Reduce swing delay

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Feel like parrying should cost a lot more stamina; both on the activation of the block and the actual parry/block itself. There's hardly any stamina pressure in that fight, they never run out.
Brother...if you look at that and see..."ah stamina!" idk how to converse with you.

I like this one a lot better TBH.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Brother...if you look at that and see..."ah stamina!" idk how to converse with you.

I like this one a lot better TBH.
He's not even spinning that much in that video. He does 1 full 360 I think, then just looks up at the sky before swinging. How they plan to nerf that with a turn cap without seriously destroying the combat?
Feel like parrying should cost a lot more stamina; both on the activation of the block and the actual parry/block itself. There's hardly any stamina pressure in that fight, they never run out.
Idk about going for stam, that would make zerging easier I think. I like being able to parry whore a bit if Im stammed vs a bigger group.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
He's not even spinning that much in that video. He does 1 full 360 I think, then just looks up at the sky before swinging. How they plan to nerf that with a turn cap without seriously destroying the combat?

Idk about going for stam, that would make zerging easier I think. I like being able to parry whore a bit if Im stammed vs a bigger group.
Basically they're taking way out of context a couple duels I had with shimmering as he sat there and fed me parrys. It might actually look close but if he foot jousted with me i'd likely get slapped as he parried everything I did while running.

Currently there are two ways to break statues with camera animation feints and accels. The problem isn't that there are statues with 15 ping in the game thats totally fine, its that there are still a couple of ways to deal with it and thats not acceptable but they will be fixed soon.

This is absolutely not the game play of MO 2 NA for NA, it looks a lot like MO 1. I can upload one with Viknuss if you want thats the real gameplay right now.

YOU CAN'T PLAY LIKE THIS IN AN ACTUAL DUEL, THE PERSON JUST RUNS AWAY

in short I killed MO 2. Wasn't even trying to this time.

I like the statue playstyle myself, but I think its actually somewhat reasonable with my ping.

Last edited:

Valoran

May 28, 2020
Halving the added swing delay to the one way trip time of your ping will make it easier to kill low ping players, as they wont have such a huge advantage in reaction time, whilst also levelling the playing field regarding actual attack speed.

So many problems people are having with the combat balance right now can be fixed by this suggestion.

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
So you're saying the game is jank fest and we can expect it to die in 3 months just like LO did? Shocking. Hell LO's combat at least worked (although not very well, in the larger fights, but I was never left wondering how someone blocked an attack from the back, or got dunked by invisible swings, or hit from 5-10 meters away).

Really surprised they didn't slap an NDA on the game. I show people a video, they see all the jank, desync, etc and instantly get turned off.

They should've never even bothered with MO2 if its just going to end up in the same grave as MO1 with what you're saying.
You are supposed to always mention its a Alpha

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Currently there are two ways to break statues with camera animation feints and accels. The problem isn't that there are statues with 15 ping in the game thats totally fine, its that there are still a couple of ways to deal with it and thats not acceptable but they will be fixed soon.

To be fair Henrik said that they are looking into ways to break the statue/parry whore gameplay. They do know that currently it´s a necessary evil. It just seems they would rather not have that in the finished product since it just looks shit.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Halving the added swing delay to the one way trip time of your ping will make it easier to kill low ping players, as they wont have such a huge advantage in reaction time, whilst also levelling the playing field regarding actual attack speed.

So many problems people are having with the combat balance right now can be fixed by this suggestion.
How do you know they aren’t doing something similar to this already. Did they explicitly state anywhere that they’re adding your full ping to all server communications on your swing

Valoran

May 28, 2020
How do you know they aren’t doing something similar to this already. Did they explicitly state anywhere that they’re adding your full ping to all server communications on your swing
Yes it has been known for over a month. I have a thread describing how it works if you want to have a read of that.

Essentially when you release your mouse button to release the swing, it sends a message to the server saying:

Client: "I'm ready to release my attack"

To which the server responds with:

Server: "Okay go ahead and release it"

Upon receiving the response from the server, you will only then play the swinging animation.

So it naturally adds the full round trip time of your connection to the server to every swing you release.

My suggestion is to only add the one way trip time to the release, thereby halving the added delay and still achieving the benefit of mitigating very high ping abuse.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
To be fair Henrik said that they are looking into ways to break the statue/parry whore gameplay. They do know that currently it´s a necessary evil. It just seems they would rather not have that in the finished product since it just looks shit.
I dont think the spinning looks that bad, Id say what looks worse is those back breaking animations, those werent implemented in MO1. Thats what gives it that twitchy look IMO and could be a easy fix just make the animation go slower and reduce the range of motion.

WesleySnipes

Jul 8, 2020

You act because I pointed that one thing out that I was saying that was the primary issue. It's not, but It's weird that blocking attacks isn't costly. Part of the reason of why people can hide behind parries / blocks is because they're not finite.

MO1 was full of gimmicky shit when it came to combat which never really made a whole lot of sense on an in-depth inspection. People just kinda accepted it, and those that didn't ended up leaving, and that's part of the reason why MO1 has a concurrency of 30 people. If your combat is an exploitable, gimmick filled jank fest, only the die hards will likely stay, and there isn't enough of those to keep the lights on.

Last edited: