Old armor crafting is necessary for a stam penalty system like this.

Gronil

Sep 2, 2020
Whether it stays like it is now where every kg matters, or gets changed to a threshold, we need old armor crafting back. If you're going to penalize players for wearing heavy armor, I shouldn't be forced to make the fillers out of steel and other heavy materials. Shoulders, boots, and gloves need to get separated into their own pieces. Even if it's 3 pieces instead of the old 5 by combining both shoulders into 1 piece and both gloves into 1 piece, it would be much better than the system we have now.

The old system just allowed for so much more fine tuning to your armor weight, using lighter materials to make fillers, aesthetic customization, mixing weight classes together for lighter sets, etc. This would especially be nice for mages and hybrids who maybe want to partially use some medium armor and mix it with a lighter set for the armor fillers, or any build that wants to mix heavy with medium armor if they need a lighter set.

I just don't really see a con to having the old system back, it was just better, aside from maybe minor clipping issues but the current system has that already so... I thought they when crafting got added initially, and I still think it now.

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
The way you can make fillers is to not crank the sliders out to the max... the old system made it so you needed 10 pieces of armor as opposed to just 5. That was way too much clutter.

Reactions: Ichorous

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
The way you can make fillers is to not crank the sliders out to the max... the old system made it so you needed 10 pieces of armor as opposed to just 5. That was way too much clutter.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SLIDERS

The sliders system sucks and should have been removed when they dumbed down armor crafting. Making not 100% armor is a waste of material. Lets use messing as an example. 60% messing 100% backing, is almost identical protections to IB. But still weighs 10 more. and cost more. Literally worthless garbage. 60% steel is better than the IB, but its still a waste of steel. Its in between IB and max slider. But still weighs 8 more than the IB and only 4 less than the full steel. And cost exponentially more. sliders is incredibly inefficient stat wise. And for tung, you need to make 90% tung to have the same weight as 100% steel. Which cuts off a chunk of the gain. Which is just a waste of gold. It costs several times as much. Reducing the already not huge gain is garbage.

Better armor shouldn't be worse. And with the current stam penalty system it 100% is. And thats if you can even wear it.

Last edited:

Herius

Administrator
May 28, 2020
Heavy armor stam penalty is almost half with this new system compared to the old system.

And on top of that, the sliders have been tweaked so that lower sliders have less impact on the defence values.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Heavy armor stam penalty is almost half with this new system compared to the old system.

And on top of that, the sliders have been tweaked so that lower sliders have less impact on the defence values.
Thanks for the reply. Gotta love out of date calcs. I dont have enough mats in game to blast them on tests when I think the calc is accurate. I feel like I don't remember reading that sliders got changed in a patch notes. Was this left out? Because if I saw it I would have tried to test it in game before mouthing off on the forums haha...

I would advise that it says reduced material, instead of extra material. Unless its changed into a system where low sliders is most efficient. I've lost count of the times I've looted garbage armor because a new player thought 100% wasnt the standard.

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SLIDERS

The sliders system sucks and should have been removed when they dumbed down armor crafting. Making not 100% armor is a waste of material. Lets use messing as an example. 60% messing 100% backing, is almost identical protections to IB. But still weighs 10 more. and cost more. Literally worthless garbage. 60% steel is better than the IB, but its still a waste of steel. Its in between IB and max slider. But still weighs 8 more than the IB and only 4 less than the full steel. And cost exponentially more. sliders is incredibly inefficient stat wise. And for tung, you need to make 90% tung to have the same weight as 100% steel. Which cuts off a chunk of the gain. Which is just a waste of gold. It costs several times as much. Reducing the already not huge gain is garbage.

Better armor shouldn't be worse. And with the current stam penalty system it 100% is. And thats if you can even wear it.

Thanks for the reply. Gotta love out of date calcs. I dont have enough mats in game to blast them on tests when I think the calc is accurate. I feel like I don't remember reading that sliders got changed in a patch notes. Was this left out? Because if I saw it I would have tried to test it in game before mouthing off on the forums haha...

I would advise that it says reduced material, instead of extra material. Unless its changed into a system where low sliders is most efficient. I've lost count of the times I've looted garbage armor because a new player thought 100% wasnt the standard.
Next time test things before you jump to conclusions and start a rant.

robertbryan

Mar 3, 2022
I am not familiar with armor crafting. However, I have heard people talking about the new way to make them doesn't compare to the old one. I am into shoes, and I would say that the new shoe industry is overhyped. There are a lot of new models that don't look right. I prefer simple sneakers that are comfortable and look decent. No stringent details that look hideous on the shoe. My sister is into streetwear too and often shops from forstepstyle.com. I assume that everyone is different, and we all have diverse opinions on fashion. Perhaps that refers to armors too.

Last edited: