Mortal Online 2 Hybrid Paladin Alvarin Veela-Build

Elenabel

Feb 28, 2022
Hi.

It's my first time playing Mortal Online, so I got a lot of questions about creating my first character.

I know normally humans are preferred for Hybrid Paladins, but I like Alvarins more (I hate humans...lol) and for me the most important thing is to have a speedy / fast character, so I really prefer Alvarin - even it's harder to play - I know.
I want an fast footie / so a high foot speed and a small hitbox.

My build should look like this: can I play it that way?

Screenshot 2022-03-01 at 04-50-06 MortalData Character Builder for Mortal Online 2.png

here is the link:
https://mortaldata.com?character=5633632551311507456

Please have a look at it (I didn't set up the skills yet, my sample was the human paladin). I'm very unsure what damage I should do with this as main damage dealer - I would prefer sword or axe - but bow archery would be better because of the low strenght, isn't it? Magic will also be very weak - but I could play it with magic, if I run out of mana, I switch to bow or go into melee with sword or axe, and because of the speed, I could flee at everytime if I'm at low HP - which will probably happen quiet often....

And I would like to wear light or normal armor, not heavy ones. By the way does wearing armor weight have an impact on speed?

Any suggestions? Thanks a lot!!!!

edit:
I read something about changing int and its impact. Did this already happen? Something with 50 and 100 int. What did change there?
Did other changes happen so far, which will make this build even more weak?
Could I also decide for spears? WHat about shields? Are thesy also possible with a 1H-weapon?

edit 2:
based on this chara https://mortaldata.com?character=6991455195620179968 and this first chara from the guide https://www.mortalonline2.com/forums/threads/new-player-quick-start-guide.3252/

edit3:
maybe I should increase the dex more, so it won't be that much allrounder anymore and more specific in being fast? with a speed of 423?

Last edited:

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
edit:
I read something about changing int and its impact. Did this already happen? Something with 50 and 100 int. What did change there?
Did other changes happen so far, which will make this build even more weak?
Could I also decide for spears? WHat about shields? Are thesy also possible with a 1H-weapon?
before effect only started increasing after 100 int but now the curve is more linear so your 90 int is more viable or at least its not the same as 50.

edit: you can look at clade gifts on mortal data as well

Reactions: Elenabel

Rhias

May 28, 2020
For hybrids use a Sheevra and no veela. Sheevra got more total attribute points.
For Alvarin go with age 31. They've got a clade gift that reduces the age penalty and there is no reason to go below 31.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
With 80+ str you can basically play any weapon, expect maybe some heavy poleaxes.
Magic is mostly ranged combat, so I don't see why you would want to mix it with a bow (so 2 ranged fighting styles).
Better go with a meele weapon.

Edit: Bow damage scales with str and not with dex.

Elenabel

Feb 28, 2022
before effect only started increasing after 100 int but now the curve is more linear so your 90 int is more viable or at least its not the same as 50. edit: you can look at clade gifts on mortal data as well
Yea, meanwhile I saw some graphics with nearly no difference between 50 and 100. thx! I already built in the clade gifts?!?? Can't you see them?
For hybrids use a Sheevra and no veela. Sheevra got more total attribute points. For Alvarin go with age 31. They've got a clade gift that reduces the age penalty and there is no reason to go below 31.
I just saw a difference for more int and phsy, but less dex, so I preferred Veela? I also tested age 31 and 38. It's 3 max int more, but 1 dex less, so I preferred 23..? Is that wrong?

With 80+ str you can basically play any weapon, expect maybe some heavy poleaxes.
Magic is mostly ranged combat, so I don't see why you would want to mix it with a bow (so 2 ranged fighting styles).
Better go with a meele weapon.

Edit: Bow damage scales with str and not with dex.
Ok, big thanks. I just thought because of the glade gifts for bow of the Alvarin, but thanks for motivate me, because in fact I don't want to play a bow archer 🙈
So should I reduce str more and put in int then?

