Please dont ruin the logout system

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I may hate it when it comes out but I actually like the sound of the proposed system.

There will be areas in the world where it is quick and easy to log out. When there is little time to dedicate to the game then players can always stay close to such areas.

Those that want to venture away from such areas though should be prepared for the risks that come with doing so. Whether that be having the means to make a camp, having the time to make it to another safe log out location, or excepting the chance of death if they find themselves having to be afk in an unsafe place.

Also if players are eventually able to create inns themselves then there will be more and more places to safely log out at over time.

Again, I may hate it when it comes out. But I am more than willing to give it a chance before passing judgement.

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
They're not doing this mechanic because it's something they thought would be fun tho, it's to keep grimy players from doing instalogging crap, or diving into water and crashing client kind of junk, and to keep people from logcamping lucrative spots in dungeons etc.

So the problem will be just how annoying is it to deal with on a daily basis for everyone else just to achieve that goal of preventing instalogging in all forms. but we don't know that because we haven't interacted with it yet...so just wait and then give feedback and they'll change it until it's tolerable.

I'm more cynical than most concerning SV ideas and abilities, but I'm not really worried about this one.

Lmao, ill take a kid crashing his client to try and logout before he gets killed over having to fucking run for an extra 30 minutes just so I can log out which is one of the most basic fking mechanics in an MMO. Remember what we hated about MO1? Yeah the useless dogshit mechanics that added nothing to the game and just made it more tedious.... just like this shit change that's coming.

Sorry am I missing something? Are we suddenly playing rust now or?? Why would you ever think this is a good change to add.

Reactions: Rorry

Aesorn

Sep 15, 2020
People agreeing with this post must be all the people who log out every 5 minutes as a entire guild avoiding pvp and only logging in when their ghost scout finds a miner by himself..... Regardless, point is the current logout system is heavily abused and annoying as crap and ruins tons of potential fights because if they don't think they have a huge chance to win a fight a entire guild will log out within 20 seconds before any engagement can happen. Of course there will also be annoying issues with the new system im sure, but literally anything is better then the current situation. Even just MO1 where it took 60 seconds when not in a town would be better but still that was not great either. It won't ever be like survival games where your body stays ingame 24/7 so just relax....

Last edited:
Reactions: Fakejade

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
People agreeing with this post must be all the people who log out every 5 minutes as a entire guild avoiding pvp and only logging in when their ghost scout finds a miner by himself..... Regardless, point is the current logout system is heavily abused and annoying as crap and ruins tons of potential fights because if they don't think they have a huge chance to win a fight a entire guild will log out within 20 seconds before any engagement can happen. Of course there will also be annoying issues with the new system im sure, but literally anything is better then the current situation. Even just MO1 where it took 60 seconds when not in a town would be better but still that was not great either. It won't ever be like survival games where your body stays ingame 24/7 so just relax....
That's exactly what they are intending, for your "sleeper " to stay in game when you log out, unless you travel to an inn in town. Or possibly not if you construct some sort of camp in the wilderness, but they haven't released many details on what that will actually do.

[AF]Tyrone

Dec 17, 2020
This is needed and I'm happy its coming in. Killed a guy at a risar camp who had found a bugged spot to log in a naked alt to loot a chest. I hope they add restrictions on where you can place these logout campfires. Easiest 8k grainsteel of my life.

Logout tactics are lame shit tier gameplay. Kudos to Henrik for trying to solve it.

Aesorn

Sep 15, 2020
That's exactly what they are intending, for your "sleeper " to stay in game when you log out, unless you travel to an inn in town. Or possibly not if you construct some sort of camp in the wilderness, but they haven't released many details on what that will actually do.

They are not intending for your "Sleeper" to stay ingame forever 24/7 until you log back in... There will be a time-limit, like 5 minutes or so... Henrik has made this pretty clear multiple times.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Being new I didnt think there was much of a issue with the current system untill reading peoples post here.
I do say that I want some kindof protection when I log back in.

If people see a campfire then they know that someone logged out there, Some people will camp the camp.

Maybe a solution to this is that the log in players log in as a ghost with a limited distance they can move to look for threats before there real body logs back in. Along with like 3-5 seconds of invulnerability for those of us who's PCs will take some time to load up the game.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
They are not intending for your "Sleeper" to stay ingame forever 24/7 until you log back in... There will be a time-limit, like 5 minutes or so... Henrik has made this pretty clear multiple times.
That's new info, I guess. They are very bad about saying different things over time.