No more players in charge of company matters

Kenshin

Apr 6, 2021
Thank you, this is a great idea. You may not believe me, but I did have something like this in the pipeline. The only problem is that currently, I cannot just make big moves on my own without approval. A Community Manager is a bit of a new process for SV currently, so they are monitoring and making decisions. Once again Thank you.
This is a feedback system that would actually work.
"Lets players voices get heard while not drowning the devs in DMs. Basically, the Devs will only take feedback from 20 people. Let me explain: 20 people from all different opinions will be elected as the Dev feedback conveyer. Those 20 people will get dms from a group of 20 (likeminded) people who signed up under the feedback conveyer. Those 20 people will hear from another group of 10 or 20 that dm them. So basically, everyone will have a couple people report to them. and they will chose the best ideas and tell it to the person above them, that person will chose the best ideas and keep reporting up in that sequence until finally the devs hear the best ideas. It seems complicated but besides the electing part everything can be community done and is pretty simple."

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
It's easier to get 20 power-tripping unemployed players to do the job than it is to pay 20 people 15$ an hour or something

This is my advice to you as CM, and I highly recommend you take it and don't dilute it.

1.) Form a Discord that gets into contact with major guilds, long time players, and those with objective knowledge of the game - put them all together and host / guide discussions about the game from PvP to PvE to player retention to anything else from the game. This community NEEDS an individual or individuals to help us get our feedback straight to SV without all the ignorance in the mix (or as little as possible.)
Three fair reasons why this won't help:
  1. It has been tried in Mortal Online (1) with the Council of Patriarchs, whose greatest internal accomplishment was arguing with one another and greatest external accomplishment was being considered a "illuminati" without the best interests of the community in mind. The limited useful feedback which was gathered was largely ignored by Star Vault either way, making the whole thing moot.

2. Several internal test teams (the NDA is no longer in effect thanks to reaching its time limit, so most involved can talk about this now) were established using both normal players and members of the player support staff in Mortal Online (1). Despite creating greatly detailed spreadsheets of data and well-collected feedback, they were also ignored by Star Vault, making the whole thing moot.

3. Herius knows best. Sebastian knows best. Henrik knows best. None of them seem to talk or at the very least agree with each other when it comes to actually developing and implementing features, so as I understand it everyone just does whatever they like at the programming level.

Reactions: Vagrant