No more players in charge of company matters

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Hey I appreciate the feedback. Even if its feedback against me, I am not here to filter it. I will follow the comments here.

zers

Aug 4, 2021
I agree 100%. Especially with the massive history of corruption in mo1.

However this post will get removed.

Reactions: cerqo

lord_yoshi

Oct 3, 2020
If you have an issue with moderation staff, report them to the lead moderator. If you still have issues, then report it higher or take it public, but if you take it public, make sure you're absolutely right.

Reactions: Robmo
Jan 28, 2022
Player moderation has RARELY worked, in any game. It works in smaller communities, but when the community is larger it starts to be problematic.

It most likely will not work here, not necessarily because the player mods would be/get corrupt - but also because often a normal player will behave differently towards a player mod. Everything a player mod does is viewed more critically, everything they gain in game is somehow viewed to be gained by ill means or through easier gameplay than a normal player. Every joke and comment, is viewed to be a statement on server politics or issues. Then there's your brown tongues too, who will kiss ass as much as they can.

This is a system that surely solves smaller day to day moderation issues for SV quite easily, but it's also quite prone to create extra drama.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I like robmo so farm. Most CMs never communicate and seem to just be collecting a paycheck. Or even worse they do their job as if it was to control the community and keep dissent down. Hes a tamerplayer and people have the perception of him not being a skilled player. Probably not competent at the game we may think as well. But hes relaying everything back and forth with no seen bias. Maybe we see some corruption from him in the future but I dont think that who he is.

But there is a problem with the mods of this game. The player base rightfully hates them and no one trust them in sorting things out privately. If just mentioning things this benign thing will be a rules violation it just shows how far the problem is this overreach and need to stop all dissent. I see the mods of this community as those who want to just control the community.

The last thing the players of this game that have been around trust is the staff especially moderation. I can see why they would not want extra of it. But Henrik doesnt need to spend all of his time no lifing chat while doing his other CEO stuff. I personally would like to have a CM that is aware of how the game is played because Henrik is not.

Its probably for the best if the CM is aware and somewhat competent at the game so Henrik hears from one voice about the issues we bring up to that voice.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
I like Robmo too because he joins the unofficial Discord to actually read what we're saying even if 90% of it ends up being slander against SV (or him). Regardless, he engages with us and relays some info from time to time.

Reactions: Tzone

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
The difference between Robmo and the """""mods"""" is that Robmo didn't undergo an alias or attempt to hide who he was.

Hell, the dude streams and even made a video introducing himself to the community.

Last person to do that was... Jonas, right? Anyone remember him? Probably - probably not.

@Robmo has my support 100% along with the rest of CTX. Even though some of us might think he wasn't the right person for such a position, with his lack of knowledge and other things, it goes to show that he was willing to be passionate and pursue something the community needed but no one was willing to fill or do.

The moderators on the other hand, are faceless players who hide behind different names & aliases to conceal their behavior. The worst part is, they provide information regarding the reporting of said mods stepping out of line or misusing / abusing their power, however I find this leads down a path that runs straight into a wall.

If we're going to have moderators, people who are doing this for free or for some type of "reward" (i.e. not being apart of Star Vault's payroll) then they should be seen on their true accounts IMO.

Doubt it would ever happen, but until I know who is moderating the community I am apart of, I am not satisfied. It gives a sense of entitlement to a lot of them which I have grown to dislike very, very much.

Reactions: Sgr

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
agreed. being a player may give them some insight into the community but it also gives them massive bias and absolutely no way for them to truly remain impartial

-barcode

Haha, what bias? Apparently PLAYER moderators being biased or corrupt is not even in the fucking realm of possibility for SV since you cant mention a word about it in the discord or you'll get banned.

Hey, at least SV are just testing out some new way of doing things with the player moderators, how could they possibly know that giving a player that plays the game and is in guilds that are at war with and hate other guilds MASSIVE power (literally able to block and censor you out of the only communication channel/news channel), would be abused. Its not like SV had a different game which had player moderators, GM's and councilors, that rampantly abused their power all the fucking time. How could SV have known?

