulda stood there and spam healed from one dire tbh).
-After I had the mage down I focused the ash footie with the second dire,
-Footie goes down and both wolves are almost dead. Send them to the guy ive been parrying.
-Footie gets another Thunderlash and goes down.
-I got like 20 HP left and start healing/looting.
-Naked Oghmire rolls up when im healing and 3 shots me with a longbow before dire wolves can kill him.

Moral of the story. Im a thic boy with 190 HP and youre a single Longbow Arrow HP bar haha
Also a hell of a lot harder to hit for footies, archers, and mages alike. I always worry about a stray longbow arrow, but in reality it hasn't happened in the 200 hours I've been this build, so if the odds of me getting 1-tapped are that low, I'll take the speed and extra int ;P Was super worried about how squishy I'd be, but I avoid a hell of a lot of damage because of speed and size. The only real problem I have is with pets because almost any pet can 3 tap me, and they have infinite stam, so they just run me down no matter how fast I am. Complete lack of melee stats makes parrying almost pointless. It does work against a lot of weapons, but if a Veela with a hammer comes after me I'm completely F'd, and pets do damage through my parries anyways.

Almost went back to lean dagger mage a few times, but I've decided I'm sadistic enough to keep this build.

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Also a hell of a lot harder to hit for footies, archers, and mages alike. I always worry about a stray longbow arrow, but in reality it hasn't happened in the 200 hours I've been this build, so if the odds of me getting 1-tapped are that low, I'll take the speed and extra int ;P Was super worried about how squishy I'd be, but I avoid a hell of a lot of damage because of speed and size. The only real problem I have is with pets because almost any pet can 3 tap me, and they have infinite stam, so they just run me down no matter how fast I am. Complete lack of melee stats makes parrying almost pointless. It does work against a lot of weapons, but if a Veela with a hammer comes after me I'm completely F'd, and pets do damage through my parries anyways.

Almost went back to lean dagger mage a few times, but I've decided I'm sadistic enough to keep this build.

I think all these Pet Builds combined with full Footies or MA Builds are too much and we need counters. A spell that make the Pet owner loose controll of his pet for some time, with a resistence of the animal against that spell, so it can´t be spammed on the animal. Silver weapons could deal more damage to undead pets and some animations need to be made slower like for excample the Direwolf Animation.

Animals should not be useless, but also not OP. I would rather like to see weaker animals with slower animations and that players can level them up more quickly.

I take a potion with me when i am farming. When a player comes itry reset the mob and drink a pot, so that i have a chance to win the fight and reset the PVE fight. With all these risen Animals a mage ride by throwing a flamestrike on you with a pet and you are dead. I cant even reset and drink the pot. I dont like that. Maybe risars should switch targets if they see undead pets. Pets could generate more aggro to specific mobs, so they switch target. This would also make farming with pets more attractive.

When Terror birds will be mountable you should not be able to hold a horse aswell but ride on the combat pet.

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020

I agree ! They should have a stamina bar and every parry of a player should reduce the stamina, so you can run away and the animal is exausted, after you managed to parry it multiple times. Hitting the enemy could generate stamina.