No names/spiritism

boogis

Nov 15, 2020
that would be cool if we could not see peoples names unless they introduced themselves and if you got killed spiritism guy can find out who it was os that bounty hunting can apply

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Bounty hunting would really only ever work in a game with Perma death imo. I've never seen it work in any game. It's a cool idea, kind of like paying for bodyguards or transport crews. It's the fantasy of sandbox games, but sadly none really wants to pay someone to larp

boogis

Nov 15, 2020
there is some truth in your words but its a game you you can make it work if you really want. for example it can work like this - if PK players commited 10 murders and every murder was investigated and his name was confirmed the 10 victimes can put a price for his head, lets say 1000 gold each so it makes it 10k gold. then bounty hunter who exepted all those 10 orders for this pk player hunting now can see the name of this person freely like he has been introdused. so he knows his name and can see it. so he aatck the PK and put him into a mercy mode. Then in a mercy mode he have two choices. First one is finish him and this way murderer can escape and resurrect, but second one he can tide pk hand with rope, put him on a horse or if he has no horse or it was killed just make pk follow him, and deliver to nearest city and put him in jail. may be from 10 to 40 hours per murder. so it can make it from 100 to 400 hurs for 10 people murders. This way PK charcter cant get out of jail and play game normaly until his sentense have passed. Hunter of course get all the money from 10 BH orders. Money goes only to the player who delivered the criminal but if some one helped him he can share his reward.
city get tax from hunter reward to keep killer in jail.
but killer can pay for bail. if he commited 10 murders and reward amount is 10k and murderer has 10k of gold in the same city in bank then he can pay that amount to city and be freed instantly, but if he has only 5k he can pay it and half of his sentense will be reduced. if he has 7.7k then he say in jail 33% of the original time in jail. all money goes to guild account who control the city. some % can be charged by game itself supposedly for jail maintanence or food or whaever.

Another idea. its all the same but before going to jail hunter can give pk andd fine ticket, victim can claim the murder to a local police or guards and they issue a ticket if victim know pks name. so pk has to pay this ticket otherwise he goes to jail. its free option if victim cannot affored bounty hunting so he simply declare a crime happend guild who control the city where claim was made start to investigate this crime so guild get money and client has suttisfaction of revenge. ticket need to be given in a hands of pk in a mercey mode. once recived he must pay it in time or new, more brutal bounty hunting order will be out and he deffinatly will go to jail for longer time.
for pk enter the city to pay fines he can wear cloak to hid his identity

for spiritualist to investigate the crime he need to talk to players spirit and find out where crime was commited. so spiritualist follow the spirit to the place of crime (at least 100 meters radious) and there use skill called something like forensic evolution in UO. if he has a good skill he find out pk name very quick if not it will take a while. then spirit giving spiritist his spirit essense as a reward for help. any amount they agreed of or spitite willing to pay. Those essenses can be very important. they can act as a reagents to perform magic of spiritists. but there cant be endless amount of those essenses. Every player collect them automaticaly during the game. it can be 100 or can be 100000. and spiritist can actually see how many essense point spirit has and he can charge % out of whole amount. say 10% out of 1000 will be 100 or out of 10 will be 1. but spirit can see what skill lvl spiritist has and hee can deside understand how fast this crime will be investigated. BUT. spiritist cannot see correct amout of essenses spirite has if he has no skill 100. if spiritist has 50 skill only what he can see is from 10 to 50% of accuracy. and spirit can see what he see. for example spirit has 10k points. but spiritist has 50 skill so spirit can see that spiritist see he has only 5k of point. so spirit can make a cheaper deal with him. so this system is very balanced. you can go for slow cheap bad quality or for fast expencive and high quality

Last edited:

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
It's the fantasy of sandbox games, but sadly none really wants to pay someone to larp
I don't know what to believe about that.

Some baggage (a female avatar, anyhow) once killed my avatar and then announced that she'd been paid to do it.
I told her I doubted it.
She tried to insist.
I took a boulder out of the bank and traded it to her.
"Next one's comin' faster", I told her. I never saw her again.