My Ideas to Buff the Human Race + Human race specific Build. New Players will create a human as the first character, and shouldn't regret it.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I opened a Thread that discussed the Question, if it would be a good Idea if SV would give us 50-100 more Skillpoints. I totally Changed my opinion on that, after discussing with the other Players about the Balance Problems this would cause.

I had a specific Build in Mind (The Survivalist), i have played in MO1, which was a bit weak, but very much fun and versetile. It just missed some Skillpoints, to be really viable and i found a solution. This could be the first Human race specific Build, that would not work on any other Race.

Every other Race have specific Builds
Ogmir (Mounted Mage/Fatmage/Tank/Fighter) Ogmir can get up to 300 Life
Alvarin (Hybrid/Mage/Dominator) Alvarin can get up to 125 Dex !
Thursar (Moutned Combat + most Damage Bonus) Thursar Kurite can get up to 35 Damage Bonus.
Human (?) Should be an Allrounder and a good swimmer

This build could be a human race Specific Build, which is very versetile, and would new Players not regret picking the Human race, which they will do, becuase the human race look the most beautiful.

Now to my Idea for a human specific Build, and how the Human race could be Buffed, without causing Balance Problems, to add a really awesome new Build into the game, which i have playtested for quite some time in MO1, and i loved it !

To make the Survivalist Build work, the human Race would need to get more Skillpoints, but in Skills, no other Character Build gonna use. The human Race should not get such a high Damage Bonus as the Thursar Krite, but should at least be able to get 121 STR to be able to make Mounted Combat, to make the Survivalist Build work, becuase that would allow him to wield a Cuprum, Bron, Silver or tindremic Messing Sledgehammer, that require 121 Str.

Sledgehammer Bron 46,07 Dmg 46,62 Stam drain 7.63 Kg
Cuprum 41,54 Dmg 45.34 Stam drain 7.39 Kg

The big concern seems to be that more Skillpoints would result in inbalances, that nobody want in MO2. That is the Reason why SV can not give us additional Skillpoints, except as Clay Point Rewards in Skills that no other Build is using, so that the additional Points can´t cause Balance Problems and make the human race specific Survival Build work.

Additional Points in Active regeneration and Swimming can´t cause balance Problems, because that would not lead to the problem, that another Build could save points on their used Skills, and that the additional Skillpoints would allow a Full Fighter and Full Mages to carry Pets with them, which would be Overpowered.

To make this Build work it would be awesome if SV give the human Race the Clay Poit Reward, that Swimming not require Endurence, and that a Human can get 121 Str to wield a proper MC Weapon, without the insane Damage Bonus of a Thursar Kurite.

This Changes would add a new viable Build into the Game !

1.Axe or Hammer 100
2. Endurence 50
3.Sprinting 100
4.Combat manouvering 100
5. Resist Swimming 50
7.Anatomy 100
8.Armor trainning 100
9.Heavy armor trainning 67
10. Survival 50 Blocking 58
11.Controlled Riding 100
12.Mounted combat 80
13. Balance 100
14. Creature Controll 45

+ the secondary Skills

The Chracter have some Drawbacks. He have no agressive Stance, no defencive Stance, low Blocking and no secondary Weaponskill, but can do some Moutned Combat, can fight on Foot, and can escape in the Water, if you get outnumbered, which is perfect for the Tindrem Area, where you meet MC Players and can jump in the Water and swim to the Tindrem Habor.

A normal MC have Vitalism. If his mount get low, he will run away and heal his mount with bandages. This build make Damage from mount, till his horse get low HP, and then continiue to fight on Foot.

The drawback is, that you have to parry, becuase you would get much more damage through your Blocks. He can only use an Inronbone Armor with a Steel Torso (23 KG)

It would be huge, if this build could get 50 Defencive stance, or a second Weaponskill, to be able to fight on the ground with a faster weapon, becuase the Human get additional Points for Axes and Swords.

Humans have always liked to swim, in contrast to orcs and dwarfs, which do not care anout body hygiene.
In my Opinion the additional Heal from Potions should be a human Clay Point Reward, instead of an Ogmir reward.

The Ogmir already have insane Clay Point Rewards. Nightvision, basic resistance against slashing Piercing, Stone Skin, can drink more Potion units, have additional Knockback resistance and can get up to 300 HP !!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Teknique

Skydancer

May 28, 2020
Humans are already balanced. They generally have a larger attribute pool, balanced stat caps, clade gifts that lend to raising either their attributes or attribute maximums and a significant number of gifts which give free skill points in a large number of skills as well as a skill point cap increase gift which has not been implemented

Just to clarify also - your choice of clade/race also mandates your total attribute cap. For example, a Tindremene by default has 44 more attribute points to spend than an Oghmir. That is a significantly higher overall potential and allows humans to be a much more diverse character at any point in time.

