Remove Starter kits?

• Yes

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters

[AF]Tyrone

Dec 17, 2020
SV should remove the starter kits in the next patch, seriously reduce their effectiveness, or have the kits drop on the ground when you die.

I'm thinking worn shortsword tier.

Fights are just never ending in cities. Especially with all these new keys going out group fights have become and ENDLESS SLOG through baddies who just keep respawning.

When people DIE. They need to really DIE.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bicorps

Agog Vilechopper

Dec 9, 2020
Weapons and armor from the starter kits are shit, weapons dont do lot of damage and armor ar useless. For the moment, it will be hard to do without them because the only wait to avoid a bindcamp is to create a new charactere with a starter kit.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
This isn't universally true but as a general rule most people getting bindcamped at this point deserved to be bindcamped. The thing I like about removing starter kits is crafters are out here working for our crap already. But people who are attempting to screw with us have zero skin in the game because they start will free stuff they get to keep when they return to a priest.

At least forcing them to get back to a crafter and rebuild makes it mean SOMETHING.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
It's in a testing stage with not even fully formed combat, race stats, magic, etc. missing.

Not really interested in the idea of re-making things just because a zerg shows up and camps me. Cause as it stands, numbers trump skill currently.

Sometimes I will PvP, other times I test new shit. I'm not sure what's with the push to make the additional alpha time more like persistence. Just wait till March.

[AF]Tyrone

Dec 17, 2020
Weapons and armor from the starter kits are shit, weapons dont do lot of damage and armor ar useless. For the moment, it will be hard to do without them because the only wait to avoid a bindcamp is to create a new charactere with a starter kit.

This is bullshit, and you know its bullshit. The starter gear is essentially a free steel set. You can avoid a priest camp by going to a different priest.

It's in a testing stage with not even fully formed combat, race stats, magic, etc. missing.

Not really interested in the idea of re-making things just because a zerg shows up and camps me. Cause as it stands, numbers trump skill currently.

Sometimes I will PvP, other times I test new shit. I'm not sure what's with the push to make the additional alpha time more like persistence. Just wait till March.

I mean, it seems more like you're concerned about having consequences for the things you've said.

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
Its hard to wait for the game to release, but dont worry, I am sure starter kits will be gone as soon as combat testers are no longer needed.

[AF]Tyrone

Dec 17, 2020
Its hard to wait for the game to release, but dont worry, I am sure starter kits will be gone as soon as combat testers are no longer needed.
Starter kits are impeding the ability for testers to genuinely test combat.

How can you test real fights when everyone just respawns with a full set of gear and runs back.

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
Starter kits are impeding the ability for testers to genuinely test combat.

How can you test real fights when everyone just respawns with a full set of gear and runs back.
True, realistic(for game) combat is not being tested, especially not groups fights, only a steel baseline with a few player made additions.
Sry for not being precise.

My view is that without the kits fewer would spend time testing the combat mechanics. I agree that fights with more varied gear will be both fun and are important for balance testing. I just know that I wouldnt spend time testing if I had to spend just 10 minutes preparing. So ye, I framed my personal taste and laziness in an absolute opinion ;)

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
The starter kit is required for the current testing state! There is no economy yet and there will be no economy until release. There aren't even animals to be killed to get materials.

With your request to remove the starter kit you could also request to remove the material vendor giving materials for crafting tests for free.

Reactions: Grisù

Grisù

Sep 3, 2020
Ehm ... do you know the game is still being in beta-test stage?
So you are willing to ask SV to slow down the entire testing process, just for personal ego satisfaction based on this claim?

Actually there is no purpose to force players into intentional time-wasting gear up process for each death.
Said so if you have some other information to bring in to discussion, feel free to elaborate with us; because as you can see from poll results, your actual claim made no point for the most of us atm.

Keurk

May 28, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
i see what you want to do and i kinda agree, i just think it not gonna work well right now.
Instead i suggest :
- make people spawn with 10hp at priest ,not full hp
- remove multiples priests from town. Eventually keep one in town, and one a bit far outside. but not the set up we seen in fab fights yesterday ,what i am sure helped in you making this thread. correct me if i am wrong

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
This is pointing to the same direction as your other thread.

IMO there is a point where this would be helpful to asses how effective the death deterents are. For this we need:
1. Reserves
2. heat system
3. statloss/no statloss
4. functioning standing system
5. Priests that are as the developers plan to have them at release

Then you can reduce the starting gear to rags and worn shortswords. Keep the material vendor (simulating that people have filled their banks before the conflict).

At that point we would be able to test all these systems as they work together to provide consequence to death and give proper feedback. Currently we are barely able to give feedback on the functionality of any of them.

Reactions: Vagrant and Grisù

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
The idea just doesn't make sense at a testing stage.

Especially when it doesn't impede testing of any kind, it seems the rule they implemented because people like me were griefing to stop griefing - no longer is enforced. So you can just about go and do what you like, who cares if someone respawns with a full kit and runs back to the fight.

Is it annoying? Sure, in the short term. But I'd rather have that then something that encourages more time sink in a testing stage when it really won't change anything except the amount of PvP garnered. While also encouraging priest camping further.

If you're really upset that the people you kill run back out in full gear and zerg you, then maybe don't play next to a priest.

Just wait till persistence.

FurSail

Oct 15, 2020
SV should remove the starter kits in the next patch, seriously reduce their effectiveness, or have the kits drop on the ground when you die.

Fights are just never ending in cities. Especially with all these new keys going out group fights have become and ENDLESS SLOG through baddies who just keep respawning.

sounds like a you problem

Reactions: KermyWormy

Theodosius

Jul 24, 2020

What is up with idiots on the forums wanting to make a game with nothing to do even less fun? The only thing there is to do right now is fight.. and you want to nerf that? Give me a break

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Once they added weight to the starter armor I don't object to it. I enjoy killing people over and over.
The armor crafting system isn't being tested by many people. though and I think it needs it.
I think the starter armor has better resistance than the armor that people will be crafting in the beginning of the game/release, as well, so I prefer to play in worse armor so it will feel familiar at release.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
This starter armor and weapons will get a price at the vendor at release and I think there will be better armor in the game after a week.