Patch Notes 1.0.10.15 Discussion

What do you think of this patch?

• Total voters

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Source: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1170950/view/3650760784123014605

Added
  • Added sewers to the city of Morin Khur.
  • Added new graveyards in Toxai and Mohki.
  • Added several new point of interest locations to the world.
  • Players should now automatically be unstuck if they try to move while being stuck in the ground.
  • Poor game performance like low frame rate or loading stalls no longer affects the ping detection for getting kicked as it is now handled on a separate thread.

Changes
  • Bounty contracts now cost 1g to be more accessible.
  • Human clade gift 'Warcry' now reduces magic damage taken by 15%, and grants a 100% chance to resist spells during its effect.
  • Human clade gift 'Cleric' now also raises the minimum mana regeneration rate to 20%, up from 10%.
  • Human clade gift 'Opportunist' is now replaced by 'Versatile' which grants +50 action skill points.
  • Some Human clade gifts have been re-arranged.
  • Psyche now affects damage reduced from AI spells and chance to resist them.
  • Clade gifts now affect the damage of AI spells.
  • Player trinket defenses now work against AOE spells.
  • Player clade gifts now work against AOE spells.
  • Fixed AI spellcasting message spell being all lowercase.
  • Added the ability to recharge trinkets using the combine skill. Note that you can only reroll by using the dedicated NPC.
  • Improve AI pathing so that characters are less likely to take shortcuts through walls when making sharp turns around corners.
  • Character movement physics should no longer affect you if you are standing still in idle unless someone is doing an action against you. You could previously get pushed aside or even end up on top of an AI if for example a guard on patrol walked into you.
  • Moving close and bumping into other characters should now be less sticky.
  • Fall damage when landing on other characters has been reintroduced with a new method. Previous method was disabled as the player could get launched into the air at random by the other character.
  • Increased the volume on the Clothos Boss’ sound effects.
  • Human clade gift 'Cleric' now also reduces the overall mana regeneration penalty from wearing armor.

Fixes
  • Tentative fix for the long standing issue where players traveling across server nodes would sometimes leave a “ghost” behind.
  • Pets no longer revert to their adult form when reaching level 125.
  • Defensive stance no longer works against AI casting spells
  • Improvements to the way items can be manipulated.
  • You can no longer craft potions with a full inventory.
  • You no longer get movement skill gains such as swimming when mounted.
  • Fixed bug where trying to jump with low stamina would only drain the stamina but not allow you to jump. Stamina will only drain if you manage to jump now.
  • Fixed issue with teleport to priest where characters would not load in at the new location until after the loading screen closed.
  • Fixed issue with teleport to priest where player location was accidentally set half-way into the ground using ground location instead of player center. This sometimes caused players to get stuck in the ground.
  • Fixed issue where the gathering animation for picking fruit would misdetect the branches of some trees as a blocking object and cause the screen to fade to black.
  • Fixed Water Lizards dropping the wrong type of meat.
  • Fixed Water Lizard meat giving the wrong team of effect when consumed.
  • Fixed being able to build player owned houses inside of Ironwood trees.
  • Fixed the Work Desk housing decoration appearing as the wrong decoration after being placed.
  • Fixed various environment art issues.

Known Issues
  • Human characters may need to reset their clades in order to get the full effects of the new clade gifts.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
So the human clade changes are good finally.

The pet fix was also good.

The new MK sewers.. great looking, a bit dark but good. And spoiler.. skimming book added finally.

The rest of the patch is pretty ok. Not great but not horrible. I gave it a good, but I am borderline on average with it. The addition of graveyards in Toxai and Mohki is nice, but why werent they there at the start?

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
Mohki and Toxai really needed those graveyards hope in next one we will get graveyard in Hyllspenia
MK sewers guess is ok if you like picking a fight with Omerta

On the other hand the clades are great :cool: , well reacently i reroled as a Human so thats why.

Overall I Voted Good

PS: Hope SV wont brake the game in the next patch with Beastmastery

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Humans have to reset their clades for it to work.... Wtf?...

I'm voting good because of 'good effort,' but I am pretty sure this isn't gonna affect me cuz I don't have it specced yet on either (cleric or opportunistic,) but if I do, I'm gonna write a GM. No reason we should take 10% loss. It should be a free reset regardless. But overall, good try SV, but it wasn't it. It was good, it will be good... but it wasn't it. A step, tho, can't hate.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
Humans have to reset their clades for it to work.... Wtf?...
In any normal MMO this would come with a free respec. Especially since they are performing changes that should've been settled in beta already. Such large changes to clades. and a lot of them still not doing anything, just confirms this is still beta.