An Oghmirs extremely slow skill pool means that altought they have huge attribute caps, they lack the skill pool to really make use of them all at the same time which really limits their versatility. You will struggle with lower attribute skill bonuses, and will be far more difficult to be a hybrid type character as you can't afford to get high mental AND physical stats. You are forced to choose.

Humans do not have this problem

In terms of gifts they get
  • significant boosts to ALL attributes including damage bonus and size
  • free skill points in the following
    • combat manouvering tree
    • Engineering skill tree
    • Riding skill tree
    • magic School skill tree
    • Some kind of boost to lores
    • trade gift(management skill tree?)
    • Pilfering skill tree
    • Anatomy skill tree
  • Bonus to reading speed to help skill up faster, and re-skill into new fields faster
  • increase to maximum skill pool
  • max cap increases to all attributes
  • War Cry
  • Group buff of some kind
  • enhanced meditation and resting ability for less downtime
  • Skill to remove defbuffs
  • reputation related bonuses
  • damage bonus increases
  • resistance to extreme world temperature
For players who want to do a bit of everything, play many combat roles at one time and also have the potential to be competetive (even if not the absolute best) in all combat styles and be able to be competent in a HUGE range of profession skills at the same time, human seems like an amazing pick. I expect even a tindremene who has 90's level base str to be able to get a respectable damage bonus, wield decent weapons(weapons seem to have lower str requirements this time around), be proficient in many spells and be able to master many crafts all in a single build, not mentioning their ability to rapidly respec

Reactions: Rhias

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
henrik said that they are working on the balance and the focus on humans is to be good in everything so that new players cant go wrong when they pick human beings.

Reactions: Xunila

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I personally think that the Human should be a good swimmer, becuase it fit the Playstyle arround Tindrem. Especially the Build i have mentioned above. If you ride to Meduli, you might run into a Group of MC, and it would be nice to be able to escape in the Water, if you get outnumbered and swim to the Habor. Meduli will be a mounted Combat Area, and this is the reason, why i think, that this race should be possible to reach 121 Str to wield a MC Weapon aswell. A true versetile Character not need more Attribute Points, but need to be able to reach the required Caps to make a proper Build with him. 121 Str is required to wield a MC Weapon. If a Character is versetile not depends on the ammount of Attribute Points, but rather on the Skills he choose, and the max Attribute Points.

If you want to play a Hybrid, a Dexfighter or a mage, you will choose the Alvarin, becuase you can reach up to 125 Dex. If you want to play a pure Footfighter, or MC guy, you will choose the Thursar Kurite, becuase of his insane Dmg Bonus, or an Ogmir because of his additional knockdown resistence. The Ogmir can get incredible tanky and can be played as a Fatmage.

I think the Human should not be limited to be played as a Thief, but rather be Swimmer with 121 Str to be able to wield a MC weapon, to make a versetile Build with him.
A Thief would imo better suit to an Alvarin, becuase you are naked, and need to be as fast as possible.

Just mention me one good build, an experianced player would scecificly create a Human Character for. I can´t find one, and the Build i mentioned above could be such a human specific Build. A Build you can transport with, fight on foot, mounted, and be able to swim, even if it have a good ammount of drawbacks. A perfect Character for the new 1 Character Slot Policy.

So far i have only seen 1 guy, who have picked the human, and this only for cosmetic reasons.

Last edited:

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Just to make sure I understood this correctly:
You want humans to be the best mounteds, highest str (, therefore also best archer), best swimmers, and to be able to fight on foot in one build? :D

Edit: Then I'd like to get a race which can foot fight, be a mage, and a beast master all in one. Well, and of cause ride on the beast.

• Haha
Reactions: Skydancer

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
You did defenetly not understood this correctly. I want him to be a versetile Character.

I do not want to make the Human the best MC, or the best Archer, and you play the game long enough to know, that this would not be the case.

I want the human to be the best Character for those Players, that want to play a Hybrid between MC and a Footfighter. (with Hybrid i not mean Hybrid between footfighter and mage) I made my thoghts, which Clay Point Rewards would make the most sense, to give the Human a race specific Build, as all other races have.

To reach 121 Str on a human, if you get stout, only give him the possebility to make a MC Build, without him being the strongest of all races.

