MO2 urgently need AFK-timer kick and anty macros system in place.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Agree, but it's harder than you think. How long is too long? Mining you can go afk for a sec. Macros should be easy to detect, but you can switch it up a little so it's not as simple as a direct repeat. But yea people just standing there or w/e. I mean, I imagine most people who are in the game got in and have stayed there haha.

I'd like to know how many people are actually IN THE GAME (on Myr) opposed to just queue-ing.

Redrick

Jan 9, 2022
Moscow
Agree, but it's harder than you think. How long is too long? Mining you can go afk for a sec. Macros should be easy to detect, but you can switch it up a little so it's not as simple as a direct repeat. But yea people just standing there or w/e. I mean, I imagine most people who are in the game got in and have stayed there haha.
I just hope the Star Vault guys aren't dumber than the Amazon guys.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Wait a minutes here, let people afk ingame, the game has space for 100.000 people according to what Henrik said several times, i don't see why people would get kicked, also macroing Is against terms of service? i didnt check.

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
Macroing that is comparable to botting, using images etc is banable. Basic action macros that do not control the character in an advantageous way isn't. Was the exact same in MO1. If SV bans for basic macros, then they will end up needing to ban majority of their veteran players, and also will need to rework skill progression, as certain things are stupidly tedious to the point of it being a second job.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
The best way is to have a system in place that checks what the player has been doing in the past 5 minutes and periodically asks them a series of random and un-bot-able actions such as answering simple maths or typing a phrase within one minute.

If the player does not respond within that time, the system asks the player again. If still no response in one more minute, the player gets kicked off the server. For players who are actually playing and engaged in activities such as pve or pvp, the system will not interrupt them.

In this way, macros and scripts cannot be adapted to pre-defined afk timers that may be changed but still ultimately predictable. The system can also analyse the player's activity patterns to see if there is macro'ing going on that may emulate fake player activity.

Last edited:

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
The easiest way is to have a system in place that checks what the player has been doing in the past 5 minutes and periodically asks them a series of random and un-bot-able actions such as answering simple maths or typing a phrase within one minute.

If the player does not respond within that time, the system asks the player again. If still no response in one more minute, the player gets kicked off the server. For players who are actually playing and engaged in activities such as pve or pvp, the system will not interrupt them.

In this way, macros and scripts cannot be adapted to pre-defined afk timers that may be changed but still ultimately predictable. The system can also analyse the player's activity patterns to see if there is macro'ing going on, such as action loops that may emulate fake player activity.
Thank you but no. I'm not getting kicked after waiting in queue for 24+ hell knows how much hours just to be kicked because i'm having a coffee or any other form of break.
I'm not even sure AFKers are to blame. 8k people want to play and the server can only support 2k.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Community why the fuck would you encourage the persecution of people that uses macros, specially when the game design is so timesink based, the repetition of certain actions is tedious as fuck and its understandable people want to have certain progression while doing something else.

If you so against macros then shoulda suggested the changing of these stupid ass skill progressions. "but... huehue longterm progrezzion iz amazing huehuehue"

And then people start blaming the players for SV's design, hang the macroers and drown the afkrs (btw i was a villain b4 launch for drowning koto and friends in meduli and now i should be a hero, they need to make a statue of me in meduli)

This kind of pathetic shit when the community starts the witch hunt cus SV can't pull their shit together omfg, start demanding a good quality product instead of being FUKWITS.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2022
San Diego, CA
Thank you but no. I'm not getting kicked after waiting in queue for 24+ hell knows how much hours just to be kicked because i'm having a coffee or any other form of break.
I'm not even sure AFKers are to blame. 8k people want to play and the server can only support 2k.

Unless your coffee takes over 30 minutes to make, I think you should be safe. Let's not pretend that an AFK timer would target those who just step away from their computer briefly.

AFKers aren't to blame but it is true that the game in its current capacity can only hold a certain number of players. Those spots should go to players who are actively playing, not to a bunch of people just standing around naked in the bank.

You've waited for a long time in the queue? Yeah, we all have. What makes you think your time is more important? The thing that players like you don't understand is that the situation with AFKers makes things worse for all of us. If there were no AFKers or people hacking the queue to skip to the front of the line, the queue times wouldn't be so bad.

The best thing that we can hope for is that the new Myrland instance that was announced today will help since the community would never actually help themselves.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Unless your coffee takes over 30 minutes to make, I think you should be safe. Let's not pretend that an AFK timer would target those who just step away from their computer briefly.

AFKers aren't to blame but it is true that the game in its current capacity can only hold a certain number of players. Those spots should go to players who are actively playing, not to a bunch of people just standing around naked in the bank.

You've waited for a long time in the queue? Yeah, we all have. What makes you think your time is more important? The thing that players like you don't understand is that the situation with AFKers makes things worse for all of us. If there were no AFKers or people hacking the queue to skip to the front of the line, the queue times wouldn't be so bad.

The best thing that we can hope for is that the new Myrland instance that was announced today will help since the community would never actually help themselves.

Expecting the community to fix the game for SV lmao, nobody's time is worth more but then again can you blame players afk their sleep time to stay in the game instead of doing 24h queues? No, you can't blame em.
This is SV's problem quit trying to blame the players for the Bad Game design.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Could be worse? They could make you hit a key for every time you swing a pick, and every stroke of an axe to a tree?

(Ugh. Why did I mention it? SV may take it as a suggestion.)

Also: It should be possible to make statues that look like individual avatars. I can only imagine what gesture @Albanjo Dravae would be making as he posed for one.
If it was possible (and it would be amazing) i'd like a statue of me holding a meduli citizen's head under the water.

• Wow

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I don't blame them, I'm just saying that it is short-sighted. The developers should absolutely implement an AFK timer.
According to SV theres already an AFK kick timer and good luck enforcing anti macro ingame, i don't see it as a dev priority and mods hardly going to be macro policeman. Like said these solutions" like asking in "good faith" for the community to have enough empathy to let others in doesn't work when u have to plan upfront a 24h queue to play a portion of that time.
I rather see SV's full capacity focused in actually pulling a way for everyone to play, what can i say i enjoy pragmatism. And if you up for democratizing playtime u can allways suggest a strict gametime schedules per account but thats hardly happening.

Feb 4, 2022
San Diego, CA
According to SV theres already an AFK kick timer and good luck enforcing anti macro ingame, i don't see it as a dev priority and mods hardly going to be macro policeman. Like said these solutions" like asking in "good faith" for the community to have enough empathy to let others in doesn't work when u have to plan upfront a 24h queue to play a portion of that time.
I rather see SV's full capacity focused in actually pulling a way for everyone to play, what can i say i enjoy pragmatism. And if you up for democratizing playtime u can allways suggest a strict gametime schedules per account but thats hardly happening.

I think you're taking way too many liberties with what I wrote.

I agree that macros can hardly be enforced but a simple AFK timer should not take that many resources to implement and would at the very least make it so that people who want to AFK at least have to work for it. To me, that seems like the most pragmatic approach, but maybe you have a different definition. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I think you're taking way too many liberties with what I wrote.

I agree that macros can hardly be enforced but a simple AFK timer should not take that many resources to implement and would at the very least make it so that people who want to AFK at least have to work for it. To me, that seems like the most pragmatic approach, but maybe you have a different definition. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah i definitely agree.