Put every single blue town (guardzone) into an instance.

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
Lets be realistic. It is very unlikely these server problems will ever get fixed because it is unfeasible to fix it. Billion dollar companies have not pulled off this many people on a single server, with anywhere near the complexity that this games regular play has. Sure there are games out there hitting high numbers of players that are tab target etc. where desync doesn't affect gameplay too much and isn't that noticeable. But in a game where the combat alone cannot have desync to function correctly, it is very unlikely to work.

The only time the server is in a playable state, is when they cap the players at whatever numbers they have been capping it recently, prolly around like 2-4k players.

I propose that we put every single guard zone into an instance, which will take a tremendous load off the global server and result in actual playable gameplay. Guardzones are already pvp-deadzones where going grey is pretty much guaranteed death, so why does it matter if you need to load in and out every time you enter or leave town. I think its a worthy compromise for the performance increase it will bring. It is clear that the blue towns have the highest concentration of players, and having them in their own instances kind of like Haven, will actually make the Myrland continent playable.

No need to remove PvP from the town either, just put it in an instance and the horse griefers can do their thing like usual .... or remove that aswell and stop new players from getting griefed by making the blue towns complete no-pvp zones.

Forecore

Apr 18, 2021
Like this suggestion and logical choice. Other option is open more servers. Disable owning house/castle/etc in these clone servers and use those for this initial flood gate. Eventually when population will stabilize and queue system improves, merge those clone server into main ones.

Reactions: Calcal

Hooves

Nov 30, 2020
They should have done this from the getgo. I’ve never understood the resistance to a few instanced zones.

Does it seriously enhance anyones gameplay experience? It seems like one of those unneeded features that people cherish for the “immersion” but are detrimental to game design. Akin to implementing a QWOP-like movement system where you control each of your character’s legs independently. Is it realistic? Sure, but at what cost?

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Maybe like MK/Tin because they actually have entryways, but perhaps you are just realizing this is how it be. What about when thievery is in the game? When they hit the instance they are home free? What about people who wanna shoot arrows in/out of city? It does offer a bit of immersion. BDO has a big world, and yea it's not tab target, but it's pseudo tab target. Still, there is nowhere near the level of lag. They have some level of 'hiding', I think, when you are far away. Just needs a lot better infrastructure. Even siege lvl battles in BDO are lagfests w/ everyone on min min settings.

I would support instancing large areas, but then I remember how much grief even the sardu bridge caused us, so it's tough. At the end of the day, whatever they are doing or have done IS WRONG. I dunno how to get it working with a lot of people, but it was fun playing with about 1k. I honestly do not think there is an answer to make the game run well and keep the level of immersion with as many people as want to play, unless they just make multiple servers w/ caps of like 2k people or w/e.

And if I had to choose between multiple servers and instanced towns, I would take servers all day. Dudes don't remember horses riding thru bakti and ganking people? haha. If they did make towns instanced, it would change the game dramatically. I am not saying it would be better or worse, but I dunno if you understand how dramatic the change would be by how you are speaking.

Reactions: Raknor

Sain

Jan 29, 2022
Lets be realistic. It is very unlikely these server problems will ever get fixed because it is unfeasible to fix it. Billion dollar companies have not pulled off this many people on a single server, with anywhere near the complexity that this games regular play has. Sure there are games out there hitting high numbers of players that are tab target etc. where desync doesn't affect gameplay too much and isn't that noticeable. But in a game where the combat alone cannot have desync to function correctly, it is very unlikely to work.

@Henrik Nyström That was your grievous mistake. Unknowingly believing you solved something everyone is after. #optimism bias of the beginner. 🧂

Last edited:
Reactions: Hooves

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
Maybe like MK/Tin because they actually have entryways, but perhaps you are just realizing this is how it be. What about when thievery is in the game? When they hit the instance they are home free? What about people who wanna shoot arrows in/out of city? It does offer a bit of immersion. BDO has a big world, and yea it's not tab target, but it's pseudo tab target. Still, there is nowhere near the level of lag. They have some level of 'hiding', I think, when you are far away. Just needs a lot better infrastructure. Even siege lvl battles in BDO are lagfests w/ everyone on min min settings.

I would support instancing large areas, but then I remember how much grief even the sardu bridge caused us, so it's tough. At the end of the day, whatever they are doing or have done IS WRONG. I dunno how to get it working with a lot of people, but it was fun playing with about 1k. I honestly do not think there is an answer to make the game run well and keep the level of immersion with as many people as want to play, unless they just make multiple servers w/ caps of like 2k people or w/e.