That is what the Clay Point Rewards will decide in MO2

The max stats only decide, if you can go for a specific Build, for example wield a MC Weapon, or if you are limited in your options.

121 Str is the requirement to wield a Cuprum, Bron, Silver or tindremic Messing Sledgehammer.

It's not like with Mages, which doesn't get restricted significantly, if they miss a few Points. They can still cast their magic, but a MC guy would not be able to properly wield his weapon.

Would the human be the best MC ?

NO he would not, becuase the Ogmir can skill additional Knockback resistence in his Clay reward Tree, and have a default Slashing and piercing defencive. This is making all the difference, becuase a bashing weapon also deals some slashing damage. Not much, but it can make the difference, if you can get dismounted more easy or not.

The Thursar/Kurite get the highest Damage Bonus.

Would be the Human the best Archer ? No he would not, becuase the Alvarin get the Clay reward, that a Bow need much less Str and is very fast on foot. This make him the best Archer, becuase you can walk backwards as fast, as you can run forward, if this not get patched.
You want to get the highest dex with Marksmanship to get a lot of weakspot hits.

If the human need to be stout, to reach 121 STR he would not be the best Archer at the same time.

If the human could not reach 121 Str, the perfect weapon hilts would need to be common loot, and i think this would be wrong, becuase it would effect other builds and would cause imbalances. Who would drop such an expencive weapon Hilt on a Cuprum weapon ? Would you want to be forced to use tindremic Messing and make the weapon even more expencive, becuase you need to add a perfect weapon Hilt ? Nobody would use such a rare Loot on a Cuprum weapon. Who want to farm forever, wait several days to find a group, to go to the Sator Dungen, to find a perfect weapon Hilt, just to be able to fight. This make no sense to me.

The Build i meantioned above,
is designed to be inexpensive. The character only uses a mediocre horse. He fights on horseback until the horse has a few hitpoints left, then dismount, to continue fighting on foot. The build is designed to carry an Ironbone Armor + a steel Torso.

Last edited:

Godkin Veratas

Jul 3, 2020
You did not understood this correctly. I want him to be a versetile Character.
I do not want to make the Human the best MC, or the best Archer, and you play the game long enough to know, that this would not be the case.

To reach 121 Str on a human, if you get stout, only give him the possebility to make a MC Build, without him being the strongest of all races.

That is what the Clay Point Rewards will decide in MO2

The max stats only decide, if you can go for a specific Build, for example wield a MC Weapon, or if you are limited in your options.

121 Str is the requirement to wield a Cuprum, Bron, Silver or tindremic Messing Sledgehammer.

It's not like with Mages, which doesn't get restricted significantly, if they miss a few Points. They can still cast their magic, but a MC guy would not be able to properly wield his weapon.

Would the human be the best MC ?

NO he would not, becuase the Ogmir can skill additional Knockback resistence in his Clay reward Tree, and have a default Slashing and piercing defencive. This is making all the difference, becuase a bashing weapon also deals slashing damage. Not much, but it can make the difference, if you get dismounted or not.

The Thursar/Kurite get the highest Damage Bonus.

Would be the Human the best Archer ? No he would not, becuase the Alvarin get the Clay reward, that a Bow need much less Str and is very fast on foot.

A lot of this suggestion seems based on MO1 dismount mechanics. It's still unknown if dismount will be the way it was towards the end of MO1 or more like the Awakening/Mount Patch days. I'm really hoping it's closer to Awakening or some other design. If there are tiers of blunt damage needed with 100% dismount chance, and based on armor and mitigation; mounted will be a very restrictive, needlessly expensive and ultimately unfun playstyle, again.

In short, if they managed to unfuck the dismount mechanics, Humans shouldn't need to have super-human strength to be a viable MC.

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
Porting over the mo1 caps I find it funny that Sarducaans have the 3rd best int as the dedicated mage race in lore and have over 100 con while Tindremenes have more int and the worst con stat in the game while theyre mostly shown being knights using plate armor and swords/halberds. Size is supposed to be less impactful in mo2 and I dont really see any hopes of using Tind in builds unless they get a huge attribute point buff again or more base con (91 to 96 or 97?). everything should be viable to the point where you only really need to reroll if its super specific like trying to full mage as a Thursar.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
@Rhias @Anabolic Assman Here is my new version of the cat:
do you guys like it xD.

