Patch Notes 1.0.5.4 Discussion

What do you think of this patch?

• Total voters

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
My thoughts on points of interest is that they should be a hotspot, somewhere people want to go to do something. Not a go to look at it once. I have nothing against people who like to do that. but from a gameplay aspect places need to do more and have more replayability.

gloria victis has the little villages you can capture. It would be cool if there were ways to control a place to get rewards. Then people could fight over them.

Agreed. And I think they really can be both. Though I dont think players should be able to claim them.

Examples are the Camps in the game. They are something that exploring players will find and they have utility.

Though players can not directly take control of them.

The different POI could have varying usefulness (less than the camps).

Say the fishing village like POI has a fishing vendor.

This gives players the ability to buy fishing gear to fish there or other places.

And also gives players a place to sell items.

Pretty limited but still something that could bring players with gold and/or items to it at times.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
My thoughts on points of interest is that they should be a hotspot, somewhere people want to go to do something. Not a go to look at it once. I have nothing against people who like to do that. but from a gameplay aspect places need to do more and have more replayability.
Not a single soul has said that places that will be looked at have to be otherwise useless. Don't create false dichotomies, plskthx.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
lol I heard before they named it The Scream, they were thinking The Heimlich but the dates didn't match up right.
Utter nonsense.

It's taken straight from this:

Figure on cliffside walkway holding head with hands

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
brick bridge, def sounds mighty. Maybe even twice mighty.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Not a single soul has said that places that will be looked at have to be otherwise useless. Don't create false dichotomies, plskthx.
I'm not saying they have to be useless. It just seems like in this game they are, which is poorly done on SV's part when these places could be much more. But I could be mistaken I havent been to the new places they just added.

Reactions: Amadman

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
seems like in this game they are, which is poorly done on SV's part when these places could be much more.
On that I can agree.

It's like they didn't think of them early enough (maybe not at all until some players suggested them?), then had to put in the shells of them with minimal content to hold their places, then... we all wait a while for more content. The fact that these places seem like placeholders for what they 'could' be might at least cause a bit less irritation & thus negative attention if they'd been dotted around the world to begin with.

There will probably be more additions to the game — assuming it survives — that irk players the same way be not being ready to use to the full when they first appear. No-one likes it.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
There will probably be more additions to the game — assuming it survives — that irk players the same way be not being ready to use to the full when they first appear. No-one likes it.
The whole game is turning out to look like this. Just wait till they turn on the subs. Oh boy.

Reactions: Jatix

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I'm changing my vote to average. I like that they are trying to change things, and I like that they did a few things that weird mad weird (like the action box popping up behind other windows.)

I'd say it's an average patch for patch quality, or a 'good' SV patch. Still, obviously, shit is in disarray, but that's how it is when you change things. I hope it doesn't go the way of swing speed, horse speed, etc... and they can continue to balance instead of just reverting everything.