Murder Reporting Not Available on Priest

Nov 29, 2020
I have no murder count (0), and did not initiate any attack, yet still twice already when I got jumped mining, I did not get the option to report the murders. This happened twice. For both I selected Nearest Priest and then I went back to Meduli. Bug? Or a mechanic I am not understanding.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Are you sure they went grey when attacking you? They didnt push you off a cliff or anything? Also did you res right away, or were you afk and a bunch of time passed after you died? Do you have the names of who killed you in your chat window?

If it was the same person and you are totally sure he went grey when attacking you, then i would report them. Sounds like either a bug or an exploit.

Nov 29, 2020
They killed on the spot. They did not push me off a cliff.
I rezzed about less than a minute after I typed to my guild chat I got murdered and to alert them. Checked the attack logs screenshot, I did not hit them by accident or in any way. Selected rezzed to nearest priestm (Meduli).

Not the same person, two different pkillers. I got the last name of the pkiller today, Honsju. If it is within game mechanics, fair game.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Well that does sound pretty suspect to me. I would report it anyways as a bug and write down those players names. If they are exploiting they will do it again. Then you, or your guildies, can report them.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Theres currently a reported bug, that we tought it was fixed but it ain't, which is switching nodes while death would possibly turn off the report option.
It is the closest thing to lawless wilderness in the game, bug been there for quite some while already and not many mentioned it on the forums.
To be honest it is the way it should, but i don't think its intentional :3

• Haha
Reactions: CrgHck

Daragorn

Feb 6, 2022
Has exactly the same happening to me yesterday at the jungle entrance. Two PK attacked me, i just sat down and let them kill me, then when i ressed i couldn't report them (and yes, they placed themselves right after the node change, so probably they have been exploiting this bug)

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Has exactly the same happening to me yesterday at the jungle entrance. Two PK attacked me, i just sat down and let them kill me, then when i ressed i couldn't report them (and yes, they placed themselves right after the node change, so probably they have been exploiting this bug)
Multiple nodes in that area, people don't exploit this they just play.

Daragorn

Feb 6, 2022
When people position themselves right behind a node change, i highly doubt they're not trying to "abuse" of that known bug tbh.
It's not an exploit indeed since they are not doing anything active (supposedly at least) to trigger it, but i doubt the choice of the place to attack people is casual :-D

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
When people position themselves right behind a node change, i highly doubt they're not trying to "abuse" of that known bug tbh.
It's not an exploit indeed since they are not doing anything active (supposedly at least) to trigger it, but i doubt the choice of the place to attack people is casual :-D

Well yeah they might be taking advantage of the loading time of nodelines but thats just a design flaw, they are just playing the game. Now it doesn't matter where you are past the priest's node, aslong as you are 1 node away from the ressing priest you won't be able to report. In that case, they are ain't exploiting anything they are just playing the game.

D

Deleted member 44

There is some exploit to avoid MC that I haven't figured out yet. Koto did this to me on a brand new character. They killed me outside of town, I hit nearest priest and I couldn't give a MC. The players went grey and everything. I don't think it's node related as for me it was only 50 ft from town.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Did you hit attack a grey that attacked someone else? Because if you attack a grey that didnt not attack you first then you both become local grey to each other and there is no crime to MC.

Nov 29, 2020
Just happened again. Submitted a ticket again. I don't think it's intentional but if these murderers are realizing they are immune to murder counts then what can be done atm?

Daragorn

Feb 6, 2022
and today happened again, and it had nothing to do neither with the "home" button after death, nor the node lines...i was killed right outside of bakti, runned back to priest, and could not report the murdered...the game is getting better everyday....

Weathermore

Apr 5, 2021
I have no murder count (0), and did not initiate any attack, yet still twice already when I got jumped mining, I did not get the option to report the murders. This happened twice. For both I selected Nearest Priest and then I went back to Meduli. Bug? Or a mechanic I am not understanding.

If you do any sort of teleport it will cancel murder report. It's stupid, I know. Run to priest and you should be able to report, unless you are not right near town, which is another bug.

I totally agree that the murder report should work 100% of the time, I just don't think it's something that is even on the devs radar.

Daragorn

Feb 6, 2022
as i said, i ran to the priest, so no, it's not related to the teleporting...it just simply don't work most of the time now

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I think the latest patch introduced something that shouldn't have been there. Not being able to report a murder at a blue priest is very odd.

Also, how one gets to the priest does not affect your ability to report a murder as far as I know. Whenever I hit teleport to priest I can still report the murder as usual. Before this patch, that is.

It is clearly a bug that is causing this.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I think the latest patch introduced something that shouldn't have been there. Not being able to report a murder at a blue priest is very odd.

Also, how one gets to the priest does not affect your ability to report a murder as far as I know. Whenever I hit teleport to priest I can still report the murder as usual. Before this patch, that is.

It is clearly a bug that is causing this.
It used to matter if you homepreist but now you can homepriest and mc again which is prob not intended.

Daragorn

Feb 6, 2022
It changed in the patch if you read the notes. You can no longer report murders at red priests .Before the patch you could report a murder at any priest.
I still havent seen any explanation as to why 16 priests at keeps were removed either.
in my case it was the blue priest of bakti, i ran back to it and nothing, i couldn't report....second time i teleported back and even in that case no report....so no, it is definitely more bugged now than before the patch