Mounted Combat

wethemboys

May 27, 2021
How does this work? I assume the mounted combat skill allows your damage to increase just like the mounted archery skill...

but how does mounted charge work ?

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
Mounted charge is the skill that actually increases your damage attacking from a mount, and if like original game velocity will further increase the dmg you do.

Thiar

Nov 24, 2020
I'm curious, if you only have 100 riding (i think its secondary skill?) what changes mounted combat skills will do with melee and archery. Only damage or some stamina reductions aswell? Can you do any damage with archery without mounted archery for example? Can you even use weapons while riding without mounted combat skills?

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
I'm curious, if you only have 100 riding (i think its secondary skill?) what changes mounted combat skills will do with melee and archery. Only damage or some stamina reductions aswell? Can you do any damage with archery without mounted archery for example? Can you even use weapons while riding without mounted combat skills?
it increases damage, and yes you can use them without the skill but they will do tiny amounts of damage. I learned the skill by doing it last night and did 4-6 damage a hit with a cuprum sword lol

Reactions: Thiar

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
I think that you have to have controlled riding, which is a primary, before you can unlock mounted combat, as well.

Thiar

Nov 24, 2020
I think that you have to have controlled riding, which is a primary, before you can unlock mounted combat, as well.

So basically if you want to fight on mount you have to spend atleast 200 primary skill points to do so (controlled riding and mounted combat) and 100 more if you want to shoot bows on mount? I guess archery works the same on mount that you will only do very small amounts of damage if you dont have mounted archery primary skill?

May 28, 2020
So basically if you want to fight on mount you have to spend atleast 200 primary skill points to do so (controlled riding and mounted combat) and 100 more if you want to shoot bows on mount? I guess archery works the same on mount that you will only do very small amounts of damage if you dont have mounted archery primary skill?
Yeah archery without mounted archery does near 0 damage.

Reactions: Tzone and Thiar

Thiar

Nov 24, 2020
Thank you all for your answers. Its very helpful for new MO players like me.

Sorry OP for going little bit offtopic but how about magic users with mounts. Do you need controlled riding for anything else other than "unlocking" melee/ranged combat or is it gonna help you when fighting as magic user on mount?

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Thank you all for your answers. Its very helpful for new MO players like me.

Sorry OP for going little bit offtopic but how about magic users with mounts. Do you need controlled riding for anything else other than "unlocking" melee/ranged combat or is it gonna help you when fighting as magic user on mount?
You need controlled riding in order to unlock swift riding, which lets you ride much faster. I am not sure it works in the game yet as I haven't tried it.

Arfy

Nov 28, 2020
Australia
Controlled and swift riding are working in game atm A magic user doesnt need any of the mounted skills for combat .
How ever it does take a good deal longer to precast the spells while mounted and im not aware of any skill that can reduce this .

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
Controlled and swift riding are working in game atm A magic user doesnt need any of the mounted skills for combat .
How ever it does take a good deal longer to precast the spells while mounted and im not aware of any skill that can reduce this .
I feel like mounted mage should have to pick up an extra primary like other mounted combatants do, but that's probably because I hate mounted mage, and have no real opinion on whether that's balanced or not. Also not sure it's a good idea to lower those mounted cast times back to normal via a primary

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
I feel like mounted mage should have to pick up an extra primary like other mounted combatants do, but that's probably because I hate mounted mage, and have no real opinion on whether that's balanced or not. Also not sure it's a good idea to lower those mounted cast times back to normal via a primary
I would 100% pick up 100 points in a Primary for mounted magic if it would let me cast spells in the normal time instead of double cast time.

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
I would 100% pick up 100 points in a Primary for mounted magic if it would let me cast spells in the normal time instead of double cast time.
I'm sure most who just pure mage would because they have the points to do so, I'm not sure it's balanced or not...mostly thinking of fatties

Arfy

Nov 28, 2020
Australia
keep in mind the mage also cant change direction or speed while casting becoming a sitting duck for a good MA or MC for that matter .

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
That absolutely would not be balanced.
If you're saying regular cast times on mount via primary I think you're right, particularly because of fatties, I was more trying to think of what a mounted magery primary would do is all.

Having it function exactly like MC MA primaries is the other option that'd make more sense from a balance perspective. Mostly it just makes sense in my mind that mages shouldn't get free mounted fighting skills when the other types have to invest in a primary to do so, which is particularly unbalanced because both MA and MC have to have a much tighter allocation of primary choices for the role but any mage with any build can do it for free.

Arfy

Nov 28, 2020
Australia
why change it ? the current situation is a mage fat or not has to ride in a straight line at the same speed for the duration of a very long precast if an MA or MC cant avoid that and potentially get a number of their own attacks in during that time somebody isnt trying .