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I also tested age 31 and 38. It's 3 max int more, but 1 dex less, so I preferred 23..? Is that wrong?
Only without the Age clade gift. With it the dex will be the same.

Sheevra got in total 8 more attribute points then Veela. Which means 8 more int or str... But true, max dex is lower
So should I reduce str more and put in int then?

I guess that depends on how magic-focused you want to be.
I have seen both:
1) Max Str, Max Dex, Max Con, rest Int
2) Max Int, Max Dex, Max Con, rest Str

Elenabel

Feb 28, 2022
Only without the Age clade gift. With it the dex will be the same.

Sheevra got in total 8 more attribute points then Veela. Which means 8 more int or str... But true, max dex is lower

I guess that depends on how magic-focused you want to be.
I have seen both:
1) Max Str, Max Dex, Max Con, rest Int
2) Max Int, Max Dex, Max Con, rest Str

I really can't find the difference, does mortaldata.com not show it ??? Because I already chose the age clade gift...

age 23
age 31
age 38

Can you see it?

------------

Ok, thanks for the advice with Sheevra. I will set this up!

edit: What about the armour-thing? Does the weight of heavy armour affect my speed adversely / worse?

Rhias

May 28, 2020
edit: What about the armour-thing? Does the weight of heavy armour affect my speed adversely / worse?
No, it only has a minor impact on stamina drain. And a major impact on mana regeneration...

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I really can't find the difference, does mortaldata.com not show it ??? Because I already chose the age clade gift...

age 23
age 31
age 38

Can you see it?
Age 23:
1646152907635.png
Age 31:
1646152931098.png

It impacts the max dex. And usually you want on all characters the max. dex (expect maybe some rare mounted cases).

Elenabel

Feb 28, 2022
Age 23:
View attachment 3714
Age 31:
View attachment 3715

It impacts the max dex. And usually you want on all characters the max. dex (expect maybe some rare mounted cases).

What's the difference between this 120 (Age 23) and on the right side (calculated stats) it says 115 Dex max?
Same with Age 31, it says 121 (your mark) and on the right side it says 116 max?

I played a little bit around with the values, and with Sheeva I would chose Age 38, do you agree? Because I would have the possibility to get a max Str of 90, with age 31 it's 89.... 90 sounds like a cap, but you already wrote 80 is enough? So better more Dex and Int with age 31...?

Screenshot 2022-03-01 at 17-55-36 MortalData Character Builder for Mortal Online 2.png

here the links:

Age 31, Veela

Age 38, Sheeva

The only disadvantage I have to live with now is the complete dark black look of Sheeva...lol

Last edited:

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Go 100% str dext and con every time. If you want more mana drop height, and use sheev over veela. Low dext ruins being an alv. Dropped str just shits on your damage bonus making melee garbage, when everyone else has high damage bonus. con gives hp and stam, you cant mage heal when ur dead. Also str dext and con all give stam, so you want max stam. And Full sheeve is still so much faster than any other race besides veela, due to the amazing % speed clade gifts. If you want good mana go min height 4 sheeve, age 23 or 30. More fighter go full veela max height or 2 veela 2 sheeve max height for a bit more mana., and if you want to be able to look like a sheeve. All alv suck ass with bows, the clade gift is bugged last I checked so your stam still sucks even tho you can 'pull' the higher str bows. But fitting bows with hybrid is hard anyway.

All of these go stout. As I said before, you still DUST every other race. So while lean veela is faster, its not worth the cons. Most humans and thur are 420-423 speed. So a few speed over 440 makes no real differnece, vs the already 20 speed over them you get. Stout gives damage bonsu and good hp. Overweight loses speed, stam, and damage bonus. And below stout just kills your hp for minimal speed. So stout is the safest one to roll. I played a lean veela during beta and it was fun but not worth the aweful hp.

