Most helpful steam review comments claiming guilds require proof of ethnicity?

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
that's why I am/was putting in work on steam MOfo but it's pretty dead now. People are trying to mess w/ it, and the wack reviews are a joke, but whatever. It could all be planned, the whole, ehh, glad u let me know! But I'll take talking w/ someone back and forth until they are like yea I'll give it a shot. lol the thing is, there aren't that many people like that there anymore, prol cuz of rampant toxicity, but it still feels good to go in and go what ya can.

Still, people have to be boosting reviews like that. Some people got griefed out of MO so hard they probably are still holding that L. haha.

That's very true that it's pretty easy to manipulate Steam reviews, especially for smaller games (take a look at what happened to Devotion, made by a Taiwanese developer who had hidden assets making from of China's leader, review bombed into obscurity). Hopefully on the actual game release, when reviews matter there'll be enough new people checking it out that legit reviews will raise to the top.

Kalistair

May 28, 2020
I don't know, man. If someone shares some of that Sidoian lore with the wrong people then Star Vault's gonna wake up one day with their name on the front page of Kotaku. A terrifying thought, I know. SV needs to take a stand and show just how unprejudiced they are. I propose a National Thursar Awareness month where we spend a whole month in the GK area learning about and having sleepovers with the Risar Horde.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
That's very true that it's pretty easy to manipulate Steam reviews, especially for smaller games (take a look at what happened to Devotion, made by a Taiwanese developer who had hidden assets making from of China's leader, review bombed into obscurity). Hopefully on the actual game release, when reviews matter there'll be enough new people checking it out that legit reviews will raise to the top.

As long as it's there and it's not trash, it will grow. MO1 steam release was so badly orchestrated if they can just keep the game online this time, they should be fine.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
I'd like to point out an example as to why steam platform is a useless source for forum discussions & reviews an how it thanks to the steam employed moderators that are absolutely trash at doing their job.

This a post I made as a reply to someone who was shit posting PSO2 NG because they personal felt that the game shouldn't exist because they say so. For some reason steam mods flagged my post as insulting an issued a 20 day ban on me preventing me from posting on the PSO2 NG forums an a full 24 hour ban on my account. The person I quoted "imaogg" is to this day on the PSO2 NG forums shit posting the game 24/7.

Idk what world the steam moderators live in but their idea of preventing toxicity is completely fucked an clearly not working on multiple levels. Especially their review system that allows people to buy a game, press the play button, close the game a second later, this than let them review the game with some BS fake negative review, than they request a refund an get their money back. Like what why can you post a review on a game just by having it opened on your computer once for 1 second than let people refund the game right afterward?

So when people base any discussion using a steam review or post as a source I just lol. The steam forums are for man child who need a place to stroke their tiny egos, and over 50% of steam reviews are literal memes.

Last edited:

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Too much derailing from the OP, the heart of which is:
This in itself is very interesting, how a negative review which many people who've played the game doesn't feel represents it can be voted most helpful, but what I wanted to point out is that among the 93 comments on the review are two pretty concerning ones:

Screenshot 2021-12-28 223538.png

They were both posted within 12 hours of each other, and both claim "major guilds" are requiring photo verification of ethnicity, and that GMs are being kicked and banned for notifying about it.

Hopefully people who know me on here know that I'm trying to start drama or something, I'm legitimately concerned and want to bring it to the community/SV's attention. This is a pretty serious claim and if true, requires Star Vault's action (even in a beta) and if false, is about as close to slander as I can imagine (saying the entire game is a horror/scam and needs to be removed immediately from Steam).

Those posts should be enough to make anyone's bullshit detector go off at 90 decibels. They're naming the game as responsible for what unnamed guilds do. If they had legitimate (provable) complaints, they'd name the guilds. They don't. It's a targeted attack on SV.

And of course that a guild or guilds do this ethnic sorting is possible, and even likely (because the gaming hobby is part of the big internet of 'do-as-you-please'). It's just irrelevant to Star Vault, with or without statements of condemnation (which, like loyalty oaths, shouldn't be required).

The issue here is obviously with Steam for not provideing customer and associate service in the form of moderation of reviews that go oever the line into misleading slander of a game studio based on nothing that's shown.

As for guilds that set requirements or standards that others find bad, that's a good reason for prospects who don't like that style of selection to NOT JOIN those guilds. I imagine that being allowed into a guild that actually harboured a lot of despite for you or people you care about would be as bad an experience or a worse experience than being rejected.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I'd like to point out an example as to why steam platform is a useless source for forum discussions & reviews an how it thanks to the steam employed moderators that are absolutely trash at doing their job.

This a post I made as a reply to someone who was shit posting PSO2 NG because they personal felt that the game shouldn't exist because they say so. For some reason steam mods flagged my post as insulting an issued a 20 day ban on me preventing me from posting on the PSO2 NG forums an a full 24 hour ban on my account. The person I quoted "imaogg" is to this day on the PSO2 NG forums shit posting the game 24/7.

Idk what world the steam moderators live in but their idea of preventing toxicity is completely fucked an clearly not working on multiple levels. Especially their review system that allows people to buy a game, press the play button, close the game a second later, this than let them review the game with some BS fake negative review, than they request a refund an get their money back. Like what why can you post a review on a game just by having it opened on your computer once for 1 second than let people refund the game right afterward?

So when people base any discussion using a steam review or post as a source I just lol. The steam forums are for man child who need a place to stroke their tiny egos, and over 50% of steam reviews are literal memes.

That's why I said we need more level headed doods over on steam because there are some toxic, including toxic white knight level, people who populate it and it's giving our 'community,' altho I can't really say our ahaha.... but it's giving the MO community a really bad look.

@Naj I was just about to wonder if you were still alive!