Patch Notes 0.0.0.97 Discussion

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Source: https://mortalonline2.com/forums/threads/patch-notes-0-0-0-97.702/

Added:
  • Added two new daggers.
  • Added new emotes (use command `/emote` in local chat to list them)
  • Added a cloud of dust when arrows hit ground/objects.
  • Added so fired arrows spawns on other clients as well.
  • Added second moon.
  • Added Oghmirs as playable race.
  • Added Springboks to forest areas.
  • Added woodcutting.
  • Added mining.
  • Added extraction devices.
  • Added skinning system.
  • Added refining system.
  • Added support for fleeing AI.
  • Added banks to all cities.
  • Added Khurite forest biome.
  • Added the cities Vadda, Bakti and Moh-ki.

Changes:
  • Adjusted mouse and keyboard input. (making input more responsive and smooth on some systems)
  • Adjusted bow "reload" so that players can charge the next arrow as soon as it appears.
  • Adjusted female idle pose.
  • Clients now synchronize game clock once every minute.
  • Clients now re-attempt to synchronize game clock if response time is bad after login.
  • Disabled cloth physics on cape and banner in first person to avoid having the cloth enter the player view.
  • Made player on-death dissolve effect cheaper.
  • Added logout and exit transition screen fade.
  • Some emotes and actions have been updated / polished.
  • Emotes and skills now properly exit their states with an animation. (still some polish to do)
  • All hairstyle physics have been polished.
  • Changed so that arrows that hit players and other entities now has a shorter lifespan.
  • Update light intensity at night.
  • Updated dissolve effect, seam removed.
  • You now regain stamina when standing still in water.
  • Resting will now show the total time until you are fully healed.
  • Resting now ends if you give input.

Fixes:
  • Fixed issue where game clock synchronization would not interpolate properly and some players would be way off time for quite some time (resulting in invisible swings and other issues)
  • Fixed issue in click-drag input that would not register direction properly if user clicked without dragging far enough.
  • Fixed issue where players would be in a static running pose when logging in.
  • Fixed issue where character ears would stick out through helmet after resurrect.
  • Fixed issue where character proportions would change after resurrect.
  • Fixed issue where character would not stand on ground after resurrect.
  • Fixed issue where breast physics would stop after resurrect.
  • Fixed transition from thrust to left swing after hitting an enemy with Sword and Shield.
  • Fixed hitch in Axe2H idle - Fixed weather related crash.
  • Fixed logout and exit game crashes.
  • Archery combat should now drain stamina correctly while holding a charge.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause the arrow to gain extra damage if held longer after reaching full charge.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the torch fire to stay after the torch was unequipped.
  • Using goto priest or home button now waits until everything is loaded before fading out.
  • Fixed a node crash.
  • Fixed login issue that would leave the login server in a bad state for 30 sec.
  • NPC's now resurrect.
  • Fixed issue on the server that would limit traffic in a really bad way.
  • Fixed rare client crash.
  • Fixed a couple of collision issues when dead.

Known Issues:
  • Ai is still work in progress.
  • Not all resources can be mined or woodcut yet.
  • Material skill gains from extraction not fully working.
  • Some materials are missing icons.

Remember to Sign up for our Beta stress test!

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
I see they have introduced a refining oven, so I guess no more refining at the bank. It has 3 slots still, I think. I didn't take any closer look than that.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Straight fire patch. I might be able to log in at night now. wont log in until tonight but lots of good stuff in here. Idk what the bow stam fix is but I will probobly like it. bow refire bug fixed. added new towns, new core game essentials. Great patch. I expect some bugs with the new stuff but thats fine, they will get worked out.

I'm really hype tho for visable resources. I want people to see that I'm wearing platescale with a steel weapon when I drop them in tung. I really hope visable resources looks good though, and isnt like the newer o1 armors where tons of parts didnt change based on what they were made of.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Finally more stuff to do in MO2! Until now I spent most time to explore world and dungeons and tried a little bit to use weapons. I don't care about 1vs1 fights and never did this in MO1. But now the PvE stuff is coming into the game.

jantarmuska

Oct 26, 2020
For me is game in this state untestable. I can play something about 5-10 minutes and then game crash or log me out... ://

Vakirauta

May 28, 2020
Poland
If you are receiving message that acc is still loged in then this might help

jantarmuska

Oct 26, 2020
If you are receiving message that acc is still loged in then this might help

We tried manulay boot, but it doesnt help. Its some bug and anyone doesnt know here is problem exactly. But still, thank you!

• Sad
Reactions: Vakirauta

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
We tried manulay boot, but it doesnt help. Its some bug and anyone doesnt know here is problem exactly. But still, thank you!
Does this mean a GM is helping you and they don't know what is wrong? If not, contact a GM on the MO discord via direct message.

Marrech

Nov 18, 2020
However in my opinion it still sucks enough as AI, for various reasons.
1) Often they try to climb mountains reaching a slope that they cannot overcome and start turning in circles, and it seems absurd to me, to solve such a thing a well-set NavMesh is probably enough
2) The escape is currently a "look for a random point X away in the opposite direction of the arrow", but this point X is too close, with the result that every 10 steps the spring stops and runs in a potential opposite direction, and this I think is an attempt to avoid point number 1, the closer the point is, the higher the probability that the point in question is reachable.
3) It happened to me several times to get on him, even in front of them and they remained still for 5 seconds, also here, is in a good use of the sensors, but I think they do it to save tick operations on the server maybe

I hope for improvements in future patches

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Added banks to all cities.

Where are they? I have not seen a banker NPC yet in Moh Ki, Bakti and Vada. And there are no chests or something else to open in the buildings with bank sign.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
In Vadda they are bugged into the second floor, but you have to be a midget character to jump over the counter to get to the stairs.

Reactions: Amadman