Lets see what henrik will do. Sry its not ment cruel or anything but its the third 3 in 2 days xD
andykatze3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Alrashid and Xunila

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Plz stop trolling, and rather give the Devs some feedback. As long as noone of the Veterans can mention a single Build, for which a player would select the human race for, the human is unbalanced and superfluous and this is really bad, becuase most new players will select the human race for cosmentic reasons.
If anyone have ideas for a human race specific Build, and which Claid Gifts would be necessary or meaningful to make his idea of an unique build possible, should mention it, and if you are not able to give some feedback, just be quiet.

Several Builds have never been meta and were played very rarely. They missed some Points. This includes the build mentioned above, the hybrid between MM and MC and the hybrid between MM/MA.

Here a cutout of an old post, which talk about the MC Hybrid Builds.

Sec hybrid Style is the" Mounted archery - Mounted mage " MA - MM "

The Mounted archer / Mounted mage is one of the Most Effective builds found in Mortal Online Since they do combine mastery of the art of Magic and Bow , that allow them to target there enemy with a Decent weakspots and are excellent support For a Mounted Crew though there build have some weakness , Since the player gonna be stout in order to increase the strenght this he lose -5 dex so he be a 5 dex only , sadly player will be very Dependable on his horse since its the only thing that can keep him alive , player required to be careful and watch out as other mounters will always attempt to target his mount first or dismount him , this Build is very vulnerable to a MC though not all the time if the player had 100 ecumemical spells for the earthquake he can still attempt to Fight back , personally i played with this build and im pretty satisfied about How it works though this is a build that is not so eazy to Master or understand, yet not so hard its also very effective for farming " pve " . A monster in the battlefield because player can peel off for his fighter its a bit tanky build with some survabillity and do alot of dmg if played corectly though the hardest thing is to Time when to switch from damage to support but you grow better at this with Constant practice .

The build used For a MA - MM is an Oghmir - Huergar / Huergar , 121 str , 5 dex , 110 int , 16 psy 154 cm size at age 30 .

Recominded Gear For an MA/MM ;

ur gonna need gear with weight 6.6 max so u need to chose wisely

Helmet:Lictor (pretty important) if you cant get that a plate scale IMPERATOR will go well

Torso: Lictor if y cant get that the plate scale IMPERATOR Do a bit trick

leggins: lictor if u cant get that , plate scale imperator or sarduccan guard

boots: still lictor or cultist iron silk

rest of armor : bedai hunter blood silk .

the Recominded Bows For an MA/MM

Ranged weapon : A short bow dense crepite/spongewood(for killing horses) or for killing player asymetrical one made from dense crepite/spongewood.

* it is Recommend to player hold a good amount of calamine , water and pyriteat his inventory so he can use the the Earth quake and also do not forget to carry some blunt arrows .

Last the hybrid MC / MM Mounter :

Not much of a different From Common MC though this one Can master both the Blade and the power of magic its the Perfect Build to Stand against a MA -MM chars ,like MA - MM this one offer support at group Fights the best recommend build to Stand against other mounters thought the build itself is hard to master and the play style is much complicated than any other Mounted char , its Considered one of the few builds that even a Long standing member will have a trouble time to understand " it like a dagger Foot fighter , not all Foot players play dagger style or Fist weapons since they need special type of player " .

the hybrid MC - MM is Considered the Most expensive Mounted build in MO at all Since he doesn't only Focus on Weapons and armorers only it does focus on mental skills as well , they use most aggressive spells Vs there opponents specially the Famous Death hand " most preferable spell for mounters , take in note that the MC - MM build will suffer same problem like her Cousin " MA - MM " since he have to go stout and lose more dex that will make him very attached to his horse , its also recommend for that build to save his mana and not try using Earth quick spell since he can already use his weapon to Dismount " unless of-course player weapon doesn't have blunt damage " , its recommend For that build to avoid direct attacks " specially magic ones " he is very Venerable to a MM since his physe offer low Def though his training could help him but not as effective as a Fat mage charter so best for him is 2 dismount and kill the mage as Faster as they can , also a charter like this wont have a Full heavy armor training " simply not enough points so he have to go for the Light armors or medium one best of all a Lictor sets " .

the Perfect build and gear for a hybrid MC/MM ;

its Recommend use the oghmir build with 121 str 168 cm (the 110 int its angelic)

All his gear Torso , logging , Hands , helm will be a lictor sets ist also Recommend he get some khurite wings will look cool on him ,as for sholders he want bedai hunter mostly .

the reason he need that much lictor is for more mana regeneration , specially the wings .