Player moderators/GM's is the most fucking braindead trash concept I have ever seen or heard of. Company got a huge influx of money from the official release, time to get rid of this disgusting system. Lmao, also re-naming the lead moderator etc. every few months is another scummy way to hide what's really happening.

Kenshin

Apr 6, 2021
Agreed. It isn't robmos fault but I find that it is ridiculous that he got chosen. He claims he is a beta player but I haven't seen him in the discord once before release. They should have let the community know and chosen someone that knows something about the community. Along with that, the current mods are cheats. Everyone knows that tychon is erras is pendas, and that she changes her name when we get fed up with her. The cooldown is insane too.

Kenshin

Apr 6, 2021
The difference between Robmo and the """""mods"""" is that Robmo didn't undergo an alias or attempt to hide who he was.

Hell, the dude streams and even made a video introducing himself to the community.

Last person to do that was... Jonas, right? Anyone remember him? Probably - probably not.

@Robmo has my support 100% along with the rest of CTX. Even though some of us might think he wasn't the right person for such a position, with his lack of knowledge and other things, it goes to show that he was willing to be passionate and pursue something the community needed but no one was willing to fill or do.

The moderators on the other hand, are faceless players who hide behind different names & aliases to conceal their behavior. The worst part is, they provide information regarding the reporting of said mods stepping out of line or misusing / abusing their power, however I find this leads down a path that runs straight into a wall.

If we're going to have moderators, people who are doing this for free or for some type of "reward" (i.e. not being apart of Star Vault's payroll) then they should be seen on their true accounts IMO.

Doubt it would ever happen, but until I know who is moderating the community I am apart of, I am not satisfied. It gives a sense of entitlement to a lot of them which I have grown to dislike very, very much.
Agreed but he didnt have to hide who he was cause no one in the world knew who he was through all of beta.

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Agreed. It isn't robmos fault but I find that it is ridiculous that he got chosen. He claims he is a beta player but I haven't seen him in the discord once before release. They should have let the community know and chosen someone that knows something about the community. Along with that, the current mods are cheats. Everyone knows that tychon is erras is pendas, and that she changes her name when we get fed up with her. The cooldown is insane too.

Hey man!

I felt I should give you some background. I started during the first stress test back in late 2020. I played hard for a few months and took a break to wait for some content. A few months back I returned and went hard. You may not know this (or care) but I did write the most comprehensive taming sheet I've seen so far. You have to understand that this is a paid job. I sent a resume and a cover letter and talked to Henrik like anyone else. So I definitely support the idea about the players choosing their CM, but it also comes down to their skill set beyond the game. I even pitched the idea about having a player as the CM. In terms of discord, I always lurked, I watched the culture you guys have formed. The influx of new players has changed things for now, which is understandable based on what is currently going on with the game.

Right now I've prioritized the discord for two reason, Its the fastest way to engage with the community and SV is so busy, I don't have all the tools for my toolbox. Now regarding, not knowing the community, I can understand the concern however there is more to the community than just all the big guilds for example. They make power moves, and I've been watching for some time. There are a lot of different players, guilds sizes and play styles and we can't cater to just one or a few. Now one of the other reasons I believe they chose me is BECAUSE I am not affiliated with a big guild. My current guild is small and neutral. As soon as they lose their neutrality, I will likely create my own. That doesn't mean we or myself won't join battles, its just I cannot favor one side vs the other on a regular basis.

I recommend that if you feel there is a better candidate, have the community choose and then have them send their resumes and other docs. I hope this clears things up.

P.S. I am currently and hope to always be not involved with the moderation of the discord/forums and similar places. However, I do get involved if there is threat of real life violence, blatant harassment or other actions that any reasonable adult can see is not healthy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ulysses

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
This thread is far more about player mods and/or GMs than it is about Robmo.

