Please give us server cap number so we can stop trying to log in.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
been trying for hours again to log in. Steam charts said there were 5004 players on at one point this morning. Still cant get in. This means the server is capped at even lower than 5k players. What is the number? 4k? 3k?

can we please get an official server cap number from SV so we can stop wasting our lives trying to log in when that number is reached?

Seriously, any information at this point besides “just be patiente, we are working on it”. Youve been “working on it” for a quarter of my life.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2022
Actually the official Mortal Online website still proudly states that "Mortal Online 2 is designed to support an Infinite number of players". I guess the trick here is to understand that 1k is just as close to infinity as 100k is. :LOL:

EDIT: And yes, I do understand they are talking about scalability through additional server nodes. Don't get your panties twisted.

Reactions: beares

Cyrotek

Feb 1, 2022
I doubt this is a server cap issue.

If I had to guess I say the login server gets timed out by people trying to connect to nodes that are way too overpopulated and thus not allowing anyone to connect till it is back again for like a second before it gets timed out again. In this case it would be pure luck if you get in based on where your character is, your connection speed and, well, luck.

Jan 28, 2022
Google got my search business for that one:
... and Google only finds that exact phrase right here in this thread.

Can you please provide a link?

The Khan

Dec 21, 2021
I think another option they should consider at this point is a daily playtime per account allowance.

like maybe 4 hours per account, or some such. (or the maximum that adjusts the playerbase towards everybody getting some play time)

lg123

Jan 25, 2022
I think another option they should consider at this point is a daily playtime per account allowance.

like maybe 4 hours per account, or some such. (or the maximum that adjusts the playerbase towards everybody getting some play time)

If they have to start considering anything close to this, they'd better just bring the whole thing down and use their free grant money to pay for more server capacity.

The Khan

Dec 21, 2021
If they have to start considering anything close to this, they'd better just bring the whole thing down and use their free grant money to pay for more server capacity.

there are hard limits on how much the server capacity can expand.

there is a hard limit on how many players a single node can handle -- this boils down to an aggregate between a few factors (server hardware, "physical" space in the world, etc)

once those limits are approached, the *only* remaining option is to ration that space / server resources (by either dividing the playtime, as I suggested, or by hard locking certain players completely out of the game)

the remaining option is to duplicate the world, and instance myrland into enough copies to meet demand

in any case, it makes no sense to me to balk at rationed playtime when most people are still spending 5+ hours per day in queue

lg123

Jan 25, 2022
there are hard limits on how much the server capacity can expand.

there is a hard limit on how many players a single node can handle -- this boils down to an aggregate between a few factors (server hardware, "physical" space in the world, etc)

once those limits are approached, the *only* remaining option is to ration that space / server resources (by either dividing the playtime, as I suggested, or by hard locking certain players completely out of the game)

the remaining option is to duplicate the world, and instance myrland into enough copies to meet demand

So in other words, they can't just up the hardware to solve the issue; the design of the game is forcing their hand to deal with too many people in too small of areas?

The Khan

Dec 21, 2021
So in other words, they can't just up the hardware to solve the issue; the design of the game is forcing their hand to deal with too many people in too small of areas?

without knowing the details of the problem, it's impossible for me (or anybody without those details) to say

it's plausible that they are *not* at the limits of that capacity, and that the issues are merely technical, and related to the queuing/log in system

all I'm saying is that such a limit *does* exist, and providing an alternative idea if in fact that are hitting that limit.

lg123

Jan 25, 2022
without knowing the details of the problem, it's impossible for me (or anybody without those details) to say

it's plausible that they are *not* at the limits of that capacity, and that the issues are merely technical, and related to the queuing/log in system

Perhaps.

I can say for certain that once you're past the queue and you're in Toxai, the game is virtually unplayable due to lag and the town was nearly empty. Taking anything out of the bank took around 2 minutes to even register.

I suppose the real discussion is whether they'll fix the underlying issues before enough people leave to solve the issue for them.