Removing spinning cause 1 month streamers cant read attacks

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
Nevermind the fact that people have been calling the spin-to-win mechanic stupid since day 1 of the damned games launch? Are you so high on your own hot air you think everything revolves around Twitch Streamers? NO! It is a stupid mechanic and has been stupid since the very beginning. Hell a simple google search will return people complaining about spinning. A simple search on the discord will return over a thousand hits on spinning. Hell on some subreddits you can find spin macros for the game.

So tell me again how this looks good?

Trash players have been calling the spin-to-win mechanic stupid* Because they dont want to put in the time to get good at the game so they want the skill ceiling to get dragged down to their level :LOL:

I dont know why you are asking me to explain to you how spinning looks good. Its completely subjective, i have no feelings about how it looks. How about you explain to me why you think it looks bad, without the usual trash argument that it looks "jank", which doesnt really make sense cause theres nothing "jank" happening with the animations.

Wtf? This will render Hemeths 3000 hours into practising the conceal swings useless? How can they do this?!
THE STREAMERS CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!!!

I probably dont even have 2k hours, and its normal for somebody who is shit at every game he plays to think that someone needs to "practice" and "HARDCORE GRIND" something like this to get good at it. The truth is, some people enjoy dueling and fighting, and you automatically become good at it if you have a brain, then on the other side of the field you have shit players that can put in thousands of hours and never get good at it, who do you think that is? :ROFLMAO:

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Stouty does alright at MO2 for someone who just jumped in head first, if he stuck at it, he would probably be near if not be at the top of the skill ceiling, especially with his ping. His knowledge on games that use damage trace for directional combat is higher than 99.9% of people in this game, even the self proclaimed pro's.

Spinning, backswings, Wessex drags and a variety of other animation breaking manipulation was hated by majority of competitive and pro players in Chiv/mord. They just tolerated it and used it, because no changes fixed the issue and to remain competitive had to give in to the cheese(Which MO2 is in a similar boat). Mordhau was originally designed to fix this aspect, but it only partially remedied the issue, still was aids. And just like in MO2, they had their select circle jerks who argued tooth and nail to keep the broken aspects of combat in the game, because they didn't want to give up something they invested a lot of time into learning & abusing.

There's no other top 1% Chiv/Mord players to my knowledge playing MO2. Stouty is the only one I've seen or heard of touching this game. Unless you're speaking of self proclaimed pro's who just sat in duel servers. Hours is only really an estimation of skill/knowledge level, not a definitive factual statistic. You can still have 2k hours and be a complete noob in skill and game knowledge - Especially in MO2 with so much downtime from travel/afk.
Shadow of a man plays this game.Also known as doomrider.

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
Well I mean the good news. Is if they ever change the combat they can all go to Jungle Camp together and never fight/die. All this does is change 1v1's nothing else about the game changes. All 1v1's turn from skill base to durability checks. Who can bring more weapons and weapon swap better. Anybody of any sort of clue on how to play melee knows this.

So whose all for this? Are the little zerglings of the game planning to do some epic 1v1s? Is this an attempt to get stouty back so he can body sneeze. Is this just a skill check remover all your work you put into a mechanic is now gone because people are bad lol.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Combat without spinning while avoiding endless parry-fights would result in either very zerg friendly and/or very low ping reliant.

Or do you any ground breaking ideas?

The simple fix for this is... the next continent Sarducaa should be hosted out of North America, Mountain region (Colorado) or Midwest (Chicago or Dallas). This would solve that problem. Giving NA, and SA players a better ping setting to play on and still not hurting the AUS/PAC players anymore if anything helping them. While leaving Myrland to the EU/RUS/Africa playerbase to play.

But ping doesn't matter... hur hur.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Trash players have been calling the spin-to-win mechanic stupid* Because they dont want to put in the time to get good at the game so they want the skill ceiling to get dragged down to their level :LOL:

I dont know why you are asking me to explain to you how spinning looks good. Its completely subjective, i have no feelings about how it looks. How about you explain to me why you think it looks bad, without the usual trash argument that it looks "jank", which doesnt really make sense cause theres nothing "jank" happening with the animations.

