Over and over and over and over and over and over and over

Barney

Jan 28, 2022
Mage dominator.

Light armour.

All GM skills.

5 minutes to kill a bandit. Seems too long to me and a lot of hard work dodging about. Being PK'd whilst doing it, really sucks.

Finally find a pet to dom. Start nuking it down, and domming...pk'd. Lose horse and stuff.

Ok, so go back, get pet, go to town, get another pet, go to town, start the many hours of training to make it worthwhile.

Go toilet. Get drowned, lose all stuff.

Sit about naked for another hour.

Decide to move a pet to my main town.

Get simple stuff as I have nothing after being pk'd. Ride north. Get pk'd by two MA's.

Complain aboutit on help chat, get told I am a whiner and newbie idiot and that mages are awesome.

Suggest oterhwise: get gm warning that I am off-topic.

Quit game.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Dont AFK, Dont tunnel Vision.

Keep your head on a swivel. Other players are PvEing while keeping on the look out against ganks. Mage is very strong in PvP and is viable but slow in PvE.

Barney

Jan 28, 2022
In UO I was good enough to be solo. Here? Can't even beat a bunch of wolves, Kinda makes me feel like toons are not special and never will be...forever fighting MA's and wolves is just shite for me.

KebekLorde

Jan 27, 2022
It's hopefully gonna get better with time once more magic schools are added. Right now unfortunately, mages are basically a support class who can't do much by themselfs.

Barney

Jan 28, 2022
And my other class, dominator, can't dominate shit...especially solo!

I can't even transfer my house yet.

Loved the game and ideas but this is just not balanced/developed enough yet.

D

Dracu

i could not imagine playing a solo blue mage, that must be one of the worst combos ingame.

Reactions: Barney

Barney

Jan 28, 2022
But, hey, it's ok as I can run about on foot with a dire wolf of about level 38!!!! But seriously, tonight I gave my details to people in guild so they can take my stuff and play.

Constantly being on the receiving end of griefers and pk's that have zero repercussions is just too hardcore for me, and I imagine for them too once they try and play the game constructively like I have.

C3ncio

Feb 5, 2022
Ok, serious answer now, i really want to help you.

First of all, it's very difficult to play a solo mage, even for a veteran of the game. As a new player you are making your life very complicated. There are other builds more suited for solos but, if you really wanna do it:

1. Mounted magery is mandatory. Being able to do damage while mounted allow you to PvE and dominate stuff easily. A fat mage build is a good idea since you will be most of the time mounted and doing more damage/heal will compensate the slower casting times you have while mounted.

2. Wait for new magic schools. Ecumenical is the support school for excellence, is not made to serve a one man army. Necromancy will serve you better. WAY better.

3. You will learn how to not get griefed in town with time but wilderness will always be a hell solo. This game is way more difficult and hardcore than UO, i suggest you to find a like-minded group of people to get some support for important tasks. Having some relax time and/or some success will make things less frustrating.

4. Don't compare MO with UO. They look similar but they are very different and you need to learn everything again from the beginning. Your UO knowledge and skill doesn't work here sadly.

If you need help with a new build or some tips, I'm down to help a fellow UO player

Last edited:
D

Dracu

I think the only way to play mage solo is to do boring busy work like mining, thats enough to get you through with materials/gold and it doesnt matter what combat profession you have. You go 0 risk. if you get ganked pfft who cares, just some rocks lost maybe a shitty horse.

Miner/Extractor is prolly the best solo thing you can go with imo that is not dependent on the class you play.

Chad route:
Get a second character MA that does butchery and armor crafting, you are now completly self sufficient congratz on that you will never have to interact with ppl again.

thats 30€ a month please btw ;)
Honest opinion from my side though, if you dont have fun playing how you like to play the game, dont play the game. Like really, whats the point forcing yourself to adapt a playstyle you dont enjoy? Is that really worth your time? Do something usefull! Work out or something instead. Your future me will thank you.

Reactions: Barney

Barney

Jan 28, 2022
I think the only way to play mage solo is to do boring busy work like mining, thats enough to get you through with materials/gold and it doesnt matter what combat profession you have. You go 0 risk. if you get ganked pfft who cares, just some rocks lost maybe a shitty horse.

Miner/Extractor is prolly the best solo thing you can go with imo that is not dependent on the class you play.

Chad route:
Get a second character MA that does butchery and armor crafting, you are now completly self sufficient congratz on that you will never have to interact with ppl again.

thats 30€ a month please btw ;)
Honest opinion from my side though, if you dont have fun playing how you like to play the game, dont play the game. Like really, whats the point forcing yourself to adapt a playstyle you dont enjoy? Is that really worth your time? Do something usefull! Work out or something instead. Your future me will thank you.

I've quit

Scarletgreen

Mar 14, 2022
Sorry to see you go Barney, will try to grief the griefers for ya.

Hopefully in a few months things start balancing.

MA is not gonna last forever they eventually gonna hit em with the nerf bat. If not, I guess they can expect more of this. Even from some veteran players. nothing more frustrating than imbalance in pvp.

I found this I think you like to tame pets, maybe you find something with this, its a lil dated but sometimes you put a game in search alternates come up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/5c377t
Good luck man, hope you come back one day.

Skol
-Fyns

Barney

Jan 28, 2022
Fanks, but me am gone. If it not MA then it hordes of wolves or tryin to tame/dom stuff and dyin over an over an over. An even if I manage it, some cunts kill em in town or kill me when me go toilet an me drown. Nah, had enough of cunts. Beingendlessly fucked in the ass isn't my thing. I deleted accounts and soon this forum toon too.

D

Deleted member 44

Where is the part about working together with other players?

Alroavin

Sep 5, 2020
My alpha crabs easily kill both bandits and players. Magical Sir, why don't you get yourself a crab?

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
Mage dominator.

Light armour.

All GM skills.

5 minutes to kill a bandit. Seems too long to me and a lot of hard work dodging about. Being PK'd whilst doing it, really sucks.

Finally find a pet to dom. Start nuking it down, and domming...pk'd. Lose horse and stuff.

Ok, so go back, get pet, go to town, get another pet, go to town, start the many hours of training to make it worthwhile.

Go toilet. Get drowned, lose all stuff.

Sit about naked for another hour.

Decide to move a pet to my main town.

Get simple stuff as I have nothing after being pk'd. Ride north. Get pk'd by two MA's.

Complain aboutit on help chat, get told I am a whiner and newbie idiot and that mages are awesome.

Suggest oterhwise: get gm warning that I am off-topic.

Quit game.
More or less It s what everyone experienced in the beginning. My suggestions are to find a guild and practice.

Legion

Feb 1, 2022
Just re roll into MA man you need 300 total points to be viable and can kill everything in the game.....enjoy

If you can't beat them join them its what 90% of the current player base has done.