I agree at GMs. I think it's possible to have GMs that are players and unbiased, but they couldn't be big guild people etc. Like if Seb/Amadman was a GM (God forbid, right, @ him ) that wouldn't be a problem. It's just people that are soooo heavily invested in the game as well as MO does weird things to people's brains. There are different levels of mental toughness here, but almost everyone has been in some way influenced by playing MO.

I knew a player who was a GM, and he never told me he was a GM. I think he might have been close to quitting when he did tell me. Never would have guessed, super cool guy. My memory is hazy as to what his IGN was because I was pretty nubby at the time.

As for Mods, just talk it out. I've had some what I feel was improper modding, and I've talked it out and got things settled. Frankly, I don't care what happens w/ mods UNLESS they end up costing me real life money/time by banning an acct. It seems to me that is probably extremely rare. Getting banned from the forum, I think you almost have to try. If you're mad at people deleting your post, learn how to say things without really saying them out right. The people who know will understand what you're saying haha.

But yea, IN GENERAL player GM is tuff. There are some people who have the ability to do it. Whether they are a player or not, they still have bias, especially if they are dealing with people they frequently encounter. Who the hell wants to sign up to GM MO tho? I'm surprised even players would want that job unless they were on a power trip. It's like some cops and some soldiers actually believe they are making the world a better place, but believing you are gonna make MO a better place? I'll be there with LIGHTNING SPEED to get your horse unstuck!

In general tho, GMs have been really good to me, so I can't complain, but there is def a conflict of interests at times. As for mods, I don't think it's as big of a deal. Most forums I've been on have mods that are active posters and they have bias, too. If you really think someone is trying to lord their authority over you as a mod, tell them. Be like I feel like you're on some power trip, and if they lose their shit, then take it up with a mod on a higher level than them.

I've spent my life w/ many people waiting for me to slip up, so it's never a surprise when people are biting at my ankles. Thus, I think the very thankless job of moderating Mofo can be designated to who-ever they choose, especially if there is a more clear-headed mod overseeing it. GMing, though... that's tough. But, again, I ask... who is gonna do that job and what kind of a salary are they gonna pay them? Where does that fit on a job application? ye, I spent 4 years moderating Mortal Online...

But yes, believe it or not, there are people who can put MOST of their personal bias aside and render just decisions. I would say look at judges, but there is some corruption there, STILL, in general... that is the idea. There are def times they should recuse, per se, tho.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
Hey man!

I felt I should give you some background. I started during the first stress test back in late 2020. I played hard for a few months and took a break to wait for some content. A few months back I returned and went hard. You may not know this (or care) but I did write the most comprehensive taming sheet I've seen so far. You have to understand that this is a paid job. I sent a resume and a cover letter and talked to Henrik like anyone else. So I definitely support the idea about the players choosing their CM, but it also comes down to their skill set beyond the game. I even pitched the idea about having a player as the CM. In terms of discord, I always lurked, I watched the culture you guys have formed. The influx of new players has changed things for now, which is understandable based on what is currently going on with the game.

Right now I've prioritized the discord for two reason, Its the fastest way to engage with the community and SV is so busy, I don't have all the tools for my toolbox. Now regarding, not knowing the community, I can understand the concern however there is more to the community than just all the big guilds for example. They make power moves, and I've been watching for some time. There are a lot of different players, guilds sizes and play styles and we can't cater to just one or a few. Now one of the other reasons I believe they chose me is BECAUSE I am not affiliated with a big guild. My current guild is small and neutral. As soon as they lose their neutrality, I will likely create my own. That doesn't mean we or myself won't join battles, its just I cannot favor one side vs the other on a regular basis.

I recommend that if you feel there is a better candidate, have the community choose and then have them send their resumes and other docs. I hope this clears things up.