Side Note " the farming section " ;

if a player wants to use a Mounted charter its recommend he use an MA Farmer

the build will be a Oghmir/huergar-huergar 30 years 172 cm

nothing really expensive or interested about it its a good start for beginners in Mounted gaming style Recommend armors to use is a 3 piece direptor horned scale or plate scale and rest of them should be iron silk cultist armor "if y farming sarducca" while if u are farming myrland go for 4 piece direptor ironbone/silk (torso helmet leggings and the boots) and rest of them iron silk - or silk cultist or bedai .

Last edited:

Skydancer

May 28, 2020
A lack of creativity, ability or willingness to find a way to play any particular race is not a balance issue. Your hypothesis that you need min-maxed stats to have a competitive and fun build is a demonstration of this and is not something that warrants special consideration.

I guarantee you that over time you will see excellent barbarians, warriors, paladins, rogues, magicians and an infinite number of other archetypes in the game of ALL races. And this is saying nothing of how to balance your combat with your professions. If the game can facilitate this and you do not see it, then the playerbase lacks creativity and wants to be herded into their pen by a handful of 'guide' creators or authorities without thinking for themselves and there is nothing wrong with that for people who do not want to think.

What I see you trying to get at is that you want a mounted combat specialist (someone who can use the most powerful weapons) who is also proficient in other things (a versatile generalist)

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Be versatile, or be specialized, but don't be both. If you can't find a way to build a human that fits your preferred playstyle I think the problem lies in your mindset more than the game. Nothing about 121 str might let you carry a lot of weapons and armor and is arguably a very valuable thing, but versatility is what lets you do the most. What is the opportunity cost? What do you sacrifice for that extreme strength? Movement speed? Magical ability? Crafting ability? Extreme stats come at the cost of versatility.

Versatile to me means something which is capable of fulfilling many different roles. If you look at the attribute pools and caps of humans along with their gifts this is exactly what they are. It's up to the individual to decide that they value and how to build around that. Nothing of what you say has anything to do with a versatile character to me and so I will immediately dismiss any of it as something worthy of remembering in favor of more valuable knowledge.

I've played a lot of MMO's and RPGs and something I have learned is that there are a lot of crappy guides out there with tunnel vision and a simplistic elitist view of 'good' they they just aren't worth my time.

These are the last pearls I shall cast here. Good luck in your endeavors.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
wait for the next patch to build builds when they add all missing clades, fix the bugs and maybe balance changes.

Reactions: Xunila

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Plz stop trolling, and rather give the Devs some feedback. As long as noone of the Veterans can mention a single Build, for which a player would select the human race for, the human is unbalanced and superfluous and this is really bad, becuase most new players will select the human race for cosmentic reasons.
Hybrid, Psy Fighter, Paladin or (foot-) mage.
For the first 3 builds it's human vs alvarin. But humans got more damage bonus than alvarin, and also more attribute points.
Mage: Oghmir mage has the highest int, but low dex. Alvarin mage got high dex, but only decent int. Human mage got more int & psy than alvarin, and is faster than an oghmir.

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
lets make not having an in game map, a thing again. I travel way better without it. Once Ive memorized it, i going to make tactical mistakes.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Hybrid, Psy Fighter, Paladin or (foot-) mage.
For the first 3 builds it's human vs alvarin. But humans got more damage bonus than alvarin, and also more attribute points.
Mage: Oghmir mage has the highest int, but low dex. Alvarin mage got high dex, but only decent int. Human mage got more int & psy than alvarin, and is faster than an oghmir.

At least some use for the Human, but he should not be limited to play as a Hybrid. The human will for sure be less vurnerable to mindblast as the Alvarin Hybrids, or Thursar Kurite Footfighters, becuase he have some more attribute Points.
the Alvarin Hybrids will have a bit more Max speed, and the Rhursar/Kurite Footfighter will have more Damage Bonus.

There seems to be some use for the Human, bit i still think, hat more Attribute Points will not make the Human a true versetile Race. I hope that he can go mounted aswell, if a Player will choose the proper Parents. I would not mind, if he would have lower Dex, but one combination of parents, in combination with the proper Age should give you 121 Srt to be able to wield a MC Weapon.

So that a new Player can reroll his Stats, and not have to deleate his Character, if he want to try out a MC Character, becuase he have changed the region, or joined a Guild which focus on MC.

It will take a long time to farm those Claid Points, and it would hurt to delete your Character, if you want to try a new Build.

As Godkin Veratas wrote. Changing the dismount mechanics, and the Str requirements for the MC weapons could fix this Problem in MO2 aswell.

The Str Equirements for a weapon on a mount could for excemple be 180 % in Mo2, instead of 200 % more as in MO1, so that the Human can wield a MC Weapon.

Last edited: