Replacing resources

Angelo

May 28, 2020
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
Its just not cool to replace resources around the world. I understand there need to be balancing but this is just ridiculous. Removing rocks from one area and add it to another is pretty much gamebraking. Like Meduli now has only Saburra but Fabernum now has Granum, Coal and Saburra. Its not balanced I think. I dont know if thats intended or there is a reason why they have to do that but its really not cool.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
are you suggesting that whatever haphazard distribution of resources they had at the start of beta should remain indefinitely? thats how we got so many of mo1's systems and is a large part of why the game stagnated, henrik was stuck in decision paralysis and never changed anything in the game.

i'm actually quite happy that they are willing to make changes, and even willing to make some that may make some people unhappy. Thats not to say that their new distribution is the best or even better than it was previously, but the fact that they're actually willing to make changes is a good sign.

we all hope they do their homework and at least have some idea how they want to spread resources around before just randomly making changes. and certainly i hope they do a lot more homework before reactionary flipflopping when some people complain about changes they make.

-barcode

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I cant really talk about balance here because I don't know what all is where currently.

But it was never really hard to get Saburra to fab in MO1. It was at most a slight inconvenience.

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
I cant really talk about balance here because I don't know what all is where currently.

But it was never really hard to get Saburra to fab in MO1. It was at most a slight inconvenience.
map was smaller too ^^

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
map was smaller too ^^

Right. But even if it was at the same location on the new map, it still would not be that bad.

Again, I do not know where all they put the Saburra near fab. Or how limited they made things in Meduli.

So maybe there is an issue.

But we can not just compare it directly with the amount of ore available at each city.

There are many other things to consider as well.

One city may be better for one thing and another better for something completely different.

If all cities where completely balanced in all ways then the whole regional thing would be a bust.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
Another point that needs to be considered, is that it's not all about location but also quantity of nodes. I can already see it that should MO2 maintain a player base, these regions that have some secondary resources (such as suburra near Fab) with a small number of nodes will always be farmed out. By all means though, if the location + number of nodes is unbalanced, give feedback and make sure it's known.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Did they really remove Granum from Meduli while also putting Sab in Fab? lolwut

Feels like whiplash

• Wow
Reactions: Bernfred

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
Build second largest city in a sabburra canyon, 0 saburra. Ty SV

Lol the irony ik. Resource distribution is ongoing though, we're seeing changes every patch because of it; el la Fabernum sab. We have to give them the time to at least try different resource distributions before the game goes live.

Gorukha

Sep 9, 2021
Is it totally random , or are there areas where a given resource will possibly spawn? That would be a pretty good way to prevent one guild from sitting on a spawn all year.