P.S. I am currently and hope to always be not involved with the moderation of the discord/forums and similar places. However, I do get involved if there is threat of real life violence, blatant harassment or other actions that any reasonable adult can see is not healthy.

This is my advice to you as CM, and I highly recommend you take it and don't dilute it.

1.) Form a Discord that gets into contact with major guilds, long time players, and those with objective knowledge of the game - put them all together and host / guide discussions about the game from PvP to PvE to player retention to anything else from the game. This community NEEDS an individual or individuals to help us get our feedback straight to SV without all the ignorance in the mix (or as little as possible.)

This will help you and SV better balance things instead of us as players waiting for a unknown fix to come along.

This group should be picked by you, but you should seek to include as many types of people as possible.

The group should be kept civil in discussion obviously, but only accept the facts and not the bias of players who want it their way because it benefits them.

2.) Take this information from the group you made and present it in a poll-like form in the public Discord (as well as the one you make, as some people might be banned from the MO2 Discord) and allow us as players to visibly show our opinion in things.

Quite literally make a new channel called #polls and just update it frequently with vital community feedback to he voted on. That way SV can see clear numbers of support, and us as players can see our ideas being seen and heard rather then hoping we're listened to in our many rants from the Discord to here in the forums.

3.) Lastly, use both ideas to teach yourself Robmo more about MO2 and even MO1. It's important you understand the game in and out to be at your best. You need to realize where a lot of us came from and have dealt with in the previous game to know what we should do right in MO2.

Those would be my 3 golden rules.

Get feedback from a wide range of vets in civil discourse and discuss / poll them for their opinions.

Openly show these results to the community as a whole and allow the community to poll their choices, and then use it as evidence in talking to SV on what they should do more or less of, or for potential changes regarding the game.

And take the time to learn about active and known players in the game so you can feel as if you belong rather then an outside due to your inexperience.

Kenshin

Apr 6, 2021
Hey man!

"I lurked" Literal stalker mode. Also you cant apply to a job that no one knows exists. All mods should be elected by beta players.

Kenshin

Apr 6, 2021
This is my advice to you as CM, and I highly recommend you take it and don't dilute it.

1.) Form a Discord that gets into contact with major guilds, long time players, and those with objective knowledge of the game - put them all together and host / guide discussions about the game from PvP to PvE to player retention to anything else from the game. This community NEEDS an individual or individuals to help us get our feedback straight to SV without all the ignorance in the mix (or as little as possible.)

This will help you and SV better balance things instead of us as players waiting for a unknown fix to come along.

This group should be picked by you, but you should seek to include as many types of people as possible.

The group should be kept civil in discussion obviously, but only accept the facts and not the bias of players who want it their way because it benefits them.

2.) Take this information from the group you made and present it in a poll-like form in the public Discord (as well as the one you make, as some people might be banned from the MO2 Discord) and allow us as players to visibly show our opinion in things.

Quite literally make a new channel called #polls and just update it frequently with vital community feedback to he voted on. That way SV can see clear numbers of support, and us as players can see our ideas being seen and heard rather then hoping we're listened to in our many rants from the Discord to here in the forums.

3.) Lastly, use both ideas to teach yourself Robmo more about MO2 and even MO1. It's important you understand the game in and out to be at your best. You need to realize where a lot of us came from and have dealt with in the previous game to know what we should do right in MO2.

Get feedback from a wide range of vets in civil discourse and discuss / poll them for their opinions.

Openly show these results to the community as a whole and allow the community to poll their choices, and then use it as evidence in talking to SV on what they should do more or less of, or for potential changes regarding the game.

And take the time to learn about active and known players in the game so you can feel as if you belong rather then an outside due to your inexperience.
I really like this idea as long as I am chosen.

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021

Thank you, this is a great idea. You may not believe me, but I did have something like this in the pipeline. The only problem is that currently, I cannot just make big moves on my own without approval. A Community Manager is a bit of a new process for SV currently, so they are monitoring and making decisions. Once again Thank you.