No More Relevel on Clades 🙀

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
I’m not sure if this was just something to test for the end of closed beta, but not being able to relevel/respec your clade points really puts a damper on playing one character. It also punishes new players for making mistakes.

Most games, well all other games offer some kind of respec even if it has a small cost. I am hoping this changes upon persistence. As a hybrid player I had the flexibility to play a full mage or a Paladin fighter. Now I can no longer get the perks back that I lost to change my roles around.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
It feels like they are intentially trying to choke their new players to death with all the restrictions. If you are not the right race you basically have to reroll due to how restrictive most choices are, yet that means having to spend hundreds of hours grinding all your skills back up, your clade gifts, reputation, etc. Oh and now you cant respec lulnerd git gud.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
They talked about implementing a way to respec in the future, They don't want you to be able to just hit a button and respec. Im personally glad they made leveling 1x and such, I feel Like people and me included are gonna have a rude awakening on just how long it actually takes to level up one skill.

I also think they should give all accounts 2 characters, Ive said it once ill say it again! If we are going to be supporting SV from before day one and after, The least they could do is give us a "Throw away" character. To test all the new content. Or if a patch breaks a build like it has previously broke Mounted archery. We would not be rendered useless and could play on the other character.

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
They talked about implementing a way to respec in the future, They don't want you to be able to just hit a button and respec. Im personally glad they made leveling 1x and such, I feel Like people and me included are gonna have a rude awakening on just how long it actually takes to level up one skill.

I also think they should give all accounts 2 characters, Ive said it once ill say it again! If we are going to be supporting SV from before day one and after, The least they could do is give us a "Throw away" character. To test all the new content. Or if a patch breaks a build like it has previously broke Mounted archery. We would not be rendered useless and could play on the other character.

I agree it should not just be a click of a button to relevel. There should be some kind of risk. Like maybe whatever clade you are you need to go to that province and pay a priest 50 gold to relevel. This seems feasible you think? @Henrik Nyström

Reactions: 2Op4Scrubs

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I’m not sure if this was just something to test for the end of closed beta, but not being able to relevel/respec your clade points really puts a damper on playing one character. It also punishes new players for making mistakes.

Most games, well all other games offer some kind of respec even if it has a small cost. I am hoping this changes upon persistence. As a hybrid player I had the flexibility to play a full mage or a Paladin fighter. Now I can no longer get the perks back that I lost to change my roles around.

Yea, I mean, you can respec everything else.But I'm torn. I mean, if you're speccing over for mining gifts and out of combat gifts when you are mining... that's kind of weird, too. Being locked in tho, doesn't make a lot of sense, especially if it's a forever lock, and I don't wanna hear like, with the rep system, "they are gonna fix it eventually," you think people quit cuz of GY action, they are def gonna quit because of clicking the wrong clade gift. None of the clade gifts besides the ones that everyone takes are OP. Mostly it's just build alterations like you said. I almost think that you should be able to instantly respec esp given how hard it's gonna be to earn lvl 20, comparatively.

But yea, I'm never quite sure what the vision is... haha. Some of it seems good in theory, but I think the gifts should be a bit more powerful if they are gonna be hard spec gifts. I mean who is gonna waste a gift on 10% mines or see chance to gain rare mats haha. Mayhaps you should get templates that you can unlock thru playing? Like lvl 15 you get an extra template and lvl 20 you get an extra template and can toggle between them? I dunno.

Nothing in MO surprises me anymore, but I was like heh when they said you can no longer unspec clade gifts. It's like o ok. haha.

D

Deleted member 44

This feature will be readded with a cost burden to the player. I hope the cost is high as you shouldn't be able to change builds on the fly fight to fight. I made a fully combat ready and crafting build over the weekend with the 1x rates. I think you guys are making a way bigger deal out of this than it actually is.

Reactions: Raknor and cacus

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
This feature will be readded with a cost burden to the player. I hope the cost is high as you shouldn't be able to change builds on the fly fight to fight. I made a fully combat ready and crafting build over the weekend with the 1x rates. I think you guys are making a way bigger deal out of this than it actually is.

I mean yeah it's fine for veterans who already know exactly what they want to do. For someone who just starts out and spends all their points right away because why not... Well

Reactions: SegaPhoenix

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I think the actual problem is that aslong theres no way to respect clades people will have to delete characters to try a different feature in their build. Its despicable to force people to wipe all progress for experimenting builds on the same character.

Yeah we can say they will add a magical potion made of leprechaun urine that lets u reset clades, all fine but until that shit happens people will have a reduced quality of gameplay experience due to a shitty mechanic. Specially considering that the game with no longer x100 will be grindy as phuc.

Idk it almost looks like they are pushing people to buy several accounts, against what henrik promised that MO2 wasn't going to be as shitty as MO1 regarding characters-accounts.

D

Dracu

Who cares for new players... This game is only for ppl that know the game already.

Gid gud reroll. Your fault for beeing new

• Haha
Reactions: Jatix

Lurifax

Dec 6, 2021
I think the actual problem is that aslong theres no way to respect clades people will have to delete characters to try a different feature in their build. Its despicable to force people to wipe all progress for experimenting builds on the same character.

Yeah we can say they will add a magical potion made of leprechaun urine that lets u reset clades, all fine but until that shit happens people will have a reduced quality of gameplay experience due to a shitty mechanic. Specially considering that the game with no longer x100 will be grindy as phuc.

Idk it almost looks like they are pushing people to buy several accounts, against what henrik promised that MO2 wasn't going to be as shitty as MO1 regarding characters-accounts.
Henrik spoke about it on the last stream. You should show up on the next one on Thursday and ask him again. I guess the more they hear the same question the more likely we will see it. :p

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021

Wait until new players get punished for creating a bad character, so SV gets to charge them on top of their purchase of the game, subscription, and now reroll token.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Full clade over a weekend? Get the fuck out, the math doesn't add up bro. Maybe u ment that u leveled up crafting and combat, and that would be a completly different thing.