I advise going Paladin, because you can wear worthlessly cheap bone fullgrain and have way better prot vs bows than hybrid. Hybrids in low end armor right now are complete food. And for mage healing, you usually wont need to regen the mana, you prob died before you got to heal as hybrid anyway.

Humans will be stronger and can have more mana but Alv is prob best cuz running away is op. So while you are new and will prob be running from most fights 100% go alv.

My 2 cents, I pretty much exclusively played hybrid and paladin for like 8 years of MO1, using tons of diff race combos.

Elenabel

Feb 28, 2022
Go 100% str dext and con every time. If you want more mana drop height, and use sheev over veela. Low dext ruins being an alv. Dropped str just shits on your damage bonus making melee garbage, when everyone else has high damage bonus. con gives hp and stam, you cant mage heal when ur dead. Also str dext and con all give stam, so you want max stam. And Full sheeve is still so much faster than any other race besides veela, due to the amazing % speed clade gifts. If you want good mana go min height 4 sheeve, age 23 or 30. More fighter go full veela max height or 2 veela 2 sheeve max height for a bit more mana., and if you want to be able to look like a sheeve. All alv suck ass with bows, the clade gift is bugged last I checked so your stam still sucks even tho you can 'pull' the higher str bows. But fitting bows with hybrid is hard anyway.

All of these go stout. As I said before, you still DUST every other race. So while lean veela is faster, its not worth the cons. Most humans and thur are 420-423 speed. So a few speed over 440 makes no real differnece, vs the already 20 speed over them you get. Stout gives damage bonsu and good hp. Overweight loses speed, stam, and damage bonus. And below stout just kills your hp for minimal speed. So stout is the safest one to roll. I played a lean veela during beta and it was fun but not worth the aweful hp.

I advise going Paladin, because you can wear worthlessly cheap bone fullgrain and have way better prot vs bows than hybrid. Hybrids in low end armor right now are complete food. And for mage healing, you usually wont need to regen the mana, you prob died before you got to heal as hybrid anyway.

Humans will be stronger and can have more mana but Alv is prob best cuz running away is op. So while you are new and will prob be running from most fights 100% go alv.

My 2 cents, I pretty much exclusively played hybrid and paladin for like 8 years of MO1, using tons of diff race combos.

Thanks so much!!!
I will do it that way!

So you advice heavy armor, did I read that correctly? Bone fullgrain doesn't say anything to me, sry ^^

in the race description, there is written that Veela would be faster than Sheeva, why is that so? What's the difference in speed, because both have same clade gifts? I don't understand that part...

edit:
is mortaldata.com up-to-date with their data?

edit2: which height should I go? Is 176 cm ok? I wanna go more melee than mana, is a compromise ok or should I better go for the full 180 then ?

Last edited:

Elenabel

Feb 28, 2022
Is mortaldata.com up-to-date? Because with 176 cm height, it says 10% dmg bonus, but ingame it says 8% with 176-174.... then I could reduce my height if it has the same effect.... Could someone help me please? Is there a skill or glade gift which raise it from 8 to 10% I can't see right now?

Edit: aah, it was because of the weight.... But stout max changed to 129, not 130% anymore???? hmm??

Last edited:

MaybeAddicted

Feb 1, 2022
Hi.

It's my first time playing Mortal Online, so I got a lot of questions about creating my first character.

I know normally humans are preferred for Hybrid Paladins, but I like Alvarins more (I hate humans...lol) and for me the most important thing is to have a speedy / fast character, so I really prefer Alvarin - even it's harder to play - I know.
I want an fast footie / so a high foot speed and a small hitbox.

My build should look like this: can I play it that way?

youd said id by yourself. you prefer this even its harder to play. the build is ok i think. but you should go for max heigh or max con. you are more a dex mage build, not a paladin.

paladins strength is to have the hp, to wear heavier armor and can heal / corrupt sometimes. thats a PALADIN

your alvarin is just a stronger dagger mage build, if you ask me :D

but im minmaxing builds for me self right now so im also trying all and compare it

Reactions: m4rt3 and Elenabel

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Thanks so much!!!
I will do it that way!

