New city Hyllspeia

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
The new city Hyllspeia is not too far away from the Tindrem/Fabernum area (maybe 15 minutes riding, but I didn't check the time) and located at the north side of the northern mountains. There is a road sign and then a long path up the mountain. The city looks very nice and has all standard vendors, equerry, priest, bank and post. I didn't see normal librarians yet, but there is the Quazar Master Metal Librarian with books Master Alloys (10 gold) and Cronite Lore (50 gold), who has been more or less at the same location in MO1 in the mountain village north of Fabernum.

Most interesting is the closed back entrance of the Mino dungeon. And the city gives a nice view on large parts of the map.

Probably not a city for living because of the long way down and almost no animals around, only some pigs in front of the first houses. But for sure interesting as starting point for the Mini dungeon.20210818174904_1.jpg20210818173421_1.jpg20210818172157_1.jpg

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I have not had the chance to log in since the latest patch to check.

I wondered if that abandoned lodge above fab was what they was talking about.

Seems pretty close compared to other towns. But not complaining.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
I wondered if that abandoned lodge above fab was what they was talking about.
Seems pretty close compared to other towns. But not complaining.

Yes, when you mean the "abandoned lodge above fab" in MO1 with a way from Fabernum up to the few houses. Now in MO2 there is no way from Fabernum up the mountain. You have to go or ride through the canyon between Fabernum and Tindrem to the north, then follow the road to the east until you reach the path up to Hyllspeia. I think it took me about 15 minutes on horse from the entrance of the canyon to the city.

Seems to be almost the same distance as between other cities in the north-west part of the map (Tindrem, Fabernum, Kranesh, Meduli).

As resources I have seen Granum and Firmwood only next to Hyllspeia. Nothing really worth to live here. But, as I wrote in my first post, players will go to Hyllspeia to buy the two metal lore books and of cause to meet their groups for the Minotaur dungeon, in case of the gate being opened.

Reactions: Amadman

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
I really wonder if that is the Mino Dungeon entrance I mean if you look and the map. that is not possible that the Second mino dungoen entrance I mean
alone the way are atleast 1hour on Foot. I doubt that its the Mino dungeon.
But it would be cool to have a such a huge dungeon. xD

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
the town looks very nice but it is weird that they put it so close to fabernum and Tindrem. Could have put it in the south east part of the map or in the jungle instead.

also the way in is one more super narrow super long road. SV seems to really love these. Dont think anyone else likes them. Ganker pradise.

Reactions: Speznat

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
I really wonder if that is the Mino Dungeon entrance I mean if you look and the map. that is not possible that the Second mino dungoen entrance I mean
alone the way are atleast 1hour on Foot. I doubt that its the Mino dungeon.
But it would be cool to have a such a huge dungeon. xD

In MO1 we had a back entrance (or exit) at the same position. Now we know the name of the mountain village with same librarian in MO1. On the north side of that village had been a path a little bit down along the northern mountain side to the east. Finally you reached a cave, and inside a long way down went into the Mino dungeon.

Skydancer

May 28, 2020
Horrendous city placement; Large town with no resources and a single insanely long path to reach it. Nothing along this path area or resource wise to make it interesting or sustainable for new players. The ones who manage to leave Hyllspeia without unsubbing and uninstalling the game are true Kallards; Dim.

Issues:
  1. Town is needlessly large
  2. Corridor to reach the town is needlessly long
  3. Area around town and entry road is needlessly void of content
  4. Aside from whatever exclusive books they put there and some dungeon entrance there is no reason at all to make it a home base as your entire play session is spent walking up and down the mountain.
  5. Aside from the road in, the entire ground is white snow which makes it hard to path around the settlement and know whether the ground you are walking on is a path to somewhere or nowhere.
Remediation:
  1. Maintain a small lookout where the town is (the outposts are nice) around the oghmir cave entrance
  2. Move the town itself 3/4 the way down the mountain so it has some value and can be closer to meaningful resources. The winding path to the lookouts and dungeon would still have a clear purpose. Think of Hyllspeia as the everest base camp
  3. If possible make alternate entrances and exits - very important for this type of game
  4. Reduce the size of the town proportional to the size of settlement the local resources might be able to sustain
  5. Establish a small port that could rationalise a larger settlement is being resourced from the Kallard main continent
  6. Make more use of the snowy gravel for the thoroughfares of the town and town entrances

A large game world doesn't excuse poorly utilised game area. very few new players will have a horse from the get go and 15 minutes running around a vapid mountain road to get to a town with no resources is a real player disappointer. There are other ways of making the game hardcore than forcing them to ride 15 mins straight around a spiral to nothing (over 30 mins on foot for a new player during which time they have absolutely nothing to interact with)

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Really need another way down off the mountain to the north side so people have access to that contend in the valley.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I tried to find the town first time but ended up wandering in front of a snowy cave entrance and a large elder white bear came out and turned me into its lunch.

I think I know where it is now.

Reactions: Moored

Draug

May 22, 2021
Sverige
www.vikingsonshrooms.com
I think a lot of people are forgetting that the map is being rebuilt as we speak. The northern side of the mountains are barely touched by an environmental artist. One can tell it's mostly generated terrain.

As fishing and boats arrive on much later date, this town will be the only one close to artic waters.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I think a lot of people are forgetting that we are supposed to be giving feedback.

Reactions: Draug

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
We need to remember Henrik has said many times they are keeping things out of the game until persistent. Who knows what will be around the Northern part of the town.

And I like that there isn't a quick path up the hill from Fab.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
We need to remember Henrik has said many times they are keeping things out of the game until persistent. Who knows what will be around the Northern part of the town.

Agree, there will be some stuff in the area between city and the northern sea. I hope on ice bears on the northern islands and some usable plants.

Solairerection

May 28, 2020
A horse spawn is sorely needed aswell. I would imagine Jotun horses be put there eventually, but a Steppe horse spawn in the meantime would help a lot to make the place a little more livable.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com

And I like that there isn't a quick path up the hill from Fab.
When I was going up that path up the hill I was sure that Fabernum was just around the corner, only to see the path going further up ahead every time.

And those stick barriers... I'm fully convinced that SV put them there on purpose.