And if I had to choose between multiple servers and instanced towns, I would take servers all day. Dudes don't remember horses riding thru bakti and ganking people? haha. If they did make towns instanced, it would change the game dramatically. I am not saying it would be better or worse, but I dunno if you understand how dramatic the change would be by how you are speaking.
Immersive game play. Sometimes the que goes up and sometimes it goes down.

What if I wanted to grief a town? Who cares dude shit sounds to petty as fuck.

Towns should be pvp disabled anyways with how many players pout about their horses dying anyways. People wanted a hardcore game, but they all deny wardecs. Viknus lost a wardec to 2 people like.... Do we think this is acceptable as is in all reality?

You people aren't hardcore pvpers sounds like we just got some scared pussy MAs that like to grief horses. Personally, I could care less if they instanced towns. I think its best for the game anyways.

Forecore

Apr 18, 2021
They game sold 120K copies. This is one of those pivotal moment to capture the momentum.

Kavu

Jun 21, 2020
USA
It's tough, because so much of Mortal's historic selling points and design philosophy is based around unreasonable stuff like this. Mortal isnt a game with instances, its not a game with safe zones, and changing that makes it less Mortal Online... one server, one instance, one history yada yada has been in the games DNA forever. Any change would be a departure with a huge ripple effect.

But also, thats absolutely a good thing.

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
It's tough, because so much of Mortal's historic selling points and design philosophy is based around unreasonable stuff like this. Mortal isnt a game with instances, its not a game with safe zones, and changing that makes it less Mortal Online... one server, one instance, one history yada yada has been in the games DNA forever. Any change would be a departure with a huge ripple effect.

But also, thats absolutely a good thing.

Early MO1 guardzones were practically safezones, sure you could go grey but as soon as someone typed "guards" u would get 1 shot. A mechanic that I still think was miles better than the guards we have today that extend miles past the actual town radius.

Kavu

Jun 21, 2020
USA
Early MO1 guardzones were practically safezones, sure you could go grey but as soon as someone typed "guards" u would get 1 shot. A mechanic that I still think was miles better than the guards we have today that extend miles past the actual town radius.
I didn't play with the new guards, but the old guards we were able to get away with a LOT of shenanigans. Not to mention the options for suicide mages, pickpockets, mounted rushes.. but you know. They were safer zones, but not safe zones.

Still, I remember being chased for a country mile or two out of town by overzealous guards here and there. They couldn't one-shot you, but they sure were annoying, and unless they were a lictor, they weren't worth killing.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Piet

May 28, 2020
I like the idea of guarded towns instanced. Can't really think of a reason not to other than leaving the instance people would spawn camp that spot if it was a specific spot that wasn't also heavily guarded.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Immersive game play. Sometimes the que goes up and sometimes it goes down.

What if I wanted to grief a town? Who cares dude shit sounds to petty as fuck.

Towns should be pvp disabled anyways with how many players pout about their horses dying anyways. People wanted a hardcore game, but they all deny wardecs. Viknus lost a wardec to 2 people like.... Do we think this is acceptable as is in all reality?

You people aren't hardcore pvpers sounds like we just got some scared pussy MAs that like to grief horses. Personally, I could care less if they instanced towns. I think its best for the game anyways.

You know what makes me sad, legit. I know (assume?) you guys are good at the game, but I don't understand why that doesn't translate into an ability to understand advanced concepts, especially consequences of changes. Even multiple instances of Myrland are better than Instances of blue towns. Blue towns have always been open. Why are we Instancing blue towns and not red towns? Do you live in a red town? Do you think that would negatively affect your game play? If so, why don't you think it would negatively affect blue town game play? Because pvp is harder?

I don't want to grief a town. There is thievery, as I said, which requires running out of town. There are towns that you can ride a horse all the way thru. Do you know what 'petty' means? Petty in comparison to what? The queue? The queue is not my fault. You can't go from "I hate the queue" to "let's instance blue towns" and ignore all the downsides of that by looping back around to "the queue."

I said before that we should perhaps think about making blue towns safe zones and outside of the town open pvp, some years ago, and people flipped. This queue is affecting your brain. I'm completely happy w/ instanced Myrlands even if they stay forever. At least the game will be like it used to be, when it was fun.

Guardzones didn't USED to be pvp dead zones. That was SV's choice because they didn't want to hard implement a safe zone, but they basically did. Thievery, as I said, is basically DONE if you instance towns, or you have people running to the barrier. One could argue that it makes more sense to have an instance 'wall' in the middle of nowhere than it does right outside of town. Think of how many people go in and out of town. Not being able to see what's out there when you go out? That's insane. You don't think that's an immersion killer?

Again, MK and Tindrem have true entryways. They could be instanced without losing much. Towns like Bakti, Moh-Ki, Vadda, Duli, not so much. There is a lot going on outside of the town at all times. Even Tox could be instanced due to the ramp blocking off view and it being mostly a 'closed space.'

I just think it's upsetting that you guys want to grief blue players even more, albeit this time without even meaning to. Haha, it's actually more griefy to instance towns than it is to PK people, cuz like I said, LOOKING OUT of town is a big immersion factor. WOW there is a fight outside of town. Otherwise, you gotta ask your friend, hey... how many people are there, what guild, etc. It's dumb. You gotta take the L on that one.

This is legit one of the worst ideas since "remove worn short sword," and I have full faith SV will probably implement it! But as soon as you do that, you have fundamentally changed MO. As you said, most players are in towns, thus you are putting most players in instances, in an open pvp sandbox. Might be good for your ping and pvp where-ever you are trying to have it, but for the whole of the game it's ridiculous nonsense.

I dono if some of your dudes have taken up more serious drugs in the last 10 years, but this is an absolute SMH idea. I'd even call into question whether or not it would truly benefit "you people" in the long run. You people, I guess, being the opposite of "us guyse," who are apparently me and the-like.

Also, to round it up: "Towns should be pvp disabled anyways with how many players pout about their horses dying anyways. People wanted a hardcore game, but they all deny wardecs. Viknus lost a wardec to 2 people like.... Do we think this is acceptable as is in all reality?" What does that have to do with this at all? I actually agree with town wardecs not being in the game. I would accept them if they were less griefy, but instances and war decs, how do they relate?

*I* want a hardcore game because the more hardcore the game is, the more REAL it seems. I don't feel town grief wardecs are hardcore, but I can accept them. *I* believe being able to look out of a city is a HUGE part of town life and immersion. And you're wrong. I'm not a horse griefer. I'm not even the kind of dude who wants to take loot off people. I want a game that is like a world, and what you are proposing is cutting the majority of the players off from the world, as you said. That does not seem like a smart idea to me. But do you, throw some money @ devs, you might get it to happen. I'm def looking back toward when I thought MO was fun, and I hope we can get there again. Steps like this, though, are not the answer. The might help the people who want to fight in the wild, and that's definitely a big plus, but you have to look at what you are taking away.

If you have to get out a piece of paper and write "pros" and "cons" on it, do it. It's just not a good idea, and I'm surprised to hear it suggested and accepted, but, again, "you guys" are prol the ones who are gonna stay and pump money into the game, as it goes awry, so just keep suggesting it, keep donating, see what happens.

Reactions: Kavu
Jan 28, 2022
I don't think all towns need to be or should be instanced, but towns should be modified to ensure 1 town would become the clear capitol of Myrland - most of trade should be centered there, maybe the only auction house (or whatever it was called here) should be in that 1 town. Or maybe you could be allowed to post more sales from that one town. And that capitol city should be instanced. And resources and PvE activities should be scattered away from that town, so people would visit the area but would have to travel further from it to actually play the main PvE / PvP part of the game. Some parts of map should completely lack certain resources, so you can't do everything in one area.

- Easier to instance just one city
- Keeps the rest of the game world more immersive
- When different areas have different functions, player base is spread more evenly across the map - less server load, more server capacity
- In my eyes, it creates more realism and immersion, when you travel to trade in a larger city just like in medieval times.

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
You know what makes me sad, legit. I know (assume?) you guys are good at the game, but I don't understand why that doesn't translate into an ability to understand advanced concepts, especially consequences of changes. Even multiple instances of Myrland are better than Instances of blue towns. Blue towns have always been open. Why are we Instancing blue towns and not red towns? Do you live in a red town? Do you think that would negatively affect your game play? If so, why don't you think it would negatively affect blue town game play? Because pvp is harder?

I don't want to grief a town. There is thievery, as I said, which requires running out of town. There are towns that you can ride a horse all the way thru. Do you know what 'petty' means? Petty in comparison to what? The queue? The queue is not my fault. You can't go from "I hate the queue" to "let's instance blue towns" and ignore all the downsides of that by looping back around to "the queue."