I probably dont even have 2k hours, and its normal for somebody who is shit at every game he plays to think that someone needs to "practice" and "HARDCORE GRIND" something like this to get good at it. The truth is, some people enjoy dueling and fighting, and you automatically become good at it if you have a brain, then on the other side of the field you have shit players that can put in thousands of hours and never get good at it, who do you think that is? :ROFLMAO:

You mean they dont want to invest in a high DPI mouse that they can set macros to flip their DPI on the fly or program in auto-feint macros with a 180 spin in there?

Yes I have a mouse that can do ALL of that, and yes I have written those exact macros to do it and NO I dont use them, because I find the melee currently complete trash.

This is an accurate commercial for the current state of MO2 Melee PVP.

• Haha
Reactions: CherryKush

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
The simple fix for this is... the next continent Sarducaa should be hosted out of North America, Mountain region (Colorado) or Midwest (Chicago or Dallas). This would solve that problem. Giving NA, and SA players a better ping setting to play on and still not hurting the AUS/PAC players anymore if anything helping them. While leaving Myrland to the EU/RUS/Africa playerbase to play.

But ping doesn't matter... hur hur.
You're so dumb it hurts. Let's add a continent that nobody will play on for NA lol. This is your magical fix? The whole macro argument is LOL. Man, this is some real cope man. MACRO argument still lol. I thought people realized it was a troll, but holy shit

FreeHorses

Jul 2, 2020
removing a core gameplay mechanic without discussing or even giving an idea on what ur going to replace it with is a terrible idea.
The combat alpha ment nothing for the development of this game if SV is still making core changes to it.

since SV doesn't seem to have any ideas on how to fix this, let me throw my 2 cents in.

Add partial parry and perfect parry
make it so mid animation swings do the most damage
put a parry timer in the center of ur crosshair until a parry becomes a block

perfect parry with negate all damage basically how they do now
partial parry blocks most damage and allows you to still do a counter attack
mid animation does more damage so the meta of looking down and overheading becomes less of a thing
when you parry the crosshair shows a circle like it does when you fully charge a swing and then ticks down showing when ur parry becomes a block.

PatWins

May 28, 2020
Why do people have some retarded misconception that Mordhau or Chivalry is any similar to MO2 combat? If anything Mount & Blade and For Honour is far more similar, so why exactly are we taking feedback from clueless Mordhau players that just started the game, coming from a game where the only similarity is being a melee game lmao. ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE TRASH AT THE GAME. Yo dawg, if you show up and you are instantly a god and reach the top 1%, sure give all the feedback you want, it will probably be good, but the fact of the matter is, all of these kids are utter shit at the game which just shows they have little understanding of the mechanics, instead of learning the game and actually putting in the effort to get better, let's just go ahead and drag the game down to the shit level so everyone can compete and be good straight off the bat, sounds good to me.

I'm just asking rhetorical questions here cause I already know the answer why. This is the same reason that the combat test team was filled with kids like Patwins, the same reason the completely broken trash necro pets that nobody wanted to return, made a comeback, the same reason there are no counters to magic, mounted fatmages etc. You just hate to see it :LOL:

I'm all for changes that increase the skill ceiling, but I think everyone already knows that their "solution" and "alternative" to spinning are almost guaranteed to lower the skill ceiling and make the game less competitive. I hope I'm wrong :p
Yeah that kid sucks.

Reactions: Teknique

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
You're so dumb it hurts. Let's add a continent that nobody will play on for NA lol. This is your magical fix? The whole macro argument is LOL. Man, this is some real cope man. MACRO argument still lol. I thought people realized it was a troll, but holy shit

Is that your profile pic or a misplaced Picasso painting? Now that we have got the insults out of the way. Let us point out how slow are you? Dont answer that was a rhetorical question. If you think that a server based in the NA, even Sarducaa, wouldnt be played on. Have you seen how watered down this version of Mortal Online is compared to the first one? To think that the playerbase would gladly jump at a chance to play on a lower ping less frame rate murdering, boring green hell that is Myrland you are as special as your alcohol fetal syndrome face would imply.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Cant wait for the unblockable special attacks that for sure will be easy to reliable dodge since distance works so good in this game.

Or kicks that will stun you or put your parry on cooldown so zerging is even easier.

Finally the actual top pvpers like Hodo that cant use 720 spinning shit with feint macros because of roleplaying will be able to conquer Myrland.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Cant wait for the unblockable special attacks that for sure will be easy to reliable dodge since distance works so good in this game.

Or kicks that will stun you or put your parry on cooldown so zerging is even easier.

