Neutral zones

TruthGlass

Mar 24, 2023
So if you guys didn't know this ruleset was the ruleset in testing for a while minus the extra crime timer and with guards that had worse ai than they do now where they could not shoot at people on rooftops. Xen so despite all those games you played we played it here lol and there was at the very least a around equal amount of players and certainly more life in the game than there is now all pre release. Rahz there are people that like to play guards and did. I understand where you are coming from cause I am not one of the guys... until there were criminals in town from another city at that point friends and enemies band together to run them out. I dislike spawn camping for the same reason I dislike pve towns because it deadens gameplay, but at least in the case of spawn camping it serves a purpose. The pve towns are dead zones for the sake of dead zones that is their literal function.

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
So if you guys didn't know this ruleset was the ruleset in testing for a while minus the extra crime timer and with guards that had worse ai than they do now where they could not shoot at people on rooftops. Xen so despite all those games you played we played it here lol and there was at the very least a around equal amount of players and certainly more life in the game than there is now all pre release. Rahz there are people that like to play guards and did. I understand where you are coming from cause I am not one of the guys... until there were criminals in town from another city at that point friends and enemies band together to run them out. I dislike spawn camping for the same reason I dislike pve towns because it deadens gameplay, but at least in the case of spawn camping it serves a purpose. The pve towns are dead zones for the sake of dead zones that is their literal function.
I know the guards got a massive overhaul but I don't think it made the cities dead. It made it a little more difficult to kill players in towns. The problem with player guards is that noone would actually take a full shift. So there will be times when the cities are guarded and times when you log in and instantly die. That cannot be the goal. We already see the problem lawless towns are facing. As a solo-player, do you think I can make it to Gaul Kor without getting killed? 90% of the map is a no-go area because you're gonna get zerged by people who think this is CoD Warzone: Fantasy Edition. (where they get their insane amounts of mats and gold from is another topic) However I do think if guilds can own cities the standard guards should have absolut trash-tier equipment and the guilds should have to pay/craft for their equipment. That would mean the defenses of some towns might be a little less oppressive at times, which will than lead to an opportunity to go to war.

Last edited:

TruthGlass

Mar 24, 2023
The regular guards are still there "player guards" just supplement them. Say there is a obvious hole in guard coverage that is where a player guard would fit in functionally outside the rp stuff because generally even playing in the neutral environment there are only so many paths to run for escape. Lictors more or less insta kill people so there is no ability for anyone else to play around crime, and though I mention a guard reduction that is because in some cites elites were put on every intersection, and they need to be playable spaces so the criminals have a chance to escape the town. The crime timer increase is so they can't hide away for a min and strike again, use the exploitive tactics we saw in testing like suicide bombs, and to ensure that guilds, rpguards, and even solo players can seek their own justice if they want it. That could be blazing after them in a rage, putting out a guild call to arms, or grabbing some of the rp guards to help. The way the system has always been is crime is one sided thing, but by evening he odds everyone can have a good experience. I can't even count the times they are so many that a guilds wanted to hunt me down, but the timer ran out before they could, and this also incentivizes hunting or even hiring players real time because you can then recover your goods.

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
The regular guards are still there "player guards" just supplement them. Say there is a obvious hole in guard coverage that is where a player guard would fit in functionally outside the rp stuff because generally even playing in the neutral environment there are only so many paths to run for escape. Lictors more or less insta kill people so there is no ability for anyone else to play around crime, and though I mention a guard reduction that is because in some cites elites were put on every intersection, and they need to be playable spaces so the criminals have a chance to escape the town. The crime timer increase is so they can't hide away for a min and strike again, use the exploitive tactics we saw in testing like suicide bombs, and to ensure that guilds, rpguards, and even solo players can seek their own justice if they want it. That could be blazing after them in a rage, putting out a guild call to arms, or grabbing some of the rp guards to help. The way the system has always been is crime is one sided thing, but by evening he odds everyone can have a good experience. I can't even count the times they are so many that a guilds wanted to hunt me down, but the timer ran out before they could, and this also incentivizes hunting or even hiring players real time because you can then recover your goods.
I gotta admit I got shot by a Lictor yesterday.. yes mage and squishy and whatnot.. but holy fuck he outright destroyed me :D So yeah a small nerf to them would be nice. I also really like your idea of supplementing NPC guards with rp-guards. So there is always some form of protection but security fluctuates, which would make this game so much more tactical. Crime timers are still kinda strange. Maybe the criminal should stay local grey to their victims so they can take revenge. It's just not a good system overall.