I said before that we should perhaps think about making blue towns safe zones and outside of the town open pvp, some years ago, and people flipped. This queue is affecting your brain. I'm completely happy w/ instanced Myrlands even if they stay forever. At least the game will be like it used to be, when it was fun.

Guardzones didn't USED to be pvp dead zones. That was SV's choice because they didn't want to hard implement a safe zone, but they basically did. Thievery, as I said, is basically DONE if you instance towns, or you have people running to the barrier. One could argue that it makes more sense to have an instance 'wall' in the middle of nowhere than it does right outside of town. Think of how many people go in and out of town. Not being able to see what's out there when you go out? That's insane. You don't think that's an immersion killer?

Again, MK and Tindrem have true entryways. They could be instanced without losing much. Towns like Bakti, Moh-Ki, Vadda, Duli, not so much. There is a lot going on outside of the town at all times. Even Tox could be instanced due to the ramp blocking off view and it being mostly a 'closed space.'

I just think it's upsetting that you guys want to grief blue players even more, albeit this time without even meaning to. Haha, it's actually more griefy to instance towns than it is to PK people, cuz like I said, LOOKING OUT of town is a big immersion factor. WOW there is a fight outside of town. Otherwise, you gotta ask your friend, hey... how many people are there, what guild, etc. It's dumb. You gotta take the L on that one.

This is legit one of the worst ideas since "remove worn short sword," and I have full faith SV will probably implement it! But as soon as you do that, you have fundamentally changed MO. As you said, most players are in towns, thus you are putting most players in instances, in an open pvp sandbox. Might be good for your ping and pvp where-ever you are trying to have it, but for the whole of the game it's ridiculous nonsense.

I dono if some of your dudes have taken up more serious drugs in the last 10 years, but this is an absolute SMH idea. I'd even call into question whether or not it would truly benefit "you people" in the long run. You people, I guess, being the opposite of "us guyse," who are apparently me and the-like.

Also, to round it up: "Towns should be pvp disabled anyways with how many players pout about their horses dying anyways. People wanted a hardcore game, but they all deny wardecs. Viknus lost a wardec to 2 people like.... Do we think this is acceptable as is in all reality?" What does that have to do with this at all? I actually agree with town wardecs not being in the game. I would accept them if they were less griefy, but instances and war decs, how do they relate?

*I* want a hardcore game because the more hardcore the game is, the more REAL it seems. I don't feel town grief wardecs are hardcore, but I can accept them. *I* believe being able to look out of a city is a HUGE part of town life and immersion. And you're wrong. I'm not a horse griefer. I'm not even the kind of dude who wants to take loot off people. I want a game that is like a world, and what you are proposing is cutting the majority of the players off from the world, as you said. That does not seem like a smart idea to me. But do you, throw some money @ devs, you might get it to happen. I'm def looking back toward when I thought MO was fun, and I hope we can get there again. Steps like this, though, are not the answer. The might help the people who want to fight in the wild, and that's definitely a big plus, but you have to look at what you are taking away.

If you have to get out a piece of paper and write "pros" and "cons" on it, do it. It's just not a good idea, and I'm surprised to hear it suggested and accepted, but, again, "you guys" are prol the ones who are gonna stay and pump money into the game, as it goes awry, so just keep suggesting it, keep donating, see what happens.

At the end of the day its not my money and reputation on the line it's SV. I thought it was a business, and I guess I could be wrong here.

If people didn't want breathers every once in a while, Albion wouldn't be a thing. Yet, it's the most successful full loot pvp game there is currently on the market lol. You get so upset, yet the evidence is there, isn't it? Seems like it would probably solve a lot of issues with the server tho.

All I'm saying is the select few that supported MO1 wasn't enough now was it. If this was the case there wouldn't be a need for an MO2.

Looking like Henrik will fail yet again, but who am I. I'm just simply analyzing from history.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
At the end of the day its not my money and reputation on the line it's SV. I thought it was a business, and I guess I could be wrong here.

If people didn't want breathers every once in a while, Albion wouldn't be a thing. Yet, it's the most successful full loot pvp game there is currently on the market lol. You get so upset, yet the evidence is there, isn't it? Seems like it would probably solve a lot of issues with the server tho.

All I'm saying is the select few that supported MO1 wasn't enough now was it. If this was the case there wouldn't be a need for an MO2.

Looking like Henrik will fail yet again, but who am I. I'm just simply analyzing from history.

I'm not upset, really. That's just my writing tone. It's lost a lot of my friends. Haha, people like so ur a writer let me see your writing... then they're like wow... we can't be friends anymore. I definitely do feel passionately about this subject because I feel like the main issue is not 'grief pvp' in blue towns, but the fact that you are instancing so that people cannot look out of towns. As a towns person who would spend a lot of time going from market to tables back to market, etc, cooking w/e. I gotta say being able to see what is going on outside is important, especially if it requires my attention. If people are getting hard fucked outside in pvp, I might stop what I'm doing and try to help. Not that I am some good pvper, but I still would try (that's assuming I got down with the townspeople, but I dunno what town I 'flag' per se, anymore. It's Bakti, but I dunno if I am down to defend them. I'd have to see what guilds are running it. Some of them can just get theirs as far as I'm concerned.)

SV is indeed bleeding money and rep. I'm just saying this is not the answer. It hurts my brain to think about being in an instance and being locked out of the world. Sure, people run in and out of the GZ, people shoot in and out of the GZ, but when the game is bustling, there is a lot going on right outside of the GZ... people getting ganked at the crusher, etc. It's nice to be able to see that, to know what's going on.

As I said, it was posted by OP (I think?) that the majority of people are in blue towns, so while it seems like it's good for ping, you're actually sealing off the majority of the player base as well. Some people are afk at bank, true, but there are a lot more people running around in town, at least from my mortal online experience, running back and forth buying things, selling things, same stuff I'm doing. And those people want to be aware of what is going on outside of the town, cuz often times in 1, people would come and just sit closely outside of the town and kill everyone until people came out to pvp, until they were eventually defeated. Nothing WRONG with that, it's their playstyle and it helps everyone get practice (altho I will forever be salted how many times I went grey and died to nub friendlies haha), what you guys suggest will make that impossible.

Again, I know you've been to Tindrem and MK. Both are HUGE areas with multiple layers, and they each have entryways long enough to create an instance. There isn't a lot of 'looking out and seeing what's going on' there, you can stand in the entryway and look out, or stand at the top of the stairs in MK from the back. I support instancing those, and this has nothing to do with safe zones, either, because I also agree people need safe zones. It was Mo1 crowd who didn't want safe zones, but once they put thievery back in, it'll be hard to justify that as well.

My PoV was always give people safe zones then open the map up for open pvp. I dunno why Albion is the most successful game, but it never interested me. I'm not tryin' to play what looks like open world leeg of legends.

MO is a different beast and should not be measured against other 'successful games.' I think Haven is trash, it's already been farmed effectively from day1, it's served its purpose as a pvpfree instance leading into the main world. It was added, likely, because gold flags were used to transport mats and before that people were rage quitting because they got blue blocked at pigs trying to make tutorial armor. The whole MO1 game was very low pop, especially during steam. The steam people came in, but the core pop of MO was meh. The pop level of this game is much higher, that's why I wonder if they might actually be able to mount a defense force for new players and not need all of these guard rail mechanics. That is my unrelated, unrequested POV on safe zones.

Still, you have to trust me in saying that instancing blue towns would really destroy the immersive nature of the game. Imagine a house with no windows. What is it? More of a prison, ey? As I said, I'd take 100 shards before I'd take instanced blue towns. That is further against the vision than even multiple servers (imo at least.)

Also, I hope Henrik doesn't fail. I hope he's ready to put his vision on the line and make this game successful cuz he has one thing he never had before: people wanting to play.

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
I'm not upset, really. That's just my writing tone. It's lost a lot of my friends. Haha, people like so ur a writer let me see your writing... then they're like wow... we can't be friends anymore. I definitely do feel passionately about this subject because I feel like the main issue is not 'grief pvp' in blue towns, but the fact that you are instancing so that people cannot look out of towns. As a towns person who would spend a lot of time going from market to tables back to market, etc, cooking w/e. I gotta say being able to see what is going on outside is important, especially if it requires my attention. If people are getting hard fucked outside in pvp, I might stop what I'm doing and try to help. Not that I am some good pvper, but I still would try (that's assuming I got down with the townspeople, but I dunno what town I 'flag' per se, anymore. It's Bakti, but I dunno if I am down to defend them. I'd have to see what guilds are running it. Some of them can just get theirs as far as I'm concerned.)

SV is indeed bleeding money and rep. I'm just saying this is not the answer. It hurts my brain to think about being in an instance and being locked out of the world. Sure, people run in and out of the GZ, people shoot in and out of the GZ, but when the game is bustling, there is a lot going on right outside of the GZ... people getting ganked at the crusher, etc. It's nice to be able to see that, to know what's going on.

