Patch 0.0.0.23 - Community Testing Feedback & Suggestions

Herius

Administrator
May 28, 2020
Doesnt equipment happen on shoulder hits too?

Good input, are there any plans on us testing real weapon stats? Cause i think a good amount of players are unhappy with specific fast weapons atm and fear that even faster weapons will get into the game that might break the combat system we have atm more.
We have already implemented a system to limit and control weapon swing speeds that can be very easily tweaked during the development.

D

Dracu

We have already implemented a system to limit and control weapon swing speeds that can be very easily tweaked during the development.
Thats amazing to hear, but do shoulder hits not count as equipment hit too?
And will we get real weapon stats in the future?

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
I think it´s fair to slow down combat in general a little. According to SV AI will follow the same rules as players, so a deathknight might have stamina.
With slower movement speed it gives players with less awareness a better chance to react. I get that MO2s combat needs to be skillful to a degree, but allowing non-twitchy players to play a role in combat should be a goal as well. It´s all about balancing those extremes.
If fights are to quick they feel more like arcade game instead being immerse in the fantasy world.If they keep it too fast in MO2 I will start using meth:)

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Thats amazing to hear, but do shoulder hits not count as equipment hit too?
And will we get real weapon stats in the future?

As far as I know shoulders were never counted as equipment... Was always an "arm" hit.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
As far as I know shoulders were never counted as equipment... Was always an "arm" hit.

Wait, I thought [Arm] was the same a handle hit, but it´s your literal arm-mesh that collides? I think that should deal damage based on your brawling skill btw. :)

Give us the extremes of the crafting system for testing. YOu don´t have to tell us the materials if it´s part of the rework. But I do think it´s worthwhile testing under real conditions to see if something craftable breaks the system. This is especially true if such a thing "pre-patch" will still exist. Cause once someone found a broken recipes they would just craft tons of it. Which made patching it rather ineffective.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Wait, I thought [Arm] was the same a handle hit, but it´s your literal arm-mesh that collides? I think that should deal damage based on your brawling skill btw. :)

Right... Didn't mean arm like that. I meant the arm hitbox... So ingame it's called left/right limb, no?

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020

Give us the extremes of the crafting system for testing. YOu don´t have to tell us the materials if it´s part of the rework. But I do think it´s worthwhile testing under real conditions to see if something craftable breaks the system. This is especially true if such a thing "pre-patch" will still exist. Cause once someone found a broken recipes they would just craft tons of it. Which made patching it rather ineffective.
I think that testing crafted weapons may be the most important part of pre-release tweaking.If done well it will prevent many rushed nerfs when the server will open.

PatWins

May 28, 2020
That ONLY happens when you hit the weapon and the trace does not hit the player mesh.
I don't see why this would hurt the player?

Talking about weapon balance right now is way to early.
We have a few pre-made weapons and armors, copied from MO1, using these to try and achieve any type of new long term balance is not viable.
Most of these points above are examples of weapons which in MO1 has a good place in the system, and are being used without being "the only choice" or a preferred meta.
The dynamic of combat will be very different when all weapon/armor types and materials are available in crafting.
Thanks Herius! There are definitely conclusions that we draw as players based only off of what we know from an outside perspective. It's great to hear insights from you guys that allow us to better understand where your heads are at. This allows us to provide more reasonable and accurate feedback. If there are any other points you feel would be beneficial to the players going forward we would absolutely love to hear it.

As far as equipment hits go. Doesn't hitting a weapon on a players back negate the damage even if it's a direct hit?

Reactions: Dracu and BleckCat

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
That ONLY happens when you hit the weapon and the trace does not hit the player mesh.
I don't see why this would hurt the player?

Talking about weapon balance right now is way to early.
We have a few pre-made weapons and armors, copied from MO1, using these to try and achieve any type of new long term balance is not viable.
Most of these points above are examples of weapons which in MO1 has a good place in the system, and are being used without being "the only choice" or a preferred meta.
The dynamic of combat will be very different when all weapon/armor types and materials are available in crafting.
Hey Herius,

Your old friend here.

You WILL fix this.

problems:

1. Ping meme, I probably wasn't the only one who was surprised when it was said that high ping players had an advantage in MO 1. Sure there were some weird situations but that's just untrue that the community saw it as a major problem. Whatever you're doing with this swing delay is creating unstoppable statues, maybe don't remove it entirely but either add 100ms on to people with 10 ping or do @Valoran's solution or something for the love of christ. People with 10 ping swinging and parrying simultaneously is far uglier than any spin move.

2. Regular Mouse Block and Keyboard block have no requirement to time correctly just hit right click at any point in the swing animations

3. All physics were removed on weapons, the suggestion was to remove it on COUNTER hits not make it so you can't make mistakes and that someone with 10 ping can charge one right in your face against your counter hit.

4. In Mortal Online you nearly always RAN AWAY from the parry as to not get counter hit. Its been naturally balanced for a decade, turn caps and accel nerfs are a game breaking crutch for a play style that is created by ping meme. It needs no help from development.

5. Just get rid of blocks entirely at this point...360 parry was a negative because you could parry while running in a teamfight. That isn't even remotely proportional to how bad it is without 360 parry.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Rhias

Herius

Administrator
May 28, 2020
Thanks Herius! There are definitely conclusions that we draw as players based only off of what we know from an outside perspective. It's great to hear insights from you guys that allow us to better understand where your heads are at. This allows us to provide more reasonable and accurate feedback. If there are any other points you feel would be beneficial to the players going forward we would absolutely love to hear it.

As far as equipment hits go. Doesn't hitting a weapon on a players back negate the damage even if it's a direct hit?
I were in a bit of a hurry when I wrote my last reply, but I also want to say that I love the dedication and time you all put into testing our game! <3

When it comes to the equipment hit part, you are correct when it comes to hammers and clubs, as there is a bug with them specifically that hinders the trace to continue, that results in equipment hits mitigating all the damage, but if you try it with a sword for example, the swing will register the equipment hit but still continue to do damage to the player.

Reactions: PatWins and Dracu

PatWins

May 28, 2020
I were in a bit of a hurry when I wrote my last reply, but I also want to say that I love the dedication and time you all put into testing our game! <3

When it comes to the equipment hit part, you are correct when it comes to hammers and clubs, as there is a bug with them specifically that hinders the trace to continue, that results in equipment hits mitigating all the damage, but if you try it with a sword for example, the swing will register the equipment hit but still continue to do damage to the player.
Thanks for the response, Herius! Hope all is well.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Im feeling like the stam drain when hit messes up with the heavy weapons. As a person who loves the maul concept. It doesnt play well anymore with the stam drain on hit. Use to have 2 swings before no stam. Now its 1 swing during fights. Would like to see the stam drain happen when purely blocking not just on hit.
( sorry didnt read everyones post just didnt want to make my own on the same topic )

Reactions: PatWins