Reactions: Xunila

manure

May 7, 2022
The question here is : Why adding Graveyards SO DAMN CLOSE to towns ? Why in the nine hells ???
Have you seen Moh Ki,s graveyard ? Its like 2 steps away from the guard zone.

If the Devs idea is to give safe ways to make money, why not making the graveyard INSIDE town, just like the ridiculous example of Meduli ?
Absolutely no risk.
Are you telling me that there are Newbies learning how to play in MOH KI ??? Defenseless players around MohKi ??
Come on....
What comes next ? Are you gonna make the Hermit Hut a guarded area to protect players too ?
Jesus...

Another bad thing : Why do you have to reset the Clades, losing 10% of the experience, to make it work properly ?
Im not even Human in this game but I feel bad for them on this...

Cant give this patch a "GOOD" rating. Sorry, it goes to AVERAGE...

D

Dracu

In any normal MMO this would come with a free respec. Especially since they are performing changes that should've been settled in beta already. Such large changes to clades. and a lot of them still not doing anything, just confirms this is still beta.
tbh... every major clade rework should come with a time limited free race change, not just a free respec.
But yeah, SV gives this game the beta treatment... this is not a released game thats anywhere near to a full game

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
The question here is : Why adding Graveyards SO DAMN CLOSE to towns ? Why in the nine hells ???
And the graveyard of Toxai is more or less INSIDE town. When coming down the ramp you have to pass the first guards to reach the graveyard. But it is away from guard range, compared to Meduli where guards are placed around half of the graveyard. Much easier to go to Toxai graveyard compared to Morin Khur.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021

If the Devs idea is to give safe ways to make money, why not making the graveyard INSIDE town, just like the ridiculous example of Meduli ?
Absolutely no risk.
Are you telling me that there are Newbies learning how to play in MOH KI ??? Defenseless players around MohKi ??
Come on....
What comes next ? Are you gonna make the Hermit Hut a guarded area to protect players too ?
Jesus...

Another bad thing : Why do you have to reset the Clades, losing 10% of the experience, to make it work properly ?
Im not even Human in this game but I feel bad for them on this...

Cant give this patch a "GOOD" rating. Sorry, it goes to AVERAGE...
How is it any different than Meduli’s graveyard? That one even has guards inside it sometimes….

Patch is meh…good to see humans getting a bit of love, but the rest is nothing write home about.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Voting bad because they changed clades but didn't give free clade reroll, so people effected are just shit out of luck. You cant just go and change shit related to ones character without giving free rerolls. If I cant get my friend to log in to test if his clades still actually work, and they dont, hes never logging in again.

Any and all character changes, clades, stats, etc, should come with a free full race reroll including clade xp. Its unacceptable to not. People make specific builds based on specific stats, which can just get changed at any point and the player is just left screwed.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
Voting bad because they changed clades but didn't give free clade reroll, so people effected are just shit out of luck. You cant just go and change shit related to ones character without giving free rerolls. If I cant get my friend to log in to test if his clades still actually work, and they dont, hes never logging in again.

Any and all character changes, clades, stats, etc, should come with a free full race reroll including clade xp. Its unacceptable to not. People make specific builds based on specific stats, which can just get changed at any point and the player is just left screwed.
SV doesn't give a damn about the existing playerbase, that is why we aren't getting free respec.

It's all about duping new players into paying the box price thinking it's a complete game and not an open beta.

Reactions: Doom and Gloom

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
We need 1 more human patch. Completely arbitrary. Neither of them were great, but at least one more!

I'm still 100% asking for that free respec ifwhen I need it. There's no leg for them to stand on in saying no. ESP considering we know they can reset it or we could reset it without losing any exp in beta, so it's possible. You can't change something... I mean, you aren't even supposed to change something and not offer a respec, however, if you change something and say "ur prol gonn have to respec before it works" then your shit should be popped open the first time you log in, fully ready to respec. Duh.

Reactions: Jatix

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
So, I got more thoughts on HUMAN CLADES. I think they took away my ability to @Henrik Nyström oh shit! It's back. I only do it like once every 3 months. HEED.

