October 2022 - Roadmap Discussion Thread

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
grey stuff prol coming over the next few months, silver stuff, sometime in 2023? Gold... dreaming of U.

I was thinking how I miss the town crier, esp when people would hack the game and make it say wild stuff. :D nah, but that was another big immersive feature. I'm worried about the blue/silver stuff because they made it seem like that stuff was coming soon. I don't THINK IT IS.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Sprint 1 is said to be closing the holiday event. So that gives us a starting point.

The rest are said to basically be the plan for the next patches. Without specific dates.

With 3 weeks between patches that would put release around April of next year.

In a perfect world it could go smoother but with the usual hiccups it could easily go rougher as well.

D

Dracu

I am missing Carts on this roadmap... You know... The thing henrik constantly talked about in alpha before horsebags were in... You know the feature he said needs to be there so boats can get into the game.... Yet he talks about boats and sunken kingdoms every stream... But never talks about the first step....carts.... I slowly believe this whole boat thing..... Is never gonna come cause carts wont exist...

Reactions: Deleted member 44

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Also missing SPECIAL ATTACKS. Unless that's 'more hotbar options.'

SURPRISING? or not.

@ Pet follow they prol mean just making it work better. I wish they had a command to make your pet behave like a springbok and dip if people come close to it, but not go too far away, so you could actually keep your horse when you fight.

Siege and TC being so late hurts. I thought that was supposed to be next patch. I think SV understands a lot of people are gonna quit w/ siege.

D

Deleted member 44

Sprint 1 is said to be closing the holiday event. So that gives us a starting point.

The rest are said to basically be the plan for the next patches. Without specific dates.

With 3 weeks between patches that would put release around April of next year.

In a perfect world it could go smoother but with the usual hiccups it could easily go rougher as well.
Oh wow. It's worst than I thought. I expected sprint 1 to patch November. With this new information they are probably going to have TC added in August of 2023. I would assume SV to take off all of December and January, maybe even February. I hate to say it, but this road map is MO2's death knell.

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
I'm surprised to see Weather System in Sprint 4. I thought SV intended to leave that until after UE5 because the new Unreal Engine handles it so much better. Seems odd to be building the new weather on UE4.

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
Im glad that pet pathing is around the corner and bm comming soon, adding this bow changing made me rerolling in the a cancer build that all hate :) Tammer/Mage

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Oh wow. It's worst than I thought. I expected sprint 1 to patch November. With this new information they are probably going to have TC added in August of 2023. I would assume SV to take off all of December and January, maybe even February. I hate to say it, but this road map is MO2's death knell.
Sprint 1 should patch around Nov 9th. Since that is when I believe the event is supposed to end.

Even if they can do one patch a month after that, TC would be out before the end of March.

Last edited:
Reactions: alabugin