Remove guards outside towns

Bloodmasked

Jan 25, 2022
There should not be guards that shoot you with bows for huge unavoidable damage just because you are near the town. You should only get attacked by guards if you are inside town or at the entrance. Players farm resources next to the town so that they can simply run away and anyone who is chasing them will die to guards long before that player enters the town safezone.

Reactions: Rorry

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
While i hate that “greefing outside of towns” play-style i do agree with you. As per usual they over did it.

Personally i would have simply removed animal spawns just outside of town, and greatly reduced the value of farming the graveyards.

Then people are forced to venture out to farm.

Adding guards was just lazy and dumb.

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
hmm, after seeing the Meduli area that has guards, I changed my mind. I like it. The amount of houses is like a suburb to Meduli. They should have guards in a place like that. The power of the guards is another matter. guards should not telepot or be invincible. Two different issues, whr r the guards and how strong are they.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
It should be up to the town militia to protect a town surroundings, SV is once again just taking sand out of the box and killing player interaction.

Graveyards became pvp hotspots because theres 0 other interesting low lvl pve spots around. In Tindrem where we have the sewers with soloable bosses, theres barely any pvp or griefing going on in the graveyard. Everywhere else you have at most a bandit camp that you can farm.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Heard Henrik saying on his last stream that the reason they put guards was because ppl was shooting from houses into the city. Well maybe put a fking no build zone then? The same shit happened in MO1 when RPK put a pallisade with their own guards right outside tindrem, and it was a much better solution than just making everything a complete safezone.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Maybe have a alternative PvP hotspot outside towns. Casuals who dont have 3 hours to spend looking for pvp need a conveint way to get enough pvp into a session that it doesnt feel like they spent 90% of their session doing nothing.

Why do people kill in the graveyard? Because it gets a militia response from town.

Why not have a mechanic that somehow preassures the townies to come out to fight.

A small fort outside towns that if attacked drains the town or remives some of the guards.

mozen

May 30, 2022
There should not be guards that shoot you with bows for huge unavoidable damage just because you are near the town. You should only get attacked by guards if you are inside town or at the entrance. Players farm resources next to the town so that they can simply run away and anyone who is chasing them will die to guards long before that player enters the town safezone.
If you are getting shot from guards you deserver it.