Murder Counts / Cool Down Timers

Rankor

May 28, 2020
Texas
www.youtube.com
Murderers should remain grey to the person reporting, regardless of murder count number, until the victim decides otherwise. Kinda stupid that a player can be killed, go to a town priest nearby, re-gear to "go get some revenge"....only to find out they can't because the murderer is already blue and in town with your spoils.

Adding something like targeting the "killer" and typing /forgive will reset the flag.

Reactions: Hodo

Dial

Jul 4, 2020
This is just a very rough idea, but, what if someone who murders you is locally flagged for a couple of hours (offline time), to both you and your guild. Then, if anyone in your guild strikes that player, both guilds become local flagged to each other until that original timer expires within the region where that retaliation occured. No guards, just pvp and player intervention. I haven't fully thought this out, which is why I was just curious about getting community feedback, but I think this would have some pretty immediate consequences: 1) Less murder counts handed out during guild v guild conflicts, 2) more pvp, and 3) People who want to rpk around towns will actually have to consider things like the guild population of the town and the risks of committing a crime. I feel like this would be more fun for everyone involved, including the victim, since it promotes fighting back and grouping up, but I havent considered loopholes much yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rankor

Rankor

May 28, 2020
Texas
www.youtube.com
This is just a very rough idea, but, what if someone who murders you is locally flagged for a couple of hours (offline time), to both you and your guild. Then, if anyone in your guild strikes that player, both guilds become local flagged to each other until that original timer expires within the region where that retaliation occured. No guards, just pvp and player intervention. I haven't fully thought this out, which is why I was just curious about getting community feedback, but I think this would have some pretty immediate consequences: 1) Less murder counts handed out during guild v guild conflicts, 2) more pvp, and 3) People who want to rpk around towns will actually have to consider things like the guild population of the town and the risks of committing a crime. I feel like this would be more fun for everyone involved, including the victim, since it promotes fighting back and grouping up, but I havent considered loopholes much yet.
Thats a good start. We need some way to balance out the timer/flag issue.

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
Murderers should remain grey to the person reporting, regardless of murder count number, until the victim decides otherwise. Kinda stupid that a player can be killed, go to a town priest nearby, re-gear to "go get some revenge"....only to find out they can't because the murderer is already blue and in town with your spoils.

Adding something like targeting the "killer" and typing /forgive will reset the flag.
much easier method

Killer gets marked local grey for an hour or until killed by player.
Player can attack killer without getting rep loss or murder count.
If player attacks killer in or near town, guards will attack and rep loss will happen.

But i also think that when you attack a murderer they should go local and the player shouldnt be untagged from blue.*because you saw him in another town stealing and killing and know who he is here*

That would make "your name means something" idea do something more meaningful.