remove TRINKETS, add in Siege/Donk/Molva/Lyk:

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
What are you talking about? magic trinkets don't belong in a magic fantasy game?
Technically. MO is full loot open pvp sandbox. You are supposed to drop your shit when you die. Having a 1000g ultra rate trinket that doesnt drop on death that gives you benefits isnt in the spirit of MO.

I personally dont care that much but they were still a waste of dev time and should have been done after actually important changes.

Reactions: Xunila and Bicorps

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Technically. MO is full loot open pvp sandbox. You are supposed to drop your shit when you die. Having a 1000g ultra rate trinket that doesnt drop on death that gives you benefits isnt in the spirit of MO.

I personally dont care that much but they were still a waste of dev time and should have been done after actually important changes.

At this point, does it matter? I mean its in game, and its to late to cry about it now. It would take more effort to remove them than just leave them in place.

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021

A lot of shit aren't, but sometime conveniance is better.
I'm all for removing any protected container too ... but would it be in the spirit of MO? yes and no ...
Without soulboundness, trinkets would be dumbed down a lot, or nobody would wear it ... coz who want to change his primaries config every death ...

Pocketss

May 21, 2022
I can’t wait for sieging!!! When that came out in Mo1 it was so broke. So many exploits. GMs had to be there just to watch both sides. No one knew what was bugging out or what was being exploited. Letssssss Goooooooo!

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
What are you talking about? magic trinkets don't belong in a magic fantasy game?
So your irony wasn't so ironic after all ... that's what you think, trinkets shouldn't be there in the first place ... which is weird, since it should have been there since launch. What made a lot of people quit without being able to put words on it, is precisely the lack of random loots that makes your farm sessions more fun. Until trinkets, you knew EXACTLY what you would get when you went to places.
Shit was boring and useless before, now you can just farm some bandits ... you never know!
fills up hotspots, creates pvp ... it sure doesn't belong at all ...

hotspots are more core than sieging, for one simple reason : sieging is useless if you don't have stuff to fight for ... ego dramas are just bandades.
there is no point to add siege before you have enough shit to fight over, like there was no point to add housing before you could really live in it.
Now you want your base near bosses.

- Shouts are moral boosts/debuffs, that's not weird at all.
- what clade? not everything can be 100% logical ... what game does anyway?
- trinkets are very good long term goals.
MO need more long term grind, the trick is to not force the grind ... but game designers are still trying to figure out how to do that ... since players are just premature ejaculators, they just rush to the end ... and then get bored, and blame it all on others.
Apart for some skill exceptions, your character feels complete way to soon ... you get too fast to the "wtf do i do now", in a game whose main problem is lack of content ...
quite a dumb start, but maybe they won't do it for mo3 ... who knows.

One thing I'd say is "So your irony wasn't so ironic after all ... that's what you think, trinkets shouldn't be there in the first place ... which is weird, since it should have been there since launch." That's a weird sentence! NO! We went like 8 yrs on MO1 without trinkets and with no idea of them. I like Diablo. I like Grim Dawn, etc etc, but MO ain't that.

I've got more stuff to say!

This is basically how I feel: you say people get what they can and then quit, and maybe that's true... but the thing is that... hmmm... well, imagine a kind of pyramid with places for people to sit. The people at the top of the pyramid get gains, and some get enough gains to get bored (or just kinda play for luls cuz they are stacked,) if they quit, tho, what happens? Someone else rises up. Everything underneath shifts. That's also a 'long term goal.'

Trinkets are bad because they raw adjust things that should not be adjusted (IMO!) It's like if you had something in your house that made you go 15% faster for 2 hours, it would be OP.

The actual truth is, in speaking about my pyramid, what the grind was, as I said, is staying alive ( dances, ) when they lessened the danger and increased the 'loot,' to more average MMO type stuff, I think that's a bad directional change. I'd love to see better loot tables, as in mobs dropping more and more weird raw stuff that someone can process and eventually become something. However, having mobs drop stuff that changes your stats is wack, clade buffs are kinda wack. It's a big change. I am more willing to accept clade buffs because they have a positive, but in general they are imbalanced. Trinkets, to me, have no positive. like I said I never acquired a trinket in MO1, maybe some trash stuff I got myself, but def isn't my goal.

I feel like the statement "trinkets are very good long term goals" is something that SV would agree with, unfortunately, I feel the 90% of people who have quit so far don't agree. Even if trinkets dropped on death, it's still weird. Spell books/scrolls are also unnecessary grind imo, but prol came from people whining about mages being 'x silver worth of regs.' I dunno man. Remember, the idea is to create a world that people want to live in, that is progressing at a pace that you jump on to do stuff and keep up, if you are 'in the game.' Not like well I'm gonna put in an hour to farm some trinkets.

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
I feel like the statement "trinkets are very good long term goals" is something that SV would agree with, unfortunately, I feel the 90% of people who have quit so far don't agree.
you can feel all you want, the heart is still deceitful. People who are in a break, because you don't know if they quit yet, didn't stop because of trinkets ... in fact you may be like the 2nd guy i hear disliking trinkets, for all other liking it.
Sure it's not enough for people who overburnt on beta, to come back yet ... people will come back with TC & city building, because that's what they thought would be ingame soon after release ... and it's not because they don't come back because of trinkets that they dislike it ...

JunidO

Apr 6, 2022
Star Vault will not make it a good game. They don't want to be a big game, so the game doesn't have to be good, at least that's how I see it.