So you advice heavy armor, did I read that correctly? Bone fullgrain doesn't say anything to me, sry ^^

in the race description, there is written that Veela would be faster than Sheeva, why is that so? What's the difference in speed, because both have same clade gifts? I don't understand that part...

edit:
is mortaldata.com up-to-date with their data?

edit2: which height should I go? Is 176 cm ok? I wanna go more melee than mana, is a compromise ok or should I better go for the full 180 then ?
Yes I mean bone fullgrain heavy armor. Is much stronger than equally cheap medium and light armor. The heavier armor will hurt mana regen, but for healing and a rare outburst/ corrupt, you dont need regen. My logic is if you have lighter armor and take double the damage, you might just die and not be able to use magic anyway. Its really hard to win a fight when your enemy is hitting you for twice as hard as you hit them. So having heavy armor is much easier than lighter mage armor. The thing with bone and fullgrain, is its completely worthless. So its cheap to buy, and effortless to get to craft, if you get the crafting. But still way higher protection than fullgrain medium armor, which is equally worthless, but way weaker. heaving cheap gear, preferably that you can make, makes learning the game much easier. Because dying doesnt hurt much when you dont lose anything of value.

Mortal data is up to date, you just need to make sure there's no things messed up.

Veela is 'technically' faster than sheeve because it slightly increases your max dext. So if you pick 4 veela and max its dext, same age, and look at combat speed, it will be slightly higher than 4 sheeve at its max dext. You cna see how dext effects speed by being a max dext veela, and lowering it 1 dext at a time. At certain thresholds it will drop some speed. But, the reason I say sheeve is still plenty fast, is that while a veela may be a couple speed points faster than a sheeve. Bot hare like 20+ faster than everyone else. So going 3 faster doesnt really do anything, its so small any movement or anything could easily counter that. But when someone goes 20+ faster (or slower), you can really tell that you are gaining or that they are gaining over a few seconds. Which can be the difference between getting away and not. smaller numbers liek 3 speed CAN matter but its much more rare. If someone goes 3 speed faster than me it doesnt matter I probobly killed them before their 3 speed got them out of range.

Elenabel

Feb 28, 2022
Yes I mean bone fullgrain heavy armor. Is much stronger than equally cheap medium and light armor. The heavier armor will hurt mana regen, but for healing and a rare outburst/ corrupt, you dont need regen. My logic is if you have lighter armor and take double the damage, you might just die and not be able to use magic anyway. Its really hard to win a fight when your enemy is hitting you for twice as hard as you hit them. So having heavy armor is much easier than lighter mage armor. The thing with bone and fullgrain, is its completely worthless. So its cheap to buy, and effortless to get to craft, if you get the crafting. But still way higher protection than fullgrain medium armor, which is equally worthless, but way weaker. heaving cheap gear, preferably that you can make, makes learning the game much easier. Because dying doesnt hurt much when you dont lose anything of value.

Mortal data is up to date, you just need to make sure there's no things messed up.

Veela is 'technically' faster than sheeve because it slightly increases your max dext. So if you pick 4 veela and max its dext, same age, and look at combat speed, it will be slightly higher than 4 sheeve at its max dext. You cna see how dext effects speed by being a max dext veela, and lowering it 1 dext at a time. At certain thresholds it will drop some speed. But, the reason I say sheeve is still plenty fast, is that while a veela may be a couple speed points faster than a sheeve. Bot hare like 20+ faster than everyone else. So going 3 faster doesnt really do anything, its so small any movement or anything could easily counter that. But when someone goes 20+ faster (or slower), you can really tell that you are gaining or that they are gaining over a few seconds. Which can be the difference between getting away and not. smaller numbers liek 3 speed CAN matter but its much more rare. If someone goes 3 speed faster than me it doesnt matter I probobly killed them before their 3 speed got them out of range.
haha, thanks for your efforts :D

Reactions: Jatix

Elenabel

Feb 28, 2022
So my first short conclusion after one week of play and collected gaming expierence:

I nearly maxed out my char (wow, that goes so fast in MO2), just a few Clades are still missing. And I'm still in Haven to get better and gain more expierence.