Finally the actual top pvpers like Hodo that cant use 720 spinning shit with feint macros because of roleplaying will be able to conquer Myrland.

Yep I'm a RP'er. Nailed it.

NYOCHTAR

Sep 21, 2022
I am all for increasing the skill ceiling, but limiting spinning is going to decrease it. This game is not mordhau or chiv. I am surprised that SV is not taking action on handle hits - this is something that was mentioned in the "top 1% player's" video and most of the community agrees about.

Plz don't remove spinning.

Reactions: Gutscrank

serge

Dec 22, 2021
I am all for increasing the skill ceiling, but limiting spinning is going to decrease it. This game is not mordhau or chiv. I am surprised that SV is not taking action on handle hits - this is something that was mentioned in the "top 1% player's" video and most of the community agrees about.

Plz don't remove spinning.

Increasing the damage of handle hits would be good start. Equipment hits are probably the worst thing in the game. Sword to Sword equipment hits are 🤡🤡🤡

Reactions: Gutscrank and cerqo

NYOCHTAR

Sep 21, 2022
Increasing the damage of handle hits would be good start. Equipment hits are probably the worst thing in the game. Sword to Sword equipment hits are 🤡🤡🤡
If SV wants to start changing combat, start with handle hits. Don't start with changing the entire system.

D

Deleted member 44

@cerqo It looks jank because in real life you would get your brain dunked in for doing 720 jump spins. I know you're a good player and all, but I don't really value your opinion on what most of us experience. You play an entirely different game than us. You literally have 1~2 ms ping to the game server. I sit at 160 ms. When you play, shit actually works as intended.

EDIT
The other thing I wanted to add is that it breaks physics. MO2 does not have a momentum system, meaning that velocity and mass are not factored in with your players movement creating an unrealistic system of movement. You can read more about this below.

Once upon a time we had vector math with the mounted combat system, but it was removed due to the velocity spikes that would sometimes happen. They removed the vector math as a method in which to streamline expected outcomes. With mounted combat not working at all with this post, I hope that their new system reincorporates physical laws into the damage calculation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Rei 2

Sep 21, 2022
Spinning I think is manageable. Dumb looking but manageable. I personally think being able to feint your repose multi times/direction off a parry is ridiculous. I'm just salty because it's gets me every time

serge

Dec 22, 2021
@cerqo It looks jank because in real life you would get your brain dunked in for doing 720 jump spins. I know you're a good player and all, but I don't really value your opinion on what most of us experience. You play an entirely different game than us. You literally have 1~2 ms ping to the game server. I sit at 160 ms. When you play, shit actually works as intended.

EDIT
The other thing I wanted to add is that it breaks physics. MO2 does not have a momentum system, meaning that velocity and mass are not factored in with your players movement creating an unrealistic system of movement. You can read more about this below.

Once upon a time we had vector math with the mounted combat system, but it was removed due to the velocity spikes that would sometimes happen. They removed the vector math as a method in which to streamline expected outcomes. With mounted combat not working at all with this post, I hope that their new system reincorporates physical laws into the damage calculation.

Shmerick I play at 150ms and I think the combat system is great for a one world one server system. Sadly you are most likely a player who never even attempted to learn the combat system or get good at it. You most likely threw your hands up in the air and said its not FAIR!! then started playing brain dead mounted or tamer. So does your opinion matter? I dont think so either......

Reactions: Gutscrank

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Combat without spinning while avoiding endless parry-fights would result in either very zerg friendly and/or very low ping reliant.

Or do you any ground breaking ideas?
I apologize for how stupid I feel saying this, but game isnt made for 1v1's. In the games current state I passionately hate 1v1 fighting and wont log in if my friend isnt on. Even 2v2 is a completely different game.

My actual more intelligent take is to heavily nerf blocking. Honestly I like darkfalls combat and blocking is shit, its about out dps'ing your enemy. And its not gear based, gear matters in darkfall but I've seen better players roll aweful gear and still slam.

I used to play this shitty minecraft minigame server with my friends little brother years ago when thats what the kids played. You could like gather and dunk on kids and take their stuff. Was actually kidna fun. I actually had a lot of fun with the shitty minecraft combat system. Its literally clicking, shooting, moving and aiming. That's it. And I would body kids. We dont need bullshit to get through blocking, blocking needs to be less OP to promote actually swinging your weapon and not sitting like a bitch.