Mortal Online 2 needs a temporary death protection for when you get randomly disconnected from the game

Holypimp

Jun 2, 2020
Title says

It just happened to me while farming Risars.

Casually farming risars, having fun, get disconnected (At this point I don't know if the server just crashed or it's me who got disconnected) Log back in, dead.

Star Vault, your concept of a dangerous world must not include dying to AI BECAUSE of Disconnects.

A bug this critical can not be inside your game when you start pushing it to a wider audience.

If I am this tilted, imagine how new players will feel when it happens to them?

This will make any new player rage quit and never look at your game ever again.

If you can't fix random disconnects due to variables out of your control, at least add some form of temporary protection that makes you immune to AI, until the game registers that you've logged back in.

Make it so that it doesn't activate inside dungeons or whatever, so that players can not abuse that temporary protection, and make it that players can still hit the disconnected player so that PvP people can not exploit it.

For people who are wary of this being exploitable, if Star Vault codes it right, it won't be. And if their server can't differentiate an unintentional disconnect from an actual exploit attempt, then Star Vault has no right being in the business.

It's really not hard to implement, and it will save a lot of frustrations for everyone in the long run.

Add this to your Project Polish todo list or see Mortal Online 2 fail as hard as Mortal Online 1 did.

Mark my words

Last edited:
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
used to happen to me a lot with my game freezing. Would lead to some stupid scenario like game freezes, die, pet bear dies, run back, find someone killed my horse while away and took my stuff

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Make it so that it doesn't protect you from fall damage then

in a lot of cases, you'd be dead and surrounded by AI before you even fully logged in. OR you could just crash your client and de-aggro when you are about to die. Like I said, I'm pretty sure I could come up w/ an exploit for every situation. That's why they decided not to res horses, not cuz IT WASN'T FUCKING WACK TO PLAY LEGIT AND LOSE YOUR MOUNT TO SOME BS, but because people exploited it.

And yea I've crashed and died. I even crashed and died riding by Bakti GY in MO1. Imagine getting eaten by zombies, that's how long it took to get back in. "Your acct is already logged in!" Oh ghost mode.

Melkhia

Apr 2, 2022
Title says

It just happened to me while farming Risars.

Casually farming risars, having fun, get disconnected (At this point I don't know if the server just crashed or it's me who got disconnected) Log back in, dead.

Star Vault, your concept of a dangerous world must not include dying to AI BECAUSE of Disconnects.

A bug this critical can not be inside your game when you start pushing it to a wider audience.

If I am this tilted, imagine how new players will feel when it happens to them?

This will make any new player rage quit and never look at your game ever again.

If you can't fix random disconnects due to variables out of your control, at least add some form of temporary protection that makes you immune to AI, until the game registers that you've logged back in.

Make it so that it doesn't activate inside dungeons or whatever, so that players can not abuse that temporary protection, and make it that players can still hit the disconnected player so that PvP people can not exploit it.

It's really not hard to implement, and it will save a lot of frustrations for everyone in the long run.

Add this to your Project Polish todo list or see Mortal Online 2 fail as hard as Mortal Online 1 did.

Mark my words
I'm on board with the theory, but they would have to disable the aggro too if they would get you invincible for a period of time.
Imagine someone abusing the system by getting all the aggro, altF4 (wtv how you want to disconnect yourself), and getting an invulnerable buff while is team do the stuff.
I'm sure people would get really creative.
Instead, players could be sent in the etherworld, so at the mercy of other spiritist players, spirits and stuff maybe, but out of sight for "normal" ai. (would also fit the lore better),
(edit : but yeah all the loot lost while entering the etherworld... bad idea)

Holypimp

Jun 2, 2020
What happened to me was not a client crash, it was a disconnect from the server... first time it happened in the year and a half I played this spaghetti code game.. while farming risars... it had to be when I was farming risars of course!!!!!

They can differentiate an unintentional disconnect from an actual exploit attempt.

Again, mark my words! If getting disconnected and dying to AI BY NO FAULT OF THE PLAYER is not fixed before they advertise the game to a wider audience, it will be launch all over again. Big interest at first, even bigger loss in active players after a couple weeks.

Crashing on nodelines and losing pets, or skills and stats, or getting disconnected while farming mobs and logging back to being dead is completely unacceptable and will lead to the death of this game.

I can not believe people are accepting this like it's normal.

It will be mortal online 1 all over again where the same 60 people fight each other and don't do anything else because it is simply too bugged and frustrating to play.

See you in MO3

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
What happened to me was not a client crash, it was a disconnect from the server... first time it happened in the year and a half I played this spaghetti code game.. while farming risars... it had to be when I was farming risars of course!!!!!

They can differentiate an unintentional disconnect from an actual exploit attempt.

Again, mark my words! If getting disconnected and dying to AI BY NO FAULT OF THE PLAYER is not fixed before they advertise the game to a wider audience, it will be launch all over again. Big interest at first, even bigger loss in active players after a couple weeks.

Crashing on nodelines and losing pets, or skills and stats, or getting disconnected while farming mobs and logging back to being dead is completely unacceptable and will lead to the death of this game.

It will be mortal online 1 all over again where the same 60 people fight each other and don't do anything else because it is simply too bugged and frustrating to play.

See you in MO3

So you're telling me the server, which is just reading the incoming packet data can tell the difference between you losing connection by internet outage and you just cycling your router? If it can that is magic code right there because I dont know one server that can tell the difference between a legit internet outage and someone just pulling the cord on the router or using a program to disconnect or even an Alt-F4.

Melkhia

Apr 2, 2022

Indeed, where I work, a build would not be sent in a state like that, but I guess it's a "privilege" that come with a self published title(and it's bad).