So I still play a mixture of Paladin, Hybrid and dex mage. And I wanna wear cheap fullgrain heavy armor, for the reasons @Jatix said.
But I'm still not sure about a few things. I just know I don't wanna play an archer with bow. I don't like it. So I just can take Melee as main weapon with magic as primal attack. Or I tame some pets. But I'm still wondering how to fight melee. Should I do sword (which I like most) or go for a (light?) hybrid with marksmanship playing with a dagger or a spear? Because piercing attacks on a character with high Dex values and Marksmanship increase his weakspot chance. Attacks from behind have the highest Weakspot chance. In addition, I read I have to find specific weakspot materials for the handel, grip and blade of my weapon. Well, I don't like dagger much, but spear is my 2nd favorite melee weapon. So I am wondering, because I have week protection and low HP at all (even with heavy armor), can I play with spear and always try to keep distance between me and enemy? I'm fast, so can I get away enough and keep distance, so I have to charge my speer each time (because I am to far away to parry) and be able to attack because of the length of my speer, but charging every time would be no problem, because I won't get melee dmg because of the distance - just always "run away from enemy backwards" - then I don't even need a shield, do I?
Or I could just block/parry with my shield all the time (yes, a lot of training needed) and attack sometimes with - hmm - sword then (which I like most and be able to do at best), or even dagger - or speer.....

What's your opinion and advices for me? THX a LOT again!!! ;)

It's just because I really need to decide now finally, because I ran out of skill points ... ^.^

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
So my first short conclusion after one week of play and collected gaming expierence:

I nearly maxed out my char (wow, that goes so fast in MO2), just a few Clades are still missing. And I'm still in Haven to get better and gain more expierence.

So I still play a mixture of Paladin, Hybrid and dex mage. And I wanna wear cheap fullgrain heavy armor, for the reasons @Jatix said.
But I'm still not sure about a few things. I just know I don't wanna play an archer with bow. I don't like it. So I just can take Melee as main weapon with magic as primal attack. Or I tame some pets. But I'm still wondering how to fight melee. Should I do sword (which I like most) or go for a (light?) hybrid with marksmanship playing with a dagger or a spear? Because piercing attacks on a character with high Dex values and Marksmanship increase his weakspot chance. Attacks from behind have the highest Weakspot chance. In addition, I read I have to find specific weakspot materials for the handel, grip and blade of my weapon. Well, I don't like dagger much, but spear is my 2nd favorite melee weapon. So I am wondering, because I have week protection and low HP at all (even with heavy armor), can I play with spear and always try to keep distance between me and enemy? I'm fast, so can I get away enough and keep distance, so I have to charge my speer each time (because I am to far away to parry) and be able to attack because of the length of my speer, but charging every time would be no problem, because I won't get melee dmg because of the distance - just always "run away from enemy backwards" - then I don't even need a shield, do I?
Or I could just block/parry with my shield all the time (yes, a lot of training needed) and attack sometimes with - hmm - sword then (which I like most and be able to do at best), or even dagger - or speer.....

What's your opinion and advices for me? THX a LOT again!!! ;)

It's just because I really need to decide now finally, because I ran out of skill points ... ^.^
Marksmanship only effects bows, not melee weapons. Spears have no weakspot chance regardless of handle because its way too OP when you weakspot someone and they just die instantly. So that got removed long ago in MO1. So your only real option for weakspot daggers unless I'm mistaken is mercy daggers, because they are the only one with an actual good weakspot chance. But their actual damage is low so they are only decent from weakspots vs good armor. Also I havent tested weakpots in MO2 but at the end of MO1 weakspots were changed so it was only viable at REALLY high dext. Like over 120. Fit or lean age 23 veela. Which to me def isnt worth the low hp. Not sure if MO2 is the same.