TruthGlass

Mar 24, 2023
It goes beyond just lictor dmg they can also teleport through walls, and they move to crime even if they are far away and can't see it. So if you are crime it is only a matter of time before they get you. Of course you can't run, not that it would help, because there are elite guards everywhere now.

Last edited:

DeborahLove

May 1, 2023
The game currently has 2 pvp cities Kranesh and Gaul kor, and has 8 pve cities under protection of crime tracking lictors.

I propose that 6 of safe cities are converted to neutral. Neutral cities will perform like cities prior to lictors and other guard additions.

This will give a more reasonable balance that will open up more play styles. 2/6/2 with each of the extremes with their limited function equal and distinct. What cities you pick can be used to drive populations where you want them, but hopefully in a way that encourages players to play in new and exciting ways. These should also be color coded in the haven menu. I would suggest yellow for neutral and blue for pve.

I hope this will bring player guards, and thieves back into the game which we have not seen since the introduction of lictors.

For neutral towns I suggest a crime timer extension in between 10-20 minutes. These towns are naturally going to have more crime, but I want it to be in a Nova AI Mod APK The most advanced artificial intelligence ever, give you a natural conversation between Chatbot, download for great experiences. that enhances the experience for everyone. The extended crime timer adds value to not only surviving and escaping guards, but also gives value in gathering some friends to go hunt down the criminal. This also addresses subversion as rerolls have zero effect on the ruleset, and even if they did suicide/redpriest they are still on time out thanks to travel time which makes the chase, escape, or fight more valuable.

I think these changes would create a better experience for everyone and eliminate the binary expectations everyone has of pve and pvp. It essentially gives everyone a way to play, puts a lot of the sand that was taken out of the box back in, and gives a middle ground that can easily be played under by all parties.
Your proposal to convert 6 of the safe PvE cities into neutral cities sounds like an interesting way to balance the gameplay and give players more options. It could potentially bring back players who were deterred by the introduction of the crime tracking lictors and encourage new play styles.

Color coding the cities in the haven menu is a good idea to help players easily distinguish between neutral and PvE cities. The crime timer extension for neutral cities is also a thoughtful addition that could make the experience more enjoyable for all players.

Last edited:

Haxanmancer

Mar 27, 2022
The problem with "crime" is that it always means murder. Thievery is not yet in the game and when it comes out it will make every city "less safe". The problem i see with "neutral zones" is that the economy of this game would be totally screwed. It is already very, very hard to justify doing anything but griefing around town for gold, since it is the easiest, most viable method of doing so. Taming? You`ll get ganked from behind, mining? you`ll get ganked from behind? fishing? You`ll get ganked from behind. Therefore i think these "neutral towns" would just push 80% of the playerbase to two cities while the rest of the map would be some kind of deathmatch for a few players with somehow unending ressources. Look at the lawless towns " Oh no i get spawncamped!" Yeah you're together with the other people who "only want to do PvP-fights." Great fun, isn't it? I am also very much against player guards. Who would wanna do this? Guard duty is totally boring irl and would be no different here. (edit for grammar since english isn't my first language)
I guess all you can do is pray you don't get ganked from behind.

Reactions: Rahz

Malmsteen

Jul 29, 2022
I hope they dont add anymore player protection mechanics to the game. How dangerous/safe an area is should be dictated by the players/guilds/politics in the area.

Reactions: Haxanmancer

TruthGlass

Mar 24, 2023
There are ways you can stop from getting ganked which is by playing with friends. Like when the game was good My farming trips would be me and two friends generally because back then you had to travel far to farm. Sometimes we would win fight and others we would not, but the adventure was always more valuable than the loot. Those social dynamics have been destroyed though so I get why you struggle with it.

This was a time when people could attack you in cities which was common. So no one was ever completely safe and honestly the wilderness was generally more safe which is how the games dynamics should be. When I am in the forest or jungle my main worry is animals and when in cities it is people. When they remove that dynamic it created this desperate fear I am perfectly safe in the city so why leave which is what people do, and why they had to destroy the social dynamics even more and puting farming places 1 min outside of towns. It is bad development creating more bad development.

There are other crimes if a new player sees something on a body and picks it up or hits some out of curiosity they are going to be teleported somewhere they have never been, or not know how to find a red priest at all which is when they leave the game. These things are what people do naturally to learn the game which is why Mortal Online 2 is a travesty. It use to be a game where you test the boundaries and learn what you can do and more importantly what you could get away with through trial and error. It was a amazing game that was ruined by over development. They put everything on rails and now there is zero exploration. The systems are strictly defined, and because of what I mentioned earlier there is no need to travel for farming. So there is little to no room for personal growth which use to be the games primary progression.

Reactions: Haxanmancer