I provide you with a SS of the updated human clade tree:

LOOK AT IT. I understand their desire to put shaman somewhere, but why is it there? If anything, they should put versatile as the main thing and let stuff offshoot from there. It makes almost TOO MUCH SENSE. Then you have THE RIDING BRANCH (still mad at those weather gifts!!), the shaman/mental buff branch (tho I think they should be distributed elsewhere cuz those are good buffs and they are kind of locked away. Could always take the thief gift and the engineering gift and swap them under shamanistic.) Put the buffs on the other side, then you have a whole section you don't need to spec if you don't wanna be mounted! Isn't that just... WAI?

Edit: oo oo and also make it so that mental power gives you mana or something when you clear out debuffs!

Attachments

• momo.jpg
    momo.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

ZenWit

Jan 3, 2022
The human clade gift change should have been quick draw. Humans need something unique.

I think the 50 skill points was needed. The Oghmir getting 202 extra skill points (Beer belly & free armor weight & axes), and humans only getting about 100 undermines the human versatile narrative.

The hybrid nature of humans really needs quick draw to stand out in a unique way. Maybe a 50% increase weapon swaps.

Furthermore, they need to fix the attribute pools for kallard and khurite. The juice is not worth the squeeze. After a deeper analysis of the human sub clades, the kallards and Khurites have much to high max psy, and it's why their attribute pools are so low. Compare with the Sidoian and you will see what I mean. It's sad because there is zero builds that allow for a psy using kallard or khurite.

wyqydsyq

Dec 17, 2021
We need 1 more human patch. Completely arbitrary. Neither of them were great, but at least one more!

I'm still 100% asking for that free respec ifwhen I need it. There's no leg for them to stand on in saying no. ESP considering we know they can reset it or we could reset it without losing any exp in beta, so it's possible. You can't change something... I mean, you aren't even supposed to change something and not offer a respec, however, if you change something and say "ur prol gonn have to respec before it works" then your shit should be popped open the first time you log in, fully ready to respec. Duh.
Yeah I was actually really surprised that they didn't just give a free respec like they did when rearranging clades in beta. FWIW though I already had cleric and versatile slots unlocked on my paladin and both seem to be working just fine without a respec.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
The human clade gift change should have been quick draw. Humans need something unique.

The hybrid nature of humans really needs quick draw to stand out in a unique way. Maybe a 50% increase weapon swaps.
Apparently it "takes too much dev time". What a joke.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Apparently it "takes too much dev time". What a joke.

the thing is that they could make humans OP. Humans are functionally OK in some ways. They CAN be a pvp build, they are just gonna be slightly worse at it. haha. Other races have their unique thing, and they tried to give human the hybrid thing. It's just now starting to take shape. The buff was a good buff. The tree is wrong tho imo. Still, if you mess around and give someone 50% wep swap, you can completely imbalance the game. Also, if they have the ability to increase wep swap 50% (they don't like you said loool) they should raw DO IT NOW for EVERYONE. Then fix human. The better you make magic, the better you make human, because they are meant to be a magic oriented character, an ecumenical one at least. They also need more points to get more mana and arguably better caps to make better use of magic. Then THEY GOOD.

The game has drifted into magic land. Having innate magical aptitude is a unique advantage. I am kinda salty cuz I don't want that to be our (speaking as my humans) unique thing, but if that's it... ok. They just have to flesh it out even more. They should get way more attribute points, not talking about +1, +2 shit, but like 40 raw, then a few caps. I think it would work out really well.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

I think the 50 skill points was needed. The Oghmir getting 202 extra skill points (Beer belly & free armor weight & axes), and humans only getting about 100 undermines the human versatile narrative.

Furthermore, they need to fix the attribute pools for kallard and khurite. The juice is not worth the squeeze. After a deeper analysis of the human sub clades, the kallards and Khurites have much to high max psy, and it's why their attribute pools are so low. Compare with the Sidoian and you will see what I mean. It's sad because there is zero builds that allow for a psy using kallard or khurite.

Humans get more than 100 skill points.
I did the math a while ago when I first started a crusade to get humans buffed. Humans get just about 275+ skill points from clade gifts alone.

EXCLUDING Pilfering and Engineering, you have +10 to all lores, which is 110 skill points and HUGE for crafters. +50 Profession skills. +15 in all mounted skills (Controlled riding, Mounted Archery, Mounted Magic, Mounted Combat). +20 Ecuminical magic skill. And then +25 to combat maneuvering and +10 Anatomy.

This does not include attribute bonuses from the additional attribute points.

NOW with that said I do still feel that Khurite are severely lacking when it comes to attribute points. They should be on par with Kallard or Sidioan as far as total points.