Should spiritism nerf be rollback?

• Yes

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • No

Votes: 20 52.6%

• Total voters

volk

Feb 24, 2022
To those who didn't know, sipiritists could enter in Ether world and see living players from there if they have the skills and spells. With recent patch, SV removed from the Transcendental Awareness skill the ability to see the living from the Ether. By doing that they removed one aspect of the end-game of the class and made it less strategic. The justification was that there were no risk, although another spiritist could ban the scout and the "reward" was not guaranteed since if he/she sees enemies that does not mean his/her friends would win the PvP, so the risk vs reward philosophy does not apply to this mechanic.

Also by just removing this ability there is collateral damage to the game like killing the reasons to do Sator Dungeon, since you can farm sators around the world and the main reason for killing the boss was to make a scout spiritist, now there is none.

Imho the scout mechanic was not hurting the game and it didn't need any adjustment at all, but even so, the way it was done did more damage to the game then the mechanic itself by just killing the objective of some players to become scouts, the fun behind it and making a huge and hard dungeon useless. A huge game loop was made with that mechanic as its solid foundation wich now does not exist anymore. This change is a typical case when philosophy comes first than fun, which is a mistake imo.

I'm not a spiritist and bc of that I can recognize the damage this change done. The fact of being spied by a ghost was a huge fun factor and I didn't bother at all with that. Please, reconsider that change... or just remove Sator Dungeon too.

Andii

Sep 30, 2022
for me they even try to balance the skil...
if was a problem on the skill make mechanic more dificult or less range, less time, try to counterplay the spirititis but not kill the school...
now i'm a bot that farm flux alone and play like a ecu mage....

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
i would rather like to see a necro or spiritist aoe spell that allow you to hide from a spiritist, if you know that one is following you. like a circle on the floor that make everyone inside invis for spirits for the next 40 seconds or so or a non aoe spell that least longer, so he at least can´t tell the correct number of enemies and their guild tag. Maybe he should only see players but not names

Calcal

Dec 11, 2021
The issue is, it's easier for SV to kill the school than to fix it, so that's what they've done. They don't give 2 shits about the players, only about the "future" players.

Reactions: Jasa and Andii

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
The issue is, it's easier for SV to kill the school than to fix it, so that's what they've done. They don't give 2 shits about the players, only about the "future" players.

imo spirit boxes should not drop on death, so you can get killed and revive yourself behind the enemy and use the laser to shoot them but with the possebility to banish a spirit from the living world with a spell and transcendencal awareness on. So that the fight is not over if you die and that you can revive yourself after being killed, till you get banished. Maybe a paralize spell only for ghosts that is hard to hit + (close range) and the ability to shoot a laser Spell at him to banish him if he is paralized, which you can cast from living world. The spiritist should be a comebck character and not a spy imo

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
I don't play spritiism currently but I completely agree. We had this skill all the years in MO1 and I don't remember complaining players. All guilds used it.

Zoups

Jun 11, 2021
The nerf hits hard, now spiritism is only a flux farm bot, and resurrection machine.

The previous system was too strong for scouting and nobody could stop you.

The best way would have been to give players tools to fight back those spiritsm scouts rather than nerfing the fun part of this magic school.

Reactions: RaptorBlackz

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
The nerf hits hard, now spiritism is only a flux farm bot, and resurrection machine.

The previous system was too strong for scouting and nobody could stop you.

The best way would have been to give players tools to fight back those spiritsm scouts rather than nerfing the fun part of this magic school.

maybe even a spell that let spawn a spirit 100 % of the time, that can only be casted by a living person ? If 5 players cast it at once the spiritist is most likly to get banished. (just an idea)

Footwork

Dec 9, 2021
Wow more Transcendental Awareness crying. Probably the same people who couldn't win split screen games without screen watching.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
shit had 2 go

edit: also @Robmo please suggest Henrik consider making it so that one cannot communicate from the ether world, either. Or did they take that out? It not only allows you to spy and listen, but it allows you to talk shit after people kill you, and that's not really fair. lol.

Ghuton

Mar 26, 2021
Brasil
Wow more Transcendental Awareness crying. Probably the same people who couldn't win split screen games without screen watching.
But if you're so good, why are you crying from the "cry"? Being that good, it should be irrelevant to you, shouldn't it?

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
But if you're so good, why are you crying from the "cry"? Being that good, it should be irrelevant to you, shouldn't it?

LOGIC.

I need a meme gif that instead of the starry rainbow 'the more you know,' it needs to just say LOGIC. Would get tons of use on this forum.

lord_yoshi

Oct 3, 2020
I'd say it was handled poorly, rather than removing a dynamic part like ghost scouting entirely, just add counters in a way that makes sense. SV should:
  • Change Expel Spirit to a target spell that actually expels spirits rather than making it a buff that lets you zap spirits away. A living player that targets a player spirit instantly banishes it.
  • Make it so that losing all your kau in spirit form makes you also move very slowly until it recovers, like a spirit mercy mode, so that you can target spirits with the above spell.
Ghost scouts still exist and living players can counter them. Easy to code too since you have all the code written already.

Reactions: volk

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Spiritism ruined pvp and made dungeons just death traps of people zerging you down due to scouting. Good riddance its gone.

I still have spiritism on my build because its good but now Im not having to go ghost scout instead of play.

They didnt nerf it enough can still see pets.

seriousSam

Sep 15, 2022
I still don't understand the problem with this spell. If you don't want to be scouted by a spiritist, put your spiritist at the entrance to the dungeon to banish those who want to scout. if your spiritist is weak, be prepared to fight with the guild members of a stronger spiritist

volk

Feb 24, 2022
I'd say it was handled poorly, rather than removing a dynamic part like ghost scouting entirely, just add counters in a way that makes sense. SV should:
  • Change Expel Spirit to a target spell that actually expels spirits rather than making it a buff that lets you zap spirits away. A living player that targets a player spirit instantly banishes it.
  • Make it so that losing all your kau in spirit form makes you also move very slowly until it recovers, like a spirit mercy mode, so that you can target spirits with the above spell.
Ghost scouts still exist and living players can counter them. Easy to code too since you have all the code written already.
I agree with you. They could nerf it by making the spirit unable to move while he is seeing the living and also could be banishable by the living. There were many alternatives, but they just removed it. Anyway...

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I still don't understand the problem with this spell. If you don't want to be scouted by a spiritist, put your spiritist at the entrance to the dungeon to banish those who want to scout. if your spiritist is weak, be prepared to fight with the guild members of a stronger spiritist
IDK if you are trolling but you cant banish other spiritist. You either have no experience or are not being honest. At least SV realized how cancer it was and finally fixed the game.