Plz implement Dye tubs and Tabard before TC. Only parts of the armor should be able to be colored like in the posted pictures, to see the material

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Battles with many players will happen more often with the TC patch and we need mechanics to keep the players apart. First we need a tuggle option like criminal actions that we can put on a hotkey and let us show non-alliance players with an imaginary tabard, display them lighter or darker, or with banner on their backs so we can tell friends and enemies apart.

Such a feature could certainly be developed faster than all the various custom tabards, dye tubs etc and it needs a quick fix before TC or shortly after.

But now to the outfits for later patches and character customization

Partially painting armors would still allow players to identify the material of the armor.

maxresdefault.jpg

The ability to create guild crests would be useful to keep the guilds apart.

Tabards with a simple plaid could offer many variations just by changing the color scheme to better tell guilds apart. SV should consider adding half tabards and jupons first, as they only cover the upper body and don't flap around in the wind. That would cost less performance for the animations.

We need this fast, so don´t recommend adding full tabards and rather rush the chest tabards ! Jupons are worn under the armor.

0001102_knight-tabard-short-leather_550.jpeg

201418ctsstqy887bbt9mu__15964.jpg

Of course, the player has to somehow recognize what kind of armor is underneath a tabard and what material it is made of. Unlike Jupons they are worn above the armor

leyndell_knight_set.jpg

Country-specific engravings would also be cool. So that you can see whether it is a German, Spanish, English guild, etc.
On the other hand, this could be immersion breaking, since the players in MO2 are citizens of "nave" !

H3dd0e08114d344168f4e30cf7b7f075aJ.jpg

Attachments

• leyndell_knight_set.png
    leyndell_knight_set.png
    402.7 KB · Views: 19
  • large-knight-armor-painted-ink-hands-full-growth-large-knight-armor-painted-ink-hands-full-191...jpg
    large-knight-armor-painted-ink-hands-full-growth-large-knight-armor-painted-ink-hands-full-191...jpg
    508 KB · Views: 19
  • Vf1d9Np07ckvmGToTuRQv4egHQMIHbYfVa_fmNdT4kk.jpg
    Vf1d9Np07ckvmGToTuRQv4egHQMIHbYfVa_fmNdT4kk.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I would like to know how important the rest of the community thinks character sustomizations are. What do you think SV should add next? On my priority list are tabards, more dungeons+ expansions of existing dungeons, TC, world events to relieve them, tressure hunting and gamle/board games like chess and cubepoker.

I don´t think SV spuld prioritize speacial weapon attacks, more magic schools throwing weapons, veteran system and so on.

These are nice features, but if the number of players is to be increased from 1500 to 5000 and the teamfights should be fun, the optimization of the character models, mechanics that allow you to distinguish friends from enemies, more dungeons and world events would be much more important over anything else.

Teamfights with 300 players can be very chaotic.
The server performance has been optimized so that they work well, but you can hardly distinguish the opponents from the friends and if you then mess around with low FPS it makes everything even more complicated. Especially for new players.

I am hyped for elementalism but world events and TC would have been much more important, so we get a big fight going every 3-4 h. We need more endgame content and reasons to fight are endgame content ! Events that trigger PVP, so that we have reasons to use out cool skills and Magigschools more often.

Last edited:

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
They could easily just add different hued banners from the existing brown one to carry on your back as a bandaid for actual tabbards. It's not rocket science to figure that out after your first group fight.

But that would require someone at SV to actually play their own game, which simply does not happen. I am 100% sure about that since no way in hell would a dev play through this janky UI if they did. It'd get changed first monday back on the job.

Aegis301

Sep 14, 2021
Tabbards/armor color needs to be high priority. Group fights, without TC, are a mess...imagine later, if the work is not put in now .

Markel

Feb 8, 2022
They can make it simple by making tabards that automatically display the color corresponding to: guild / alliance / neutral / war / criminal. The main reasson is cuz there are to many guilds and it will be hard to not take the same color of some of ur enemies.

Reactions: Anabolic Man

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
They can make it simple by making tabards that automatically display the color corresponding to: guild / alliance / neutral / war / criminal. The main reasson is cuz there are to many guilds and it will be hard to not take the same color of some of ur enemies.
We need an option that projects a green tabert on all alliance members even if they don't have one, to make them easier to spot in group fights.

Reactions: Markel

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
I liked the personalized guild capes in MO1. Those were cool and should definitely be brought back.

Tabards are okey but not nearly as useful as it sounds. They had different colour tabards but nobody would use them. Too easy for enemy guilds to quickly put on the same colour tabards you have just to troll you and create confusion. People rely on the green guild name tags anyways.

Guild custom capes and banners would be my choice.

And large hanging banners for keeps( customizable of course) that hang from the ramparts, especially by the gate. So the guild owning the keep can display its sigil and colours. Right now all keeps look exactly the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anabolic Man

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I liked the personalized guild capes in MO1. Those were cool and should definitely be brought back.

Tabards are okey but not nearly as useful as it sounds. They had different colour tabards but nobody would use them. Too easy for enemy guilds to quickly put on the same colour tabards you have just to troll you and create confusion. People rely on the green guild name tags anyways.

Guild custom capes and banners would be my choice.

And large hanging banners for keeps( customizable of course) that hang from the ramparts, especially by the gate. So the guild owning the keep can display its sigil and colours. Right now all keeps look exactly the same.

"Too easy for enemy guilds to quickly put on the same colour tabards you have just to troll you and create confusion."
I see a problem with that too.

Therefore there should be an option that projects the guild tabards in the alliance colors onto the allied players, even if they don't wear a tabard.

Domtomsen

Feb 26, 2022
A guild Tabard should always be in your guilds colors. With no instant way to change that.
Releasing TC without guild tabards is just torture to all players.

Reactions: CherryKush

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
Yeah just tie the tabard colors to the guild tag. Guild master creates the guild colors. That way there is no fast way to create "false colors" to create confusion on the battle field.