Neftan's "Posion and Drug Effects" Suggestion

May 29, 2020
Montreal, QC
@Slammington Unchained dont give me that wow crap, i wouldnt be taking part of community discussions on the forums if I didnt enjoy MO...

im not against poisons, i just want it to be balanced and unexploitable.
you're adding a source of unblockable damage, no skill required. whats the point if a very good PVPer is gonna lose to a shit pvper spamming poisons then? the game would not be skill-based anymore.

IMO wether you win in pvp should always be a matter of personal skill not because u got tripple poison stack by a shit-smeared weapon wearing noob and you cant do jack about it :/

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
@Slammington Unchained dont give me that wow crap, i wouldnt be taking part of community discussions on the forums if I didnt enjoy MO...

im not against poisons, i just want it to be balanced and unexploitable.
you're adding a source of unblockable damage, no skill required. whats the point if a very good PVPer is gonna lose to a shit pvper spamming poisons then? the game would not be skill-based anymore.

IMO wether you win in pvp should always be a matter of personal skill not because u got tripple poison stack by a shit-smeared weapon wearing noob and you cant do jack about it :/
The game stopped being skill based the moment Henrik added TC guards, easy to get cronite and spider queen/kurnases as pets. Now, the real skill is figuring out which bullshit cheese build can beat the other bullshit cheese build. Poisons vs kurnases. Fatmage drive bys vs poisons. 3:30 AM ninja sieges vs TC guards. This is the new skill meta. This is MO.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Poison and Alcohol, as well as Nahuat and other implied drugs, were present in MO1. However, they had no effects, not even visually. My suggestions here would make them more advanced and important.

However, as an alternative to these suggestion, I would like to see at the very minimum - VISUAL effects for being drunk or consuming drugs.

Poison and Drug Effects -

• State Altering Compounds should have an effect on gameplay
    • Things like alcohol, plant based drugs
    • These things could produce effects that affect stat points, the visuals, or the control of your character (Or a mix there of)
      • Vision could blur, or have a color filter put over it.
      • PoV could change
      • Etc
    • Not all of these effects are good, there are good and bad
  • Introduce addiction that would heavily influence users
    • How it works
      • The more consumed, the worse the addiction
      • would result in less negative effects when used, more positive effects
      • There would be a limit to this
      • The longer this goes on, the higher tolerance becomes
        • This means more and more of the drug needs to be consumed in order to see the effects
      • After addiction reaches a certain point, you will have withdrawal if not high
      • Withdrawal will lower all stats associated with the drug
      • You would have to suffer for an amount of time relative to your addiction level to break free of it and regain your stats
      • -
  • Poisons should be able to be applied to arrows and weapons
    • Should need to be reapplied every few swings, or on every arrow.
    • The application of such things to your weapons should be a channeled skill with an animation, meaning you would have to become immobile to apply
    • Substantial chance of failure and poisoning yourself, if your character does not have points in Botany or other related Lores that are related to the poison.
      • This would reward people with lores by opening options to utilizing their available poisons
      • It would not be overly viable to abuse as a regular fighting character, or during active combat
  • All poisons are illegal.

Would love to see poison used in larger varieties. Not just for a DoT for health damage, but also some food/drink poisons that dont say they are poisonous if poisoned properly. This could fall with alchemy and a skill, able to craft poisons although, you must learn basic potion and poisons. Or having poisons farther down the line of alchemy and potion making.

Would like to also see different powder poisons being used too. Like sleeping powders, pepper powders, and the lovely coke. Could help those explores just running from fighters or the fighters gaining a "speed" stat buffs.

One thing I would say, if you have poison in a bottle it shouldn't be illegal unless it's on a weapon. Just thinking of how weapons where poisoned before used on their targets soon after. While some poisoned many arrows before war. Having the poison should be fine, having poison on a weapon should turn the weapon into an illegal item though. Could also see poison on weapons taking away durability of the weapon. Only thing for me, it just makes weapons unbalanced vs eachother. A steel axe vs a steel poison axe, poison would have an advantage unless equipping poison would drop min-max damage.

All I wanna do is poison some food/drink and place it in someone bag and watch them eat it. That's all... before it told everyone it was too poisonous to eat.... when it should have said unknown, sense the poison was made from a higher tier item that took knowledgeto even pick. But somehow everyone knew it was poisonous...

Love the post keep em coming!!!