Patch Notes 1.0.0.9 Discussion

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Source: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1170950/view/3115930424441694830

Added
  • Added confirm buttons to leaving & disbanding guild.
  • Added new gatherable resources to Myrland
  • Added a few more roaming bandits on Haven

Changes
  • Rebuilt the queue system to be more reliable and informative. You can now see your position and an estimate of the time you will have to wait. The new system also keeps connections alive in a better way. Part of this change made the “logging in” sequence longer but just let it do its thing and you should correctly connect. You also keep your spot in the queue for much longer now. If the game crashes while you are in the middle of the queue you now have 10 minutes to login to keep your spot.
  • Added 2 more nodes to help balance the players better in the world. This makes it so that we can take in a lot more players.
  • Improve load balance that decides when the server queue should start. This should make it so that the server only starts a queue when it needs to, leading to more players on the server.
  • Improved the startup sequence for the server to make sure that it has fully started before starting the startup queue.
  • Myrland queue message is now shown as a popup that you need to confirm in the haven city selection UI.
  • Increased some fishes strength
  • Lowered some fish values
  • Updated taming and domination messages to make them a bit more clear

Fixes
  • Multiple crash fixes in the UI.
  • Fixed issue where clicking the vertical border of the window would be detected as a drag input causing the user not to be able to stop dragging the window.
  • Fixed the correct vendor value on Clothos animal parts.
  • Fixed house doors and keep gates playing the opening animation incorrectly while loading in.
  • Fixed being unable to upgrade your house in certain rare instances.
  • Fixed decoration mode not activating while standing on top of furniture inside a house.
  • Fixed instant respawners in Myrland.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

xtort

Jan 30, 2022
In queue for the last 7 hours. My queue position and estimated time seems to be randomly changed. Have seen myself at position 2 and 3xxx.

It increased for a couple of hours instead of decreasing. The queue seems to be picking people not from the queue but randomly.

Now: Your place in queue is 221, estimated wait is 7 minutes.

Edit: There must be a constraint in the algorithm of not picking me when my time comes. Weird. I am a computer engineer myself and the programmers should look at this algorithm and remove any such limiting constraints. This queue algorithm is not a difficult design, I don't know why they suffer so much. It's simple FIFO - First In First Out. Algorithms 101. Probably each node has it's own queue and that's why.

Last edited:

xtort

Jan 30, 2022
Your place in queue is 193, estimated wait is 769 minutes.
1 min later
Your place in queue is 197, estimated wait is 781 minutes.
1 min later
Your place in queue is 206, estimated wait is 796 minutes.

Who are these mfcking VIPs getting in queue ahead of me lol ???

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
The queue is bullshit again. I've been queued for several hours. People in my discord have gotten in within 30 minutes.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Your place in queue is 193, estimated wait is 769 minutes.
1 min later
Your place in queue is 197, estimated wait is 781 minutes.
1 min later
Your place in queue is 206, estimated wait is 796 minutes.

Who are these mfcking VIPs getting in queue ahead of me lol ???
If I speculate anything, it's that it takes time for such a large (very large?) queue to fully tabulate an accurate number. I might even say I'd seen the same thing years ago in another queue for another game.

But when it stops shifting, you might have a useful number.

Reactions: Tloluvin

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Not much improvement from before, I click log in and it says position in queue is 117 with an estimated wait time of 7 minutes.

It quickly drops down to position 19 and 1 minute wait, and it sits there for a minute or so, and then it starts going up slowly.

Half an hour later, I've gone up to position 133 with an estimated wait time of 330 minutes. That's over 5 hours!

Is this some sort of joke?

Update: After almost an hour since my initial login, my position has gone down to 21 but now it is going back up again. There is no longer an estimated wait time being displayed as well.

I don't think I have time to keep waiting it out like this, seems like SV has a long way to go before people like me will be able to get a chance to play.

Last edited:
Reactions: Najwalaylah

lg123

Jan 25, 2022
Not much improvement from before, I click log in and it says position in queue is 117 with an estimated wait time of 7 minutes.

It quickly drops down to position 19 and 1 minute wait, and it sits there for a minute or so, and then it starts going up slowly.

Half an hour later, I've gone up to position 133 with an estimated wait time of 330 minutes. That's over 5 hours!

Is this some sort of joke?

Same for me. Got down to 20s something and it just now keeps slowly rising.

The lack of transparency regarding the actual capacity that the servers have and how dysfunctional a simple queue system is suggesting to just walk from the game for 2-3 weeks.

Even after having been lucky to connect, the lag made simple actions take minutes to perform.

The demonstrable fact is that the game is completely unplayable in the current state.