No timer spam

Princey

May 30, 2020
London
www.instagram.com
Can we not have long timers as a major feature in mortal 2 as they was in mortal 1. I found timers to be immersive breaking and lets be honest it created a really boring environment of your character standing around doing nothing which isn't exactly amazing. so if possible play a animation and just allow the process to finish once the animation has finished playing? So for example you want to process 100 coke so you start processing it and it gradually goes down/converted/used as the animation is playing and the process is interrupted once you move a certain distance from the object.

I found extraction and butchery and other professions to be too heavily reliant on timers and I would be more impressed with a mortal online 2 which doesn't have long timers. Cool downs are cool like 10 seconds and stuff but having players watching timers will lessen the experience so if possible more animations and details to create a better experience.

Last edited:

Princey

May 30, 2020
London
www.instagram.com
I updated my feedback and just want to say for example say i was a video creator and wanted to showcase Mortal Online 2 professions. I wouldn't exactly have much to work with if all i have to show is just a bunch of icons and timers. I highly doubt a viewing audience would be impressed.

I think this is a good example of what people meant in the past when SV added unnecessary grind and complexity to systems which didn't add anything to the player experience.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I hope they are able to make it a little more eventful, but i don't think there is going to be one good solution for all types of things.

For things like butchery it would work fine to have it broken down in quick individual steps along with animations.

But changing it where we have to wait on repeating animations and having it stop when we walk away could leave us more locked down on some extractions. For example we do not have to wait around for coke to get extracted. Its kind of like throwing something in the oven. You dont have to wait around for it once you get it going. You just need to return when it is done.

That is not to say that these types should not be changed as well. But I hope there is still options to move around and do other things while something is just getting heated up.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrChaoz

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
I agree timers were a buzzkill, but my suggestion is not to remove them.

Instead, make them more interactive with minigames, or, allow the player to leave and return.

Reactions: PatWins and Amadman

DrChaoz

May 28, 2020
Germany
Leave and return for wind powered machines or heat something up as example and minigames for butchering or pressing.
It looks like the best solution for me.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
I agree less timers and more active to do things, best with a animation for more immersion.

In MO yes you could move away in the meantime but you had to stick around to ensure noone took your shit, which made such features into semi afk do other shit on computer while waiting because you saved up a whole bank or banks before doing it for an hour+ at a time.

At various points in MO I saved up 3 banks 3-4 times a day purely extracting for hours on end producing while waiting for new fresh ore to throw into banks while mining and transporting raw ore and processed tiers with 4-5 accounts dual clienting and watching a movie or series.

Thats not the route I hope MO2 gets anywhere near.

Also welcome Princey my boi :love: How have you been ?

Reactions: Princey

Solairerection

May 28, 2020
I agree, I think it would be better to add some sort of 'mini-game' or something that puts your focus on the actual appliance you are working with, rather than staring at the timers for 3-5 minutes.

Either way they should spread the time out over the whole process as to not make it as dull, or shorten it overall. I understand that they made it from a risk-reward perspective but maybe it's worth to look it over.
I would argue someone being fully focused on an appliance would need just as much protection by other players as someone who is stuck standing at an appliance for several minutes per extraction.

Reactions: ThaBadMan

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Mini-games were what we were all literally screaming for during MO1's development.... I don't know what they have planned but if its the same 'ole same 'ole from MO1 I am going to be very disappointed.
/agree.
Hopefully they have been thinking the same thoughts and we see something similar to this for as many areas as possible:

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
I'll vomit if they don't add repeat option when extracting inventories of stuff. I love extracting but holy fuck it was tedious.
For sure, also welcome aboard my good enemy :LOL: Good to see you over here (y) Lets hope MO2 brings back the beta glory days of MO and gets stuck there. Will make me and many others happy MO2 campers for sure.

Reactions: Rulant

Rulant

May 30, 2020
For sure, also welcome aboard my good enemy :LOL: Good to see you over here (y) Lets hope MO2 brings back the beta glory days of MO and gets stuck there. Will make me and many others happy MO2 campers for sure.
Yeah man sure glad to see so many old faces around. I'm sure this time SV will listen to community more since they finally started to when MO1 was on its death bed.

Reactions: ThaBadMan

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Yeah man sure glad to see so many old faces around. I'm sure this time SV will listen to community more since they finally started to when MO1 was on its death bed.
Agree, sounds much better from Henrik on Discord so far with the discussions Ive read/been in with him.
Also sounds like he shares us older players views on what MO was meant to become but somewhere failed and became something else.

Nenju

May 28, 2020
sausage lake
just make sure not to add to much complexity into such minigame, cuz keep in mind if u craft 10swords do u want to do that minigame for x amount of time.
they could add some options so that the minigame takes a bit longer but produces more items at ones.

maybe add something to make it more risk-reward like if u want to extract like a full horseload of ore that it is somewhat quicker then doing normal 1 stack extraction (still needs to take longer then the 1 stack extraction ofc otherwise its pointless)

but yea thats a hard topic making a suitable "timesink" while crafting/gathering/extracting, it needs to be FUN (to a certain degree), NON repetitive, NOT 50clicks to craft an item, also kinda wants to keep u doing it and not AFK a timer