As I said, it was posted by OP (I think?) that the majority of people are in blue towns, so while it seems like it's good for ping, you're actually sealing off the majority of the player base as well. Some people are afk at bank, true, but there are a lot more people running around in town, at least from my mortal online experience, running back and forth buying things, selling things, same stuff I'm doing. And those people want to be aware of what is going on outside of the town, cuz often times in 1, people would come and just sit closely outside of the town and kill everyone until people came out to pvp, until they were eventually defeated. Nothing WRONG with that, it's their playstyle and it helps everyone get practice (altho I will forever be salted how many times I went grey and died to nub friendlies haha), what you guys suggest will make that impossible.

Again, I know you've been to Tindrem and MK. Both are HUGE areas with multiple layers, and they each have entryways long enough to create an instance. There isn't a lot of 'looking out and seeing what's going on' there, you can stand in the entryway and look out, or stand at the top of the stairs in MK from the back. I support instancing those, and this has nothing to do with safe zones, either, because I also agree people need safe zones. It was Mo1 crowd who didn't want safe zones, but once they put thievery back in, it'll be hard to justify that as well.

My PoV was always give people safe zones then open the map up for open pvp. I dunno why Albion is the most successful game, but it never interested me. I'm not tryin' to play what looks like open world leeg of legends.

MO is a different beast and should not be measured against other 'successful games.' I think Haven is trash, it's already been farmed effectively from day1, it's served its purpose as a pvpfree instance leading into the main world. It was added, likely, because gold flags were used to transport mats and before that people were rage quitting because they got blue blocked at pigs trying to make tutorial armor. The whole MO1 game was very low pop, especially during steam. The steam people came in, but the core pop of MO was meh. The pop level of this game is much higher, that's why I wonder if they might actually be able to mount a defense force for new players and not need all of these guard rail mechanics. That is my unrelated, unrequested POV on safe zones.

Still, you have to trust me in saying that instancing blue towns would really destroy the immersive nature of the game. Imagine a house with no windows. What is it? More of a prison, ey? As I said, I'd take 100 shards before I'd take instanced blue towns. That is further against the vision than even multiple servers (imo at least.)

Also, I hope Henrik doesn't fail. I hope he's ready to put his vision on the line and make this game successful cuz he has one thing he never had before: people wanting to play.
creating multiple servers of what feels like a dead world is equally as bad

Reactions: ThaBadMan

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
creating multiple servers of what feels like a dead world is equally as bad

It feels like a dead world because it is. Multiple servers will allow more 'life' in the world. The people who were meant to fill the world cannot fit in the world, thus, there need to be more static things. The game needs to be rebuilt for 2000-3000 player worlds. There's no way around that. I don't disagree with you except that you are forgetting one thing: instancing blue towns won't make the world less dead. It might give you guys less lag while you pvp out in the dead world, but outside of that...

I assume that SV can continue to pull in players and that it has a bunch of players just waiting to come in, who hopefully enjoy the game. If they don't, if everyone quits quickly, then we can go back to the one world vision. Win win IMO.

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
It feels like a dead world because it is. Multiple servers will allow more 'life' in the world. The people who were meant to fill the world cannot fit in the world, thus, there need to be more static things. The game needs to be rebuilt for 2000-3000 player worlds. There's no way around that. I don't disagree with you except that you are forgetting one thing: instancing blue towns won't make the world less dead. It might give you guys less lag while you pvp out in the dead world, but outside of that...

I assume that SV can continue to pull in players and that it has a bunch of players just waiting to come in, who hopefully enjoy the game. If they don't, if everyone quits quickly, then we can go back to the one world vision. Win win IMO.
no it feels dead, because henrik thought he could support 100k players. the map can hold about 2k players.... SOO YEAH the map is bigger than mo1 lol cmon now use that noggin. half of the people sit afk in towns and dont contribute to much of the travelling going on. you're just being really delusional here lol.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
no it feels dead, because henrik thought he could support 100k players. the map can hold about 2k players.... SOO YEAH the map is bigger than mo1 lol cmon now use that noggin. half of the people sit afk in towns and dont contribute to much of the travelling going on. you're just being really delusional here lol.

I dunno, man. If you think that will allow them to hold more players, what will you do when people leave the town instances at inopportune times and crash the server? It's not a problem that can be so easily fixed. It would be nice if it was.

Edit: or are you saying that people should have to queue in and out of towns? That would maybe work, but it'd be really lame for an open world game. If they didn't have to, people could effectively ddos the server when things weren't going their way just by telling people to leave towns.