News Council and General Information!

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Proposal of Myrland News Council.

Over the years, information is as vast as the land we come from. Bringing a level of power in knowledge. Sense knowledge is power, I would like to see a source of general knowledge. Some way to allow people to know of what guilds are at war, general knowledge of guilds, events taking place, all the top players based on trade, creating daily missions, and providing a guide for the average price of an item sold through brokers. With these I foresee players using this a lot to give them an idea of where to go or what is taking place. As the name I’ve come up with for this is, Myrland News Counsel, as it only provides information for the land it’s on. Thus, giving all new lands a News Council and keeping the game to its standard play. I’ll now go over detailed information for the in-depth side of the Counsel.

The point of the News Council is to keep the game interesting and provide general information. Here are some points in which the game can be kept interesting without changing the core foundation of the game. The News Council itself would consist of players with different rules they must follow ( Example, unable to give Cosmetic Currency, lack of information on event locations, ect.. ) and/or members of SV / Non MO players.

· Using a message board system to spread new to everyone.

· Using a mobile application to keep players updated while offline.

· Giving general information on the message board about guilds.

Examples: Guild names and tags in the nation, size of guild based on their TC property, Color coded symbols for average crime rate of guild, and guild quotes.

· Giving general information about in-game exchanges and rumors.

Examples: Having an average price of all items sold via brokers ( if item has not been sold, value shows 0. ), list of top players per trade/skill in the local nation, list of top guilds in each nation, event information, recent game updates, and upcoming game updates.

· Posting a “Nations Notice” whenever a guild is under siege. ( Only triggers after a loss of property. )

· Posting a “Nation Notice” whenever a guild has been defeated, created, defeats an event boss, or wins tournaments of any type.

· Posting “Nation Notice” whenever a player defeats an event boss or wins tournaments/events of any type.

· Posting a “Nations Notice” whenever a player or guild reaches top spot in their respected areas of expertise

· Creating events for players and guilds.

· Creating daily missions for guilds and individual players.

· Giving “Cosmetic Currency” to winners of events and tournaments.

· Providing “Help” in general chat when players are misunderstood about something.

· Providing an extra eye for cheaters and bug exploiters.

Using a new message board, we can invite players to seek out what is going on in the nation they are in. Each nation will have its own events and information to be seen on these boards. The mobile application would be used to share the same information as what's on the message board. While allowing players to use private chat and guild chat while logged off. This would be to keep players in touch and open with all of what is happening in their nearest nation.

As for the information being provided off the board should be vague and yet informative. The example above would be my idea of an informative board without giving away any important information. This also falls for items sold through the broker, it shows an average price, nothing more nothing less. It's for newer players to get an idea of an item's price. This board could also provide a list of recent updates or upcoming features. With equal or less information then found throughout the website/forums.

Now “Nation Notices” will appear on everyone’s screen within the nation for a few seconds. Giving notice to the board that something has happened. The examples above show different reasons it would pop up.

Lastly the main goal is to keep the players busy when they seem to be falling short of ideas. Building events, tournaments, daily, weekly, monthly missions/achievements, guides in help chat when others are misunderstood, and trying to keep the community from hackers, cheaters, and bug exploiters. While providing positive reinforcement to the people of the game.

This is something I thought would help the game out a bunch, mostly giving the mods room for themselves and getting feedback through another source. It can also keep players focused on something as well as provoke war and togetherness within MO2. I would love to hear some feedback!

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
I'm glad you proposed this project, I wish you luck with it, it will be interesting if it works, and it will be subject to grief (in the form of disinformation, etc. ) if it's at all possible and probably attrition, as well. Don't let any of that discourage you.

Reactions: Phen

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
I'm glad you proposed this project, I wish you luck with it, it will be interesting if it works, and it will be subject to grief (in the form of disinformation, etc. ) if it's at all possible and probably attrition, as well. Don't let any of that discourage you.

The day I get discouraged about people not liking my ideas, might be my last day on earth ..lol..

That being said. I posted this before the QnA, now this looks like something possible with the way they are setting up Empires. I'm excited to see what happens.

Reactions: Najwalaylah