Prepatch Trinkets

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
Hey, I would love to know what sv is doing with the pre patch trinkets?
Will they be a rare thing people got?
Is it fair that these trinkets even exist?
Would love to hear what you guys think about it.
Peace
Banespike

iiell

Jan 27, 2022
Peace
Banespike

Henrik confirmed today on his Stream that the stats will remain unchanged, but the tier will be upgraded to fit the +skill or stat bonuses. This means cuprum and silver trinkets will be upgraded to Gold, Skadite, or Ohgmium in the near future. In other words, charge them while it is cheap.

Calcal

Dec 11, 2021
Peace
Banespike
which patch is that? Did they nerf trinkets?

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
Henrik confirmed today on his Stream that the stats will remain unchanged, but the tier will be upgraded to fit the +skill or stat bonuses. This means cuprum and silver trinkets will be upgraded to Gold, Skadite, or Ohgmium in the near future. In other words, charge them while it is cheap.

sounds fair

iiell

Jan 27, 2022
All trinkets after the patch are basically garbage. +5 swords. Oh cool, worthless.

Yep. 99.9% of cuprum and silver trinkets are not even worth the recharge cost. I don't know how they think +1-9 to a primary is anything worthwhile. Rings may still be useful for the Str, Dex, Phy and Int bonuses, but the tier 1 and 2 amulets are basically trash.

Reactions: Xunila

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
So basically when you played early after the patch you got world-boss trinkets from non-boss NPC's and you can keep them?
🤯
It’s still a thing. People got +50 primary rolls on lowest tier trinkets and now they are 1-10.
It’s a huge advantage for build building and cheap to refill if you grabbed a few intime.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Yep. 99.9% of cuprum and silver trinkets are not even worth the recharge cost. I don't know how they think +1-9 to a primary is anything worthwhile. Rings may still be useful for the Str, Dex, Phy and Int bonuses, but the tier 1 and 2 amulets are basically trash.

The trinket system is more or less the same as in MO1, and in MO1 99% of all trinkets had been trash. Higher tier trinkets had been used by crafters, who stored them in the city bank and just equipped them for crafting. Only very few players paid some hundred gold for charging a higher tier trinket and went into the wildness.

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
Now I understand why , sometimes ago, people buy unidentified cuprum trinkets for 100 150 golds. 😁

iiell

Jan 27, 2022
The trinket system is more or less the same as in MO1, and in MO1 99% of all trinkets had been trash. Higher tier trinkets had been used by crafters, who stored them in the city bank and just equipped them for crafting. Only very few players paid some hundred gold for charging a higher tier trinket and went into the wildness.

And they had a chance to change that in MO2...

Reactions: Jatix and Xunila

Branjolf

May 22, 2021
I think its a poor choice to not bump down these pre patch trinekts to current level. But then again, they only temporarily ban exploiters and dont even remove their items.

Reactions: Teknique
D

Deleted member 44

All the good trinkets locked behind zerg-content
You realistically don't need that many to access areas like the minotaur dungeon, but I will agree that it is currently impossible. Koto and their alliance have no shit 100+ people in there 24/7 farming.

Goldman301

May 6, 2022
Currently only a trivial status increase.
And Trinket Luck seems to affect Loot, but what is Skill Trinket luck?

Vaith

May 28, 2020
People with prepatch Luck trinkets are getting pretty good loot

D

Deleted member 44

Currently only a trivial status increase.
And Trinket Luck seems to affect Loot, but what is Skill Trinket luck?
Bro what? Skadite rings are +16 stats. Amulets allow Veelas to wear Tung merc plate. I could go on about "marginal" increase.