Another issue with weakspots is you have to stab. And getting around blocks in this game doesnt really work. So they just block middle and you cant hit them. Which makes them much better in group fights where you can just hit people not fighting you.

2h Swords are solid, I'd go swords. Easiest to use, good for 1v1, low amount of handle, can use all attack directions.

I enjoy using spears. No shield spears right swing is similar to stab animation so you can use it to trick people into blocking middle and getting a weaker hit in. which is better than just getting parried. And the range on them is excellent, so great for chasing.

Poleswords are my fav wep. But 2 primaries is harder to fit. So prob go swords or spears. If you hate one and want to try the other you can always drop one and read the book to get it most of the way up.

Elenabel

Feb 28, 2022
Marksmanship only effects bows, not melee weapons. Spears have no weakspot chance regardless of handle because its way too OP when you weakspot someone and they just die instantly. So that got removed long ago in MO1. So your only real option for weakspot daggers unless I'm mistaken is mercy daggers, because they are the only one with an actual good weakspot chance. But their actual damage is low so they are only decent from weakspots vs good armor. Also I havent tested weakpots in MO2 but at the end of MO1 weakspots were changed so it was only viable at REALLY high dext. Like over 120. Fit or lean age 23 veela. Which to me def isnt worth the low hp. Not sure if MO2 is the same.

Another issue with weakspots is you have to stab. And getting around blocks in this game doesnt really work. So they just block middle and you cant hit them. Which makes them much better in group fights where you can just hit people not fighting you.

2h Swords are solid, I'd go swords. Easiest to use, good for 1v1, low amount of handle, can use all attack directions.

I enjoy using spears. No shield spears right swing is similar to stab animation so you can use it to trick people into blocking middle and getting a weaker hit in. which is better than just getting parried. And the range on them is excellent, so great for chasing.

Poleswords are my fav wep. But 2 primaries is harder to fit. So prob go swords or spears. If you hate one and want to try the other you can always drop one and read the book to get it most of the way up.

YES!, thank you so much, @Jatix, I don't know how to thank you again. You helped me again for this "complicated or annoying problem".

I gave thoughts this night and also thought about going for 2H swords, because before going to sleep I remembered this video here:

He also fights with an 2H sword as an Alvarin (but Veela, I thnink)

I just couldn't try 2H yet, so I can't say something on the matter yet. That's why I didn't consider them. Thanks for this hint!

So one guide here on this forum said marksmanship would also work for daggers.... thanks for clarification!

I didn't know that weakspots are only for stabing / piercing damage....

Did getting around blocks work in MO1?

So, all attack directions of swords - that's maybe why I like them so much.

What are polesowrds exactly? Heard about them but never saw them. Yes, the book reading is always an option, thank you!!

Reactions: Jatix

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Did getting around blocks work in MO1?

So, all attack directions of swords - that's maybe why I like them so much.

What are polesowrds exactly? Heard about them but never saw them. Yes, the book reading is always an option, thank you!!
MO1 was such an aids lag and broken prediction fest that you could try to run and get behind people and hit them from behind even when they were trying to just look at you and block middle. Which made weapons that could only attack middle a viable weapon still. This doesnt work in MO2 so if you can only attack middle and they only parry middle you aren't going to get any hits and cant kill them.

Yes having all attack styles is always a good bonus for small scale and 1v1 fights. Gives way more room to mix things up, which is always good.

Poleswords are exactly what they say they are. Think a spear but a longer blade on the end, similar to a poleaxe but longer head. They use the same swing animations as spears. But instead of mostly needing to stab you can slash sides and overhead, and can still mix it up with the stab. Excellent dueling and chasing weapon because the range. Has a longer handle and shorter blade than 2h swords, and takes 2 primaries, so is harder to use. If you get swords and spears in one build, you can take poleswords and try them all out before you drop anything.