Red Priest changes

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
[CTX] disagrees with the change, but we're not up in arms about it.

We're not going to begin actively killing new players & griefing them as a form of protest.

If you want to truly protest a video game - don't play it. That is the most assured way to make your presence known. If you think about it, if multiple guilds simply stopped playing you would notice it in due time.

But I don't think anyone is ready to have that talk. They'd rather keep playing and call the game shit. Me? I've just been relaxing and watching from afar playing other titles.. I think I'll wait for all this to calm down before making a move in-game. Would rather have absolute assurance that I'm not going to get roll backed, my character deleted, my skills disappearing, my inventory or bank bugging out, etc. etc.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Tzone

May 16, 2021

We're not going to begin actively killing new players & griefing them as a form of protest.

If you want to truly protest a video game - don't play it. That is the most assured way to make your presence known. If you think about it, if multiple guilds simply stopped playing you would notice it in due time.

But I don't think anyone is ready to have that talk. They'd rather keep playing and call the game shit. Me? I've just been relaxing and watching from afar playing other titles.. I think I'll wait for all this to calm down before making a move in-game. Would rather have absolute assurance that I'm not going to get roll backed, my character deleted, my skills disappearing, my inventory or bank bugging out, etc. etc.
Yeah Im out the door looking for something else to play which is a shame. Decent promising game with nothing really on the market. Just tired of Henrik no thinking half implementing things and not thinking that wasting this player bases time and ruining their in game experience is not concern he should have. Tired of hearing its ok if you dont like it come back later when its fixed.

Making other players really helps tho but these people they are changing the game for wont be around in a year. Just game hoppers needing everygame to cater to them.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I didn't play MO1 but couldn't you kill people in the middle of a town there? I mean, i wouldn't mind statloss if this was a thing in MO2. But you get oneshot by elite guards if you walk anywhere near a guarded town.
It was just as bad if not worse in MO1. Guards would chase you way outside of town and shoot/thunderlash you through walls.

Branjolf

May 22, 2021
First they remove red priests from laweless areas like CC and JC ... then they made them more scarce .,. and now they are planning to get a red priest next to every keep, which those guilds have, who exploited the queue and different game mechanics the most in the beginning .... yeah

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021

or you can fuck up peoples income which hurts them way more than not playing the game would.

• Love

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I didn't play MO1 but couldn't you kill people in the middle of a town there? I mean, i wouldn't mind statloss if this was a thing in MO2. But you get oneshot by elite guards if you walk anywhere near a guarded town.

It's not hard to kill people in the middle of town if you know where the guards are. My friend took a steel set of someone ( didn't make it all the way out, prol made some mistakes in pathing,) and that's in the relatively small Bakti.

I don't like these "forced dec mechanics if one guild kills another too much," another arbitrary change. Keeps? heh. I dunno man. There are other games (tho not first person like MO) for big guild pvp. That should be a thing, but they already have the set up to do it. They need to stop nerfing pvp for small groups and solos. A lot of us have been shouting for lawless zones, but I can kinda tell by the way they are talking about it that's it's not gonna be a very big area, and even if there is good shit to fight over in there... that's almost like arena level pvp. The open world pvp was what we signed up for.

I think the problem is essentially devs are adding and taking away what they think people want instead of communicating with the player base. lol. It's like yea we took that away from you but we've prepared THIS... and it's like ????? Didn't ask for that? Don't want that... what even is that.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
It's not hard to kill people in the middle of town if you know where the guards are. My friend took a steel set of someone ( didn't make it all the way out, prol made some mistakes in pathing,) and that's in the relatively small Bakti.
Yeah well i challenge him to try doing this in Morin Khur without bugging through the west gates first.

zers

Aug 4, 2021
my release resolution is now to kill 500 noobs every day. Hope you noobs dont waste that server transfer or u getting farmed for 2h. You kill a streamer once he cries for a change and SV bends the knee like a bitch dog.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
my release resolution is now to kill 500 noobs every day. Hope you noobs dont waste that server transfer or u getting farmed for 2h. You kill a streamer once he cries for a change and SV bends the knee like a bitch dog.

then kill the streamers lol...

• Love

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
or you can fuck up peoples income which hurts them way more than not playing the game would.

Hard disagree. Contributing to the game good or bad is activity. You might drive some people away, but as the old MO saying goes they wouldn't of stuck around anyway.

Those you do bother will probably resolve to band up, join a guild, or be apart of an alliance. But a lot of people do that already so.

I still think flat out not playing is the most detrimental approach.

Some people would rather see griefers then nobody. People play games with griefers all the time, don't really see people playing empty games.

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
  • Rearranged red priests on Myrland, they are now fewer and located farther away from guarded cities.
  • Cave Camp and Jungle Camp priests are now blue priests.
  • Priests outside dungeons are now blue priests.

Nice patch notes. How about this, just don't let murderers resurrect at all. In fact just toggle PVP off for the whole game since that's clearly what StarVault is gunning for.
What kind of dumb shit is this? Have we stopped pretending and now we're just overtly chasing off pvp players? This is absolutely brain dead.

what a freacking joke.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Adding red priests outside keeps roflmao these kids are stoopid 🤣🤣 cant contest keeps but give em More resources, housing doesn't have group support but keeps do have guild chests and now red priests, why do these dumbass kids wanna turn everything into a zerg. Housing half Made, keeps without siege, half Made, PVP Is bye bye unless wardec or arranged fights. Idk these dudes have poop in their head, its like they don't think it through. Just forcing people to multiclient instead of making a world that shouldn't force u to do and be one thing at a time for capitalizing dog ass small pieces of content they make shit grindy af, and Henrik was even justifying u dont get to reset clades, get the fuck out dude, dog ass judgement for implementing shit.