Necromancy wishlist

Springfield_simp

Feb 28, 2022
With necromancy coming, hopefully sooner rather than later, what would you like to see? Personally here are some of my hopes:
1. Not a copy paste of mo1 necromancy
2. Rituals that can be done outside of combat, build a buddy anybody?
3. No spirits as reagents, spiritism is already strong and unique by itself, and I don't want the two to intertwine.

Also a topic of debate is should your zombies scale in stats with int/mental offense? Should they just have a base strength?

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
SV should add or change some spells around and not just carbon copy that shit. Would be cool to see some different spells. I think the main one I'd like changed is the spider boil spell, it was kinda garbage. Would be nice to have more dots added with necromancy. Maybe make spiderboil do more damage over time and add some more dot spells in the tree.

Reactions: Teknique

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I agree that spirits should not be a mainstay reagent of necromancy, it was a big turn off in the previous game and with the current spirit market i'd say it'd be even worse.

Ritualblood being the most common reagent for spells but only obtainable from 1 set of mobs in 1 area of the game is also a big nono. If anything there should be a way to get ritualblood by other means.

SV really should wrap their heads around a new system entirely regarding the reagents, especially if obtaining spells and even the spell lore for necromancy is going to be even remotely as hard as in the first one.

Icegoten

Jun 12, 2020
Assuming they will copy and paste from MO1 I want certain spells to actually work on NPCs.

Disease is supposed to reduce stamina regen decrease creatures movement speed. I don't think NPCs even have stamina but I don't think I ever saw the movement speed decrease.

Mental Leech was supposed to drain mana from your target. I don't think NPCs that cast magic had mana to drain...

Unnerve was a huge one I raged over and reported many times. It's supposed to reduce mana regen and stop creatures from using magic. Well the Elemental Priest would cast magic at you and this spell did nothing against it. I cast this thing so many times on it and it still cast all it's magic like I wasn't doing anything. People argued that the text for the spell said creatures but if it's a creature it doesn't know magic. The only thing I could think that was a creature that would know magic would be the Elemental Mages and it was pointless because they would whip out a sword anyway when you got close to it -_-