MO2 an Anti-PVP PVP Game

Torothin

Mar 17, 2022
Gank box is a term used for WoW players that want this game to be WoW like with no risk. I have never heard the term gank box until coming here to this game. Get over it already. If you are solo travel off the roads. If you have a lot of good stuff travel in groups. Stop complaining. This isn't WoW or the other theme park MMOs that you are used to. This is a sandbox MMO that already heavily penalizes player killers and to some extent caps them.

The way I see it, there are a few things that need to happen here:

1. Any consumables needs to be bale to be crafted (arrows, spells, whatever requires you to use magic spells that you can't gather).

2. Utility vendors need to be allowed to be built in strong holds in order to maintain player wallets and housing costs.

3. Rep hits need to stop happening outside a certain distance of the cities.

For instance, in Eve you had 0.0 space. This was lawless space that maintained an NBSI policy (not blue shoot it). Players also did not received a penalty when killing others out there. The best resources in the game also happened to be in these locations. A similiar concept needs to happen here in order to force groups of players to live in deep pockets of the map. I think this would be great for the game.

Grotebozebeer

Jun 1, 2021
You're just an angry PVEr who caught the wrong end of PVP too many times, and now you're angry at PVPers and want them sealed away and punished for enjoying some harmless fun.

These ''Butthurt'' players wil keep your game alive. I wil bet my life on this: Vast majority of the players intrested in this game are intrested in the deep systems it brings, like the Tupilak, the fucking incredible crafting system, the Oblivion-esk pve etc. People play games to get away from abusive shit like getting ganked over and over by a group of players or even just 1 that is more skilled/geared/expirienced. An ocasional death, sure, no problem. But u wana get free gratification by killing without the risk? Go ahead and push ur vision, fuck up this gem of a game. The only mmo that DARES to go diffrent, rare breed nowdays.

Im all for open pvp. But there must be a real harsh punishment for killing, just for the sake of killing. (taking about immersion breaking) How do you think a world would react to likes, that just go around and kill, just for that perpous? Bet ur ass ur gonna die a horrible death, once they catch u. 24 hours is nothing. And there is a reason why this is not a common thing in our society.

If been playing UO, Darkfall, Mo. And if had this discussion with the likes of u, more then id like to. And each and every time the argument is: this is a pvp game, go play wow.... But the fact is, i dont wana play wow, or any new shit for that matter, it all sucks, its all the same. So lets think of a way to give all players what they want? High risk, high reward areas should be perfect for the both of us if u ask me. A nice hotspot for u to gank as ur heart disires, and an option for me, to take that risk or not. My ideal MO 2 would be a world where you can go for a whole day without pvp, if ur a bit lucky(and smart)

And yeah, im pissed. Cause just like ur arguing to get the MMO of ur dreams, so am i. Its just that im pritty sure, that when u get ur way, there wil be no game left to play. Hell, i dont wana burst ur bubble, but i dont think there wil EVER be a game like that (with more then 10k players atleast)

The poeple with the murder for fun mindset are just to few in numbers, is what i think.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stundorn

Grotebozebeer

Jun 1, 2021
What if the only sollution is to not be a Dickhead and have some honor and respect for the fellow player, for the game to become healty?

This would be ideal to me: You are running around with ur group of buddies looking for some action right? u see some random dude gathering some herbs? You and ur buddies cast a quick and wise glare over the person, to see if its a worthy Foe. Oh seems like just a lowly peasant doing his thing. We gain no proffits nor honour killing this person, lets continue. Now if he were to gather some valueable resources, and u happen to need them, back luck for him. Thats the other side of this game that ofc needs to be ever present, for the thrills.

If anything, poeple must be protected against other poeple and them selfs. Thats why the world works like it does, and you can take the Human nature out of the game, but you cant take the game out of human nature, if u know what im saying.

Or look at it this way. When SV is making a commercial about their game and shows off random footage of its gameplay. Like the crafting, spell system, directional combat and all the things that make this game great and unique. They wil be showing pvp for sure, but not the 1 sided ganking. I can tell u that wont be in the vid. And i dont have to explain why.

Last edited:

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
These ''Butthurt'' players wil keep your game alive. I wil bet my life on this: Vast majority of the players intrested in this game are intrested in the deep systems it brings, like the Tupilak, the fucking incredible crafting system, the Oblivion-esk pve etc. People play games to get away from abusive shit like getting ganked over and over by a group of players or even just 1 that is more skilled/geared/expirienced. An ocasional death, sure, no problem. But u wana get free gratification by killing without the risk? Go ahead and push ur vision, fuck up this gem of a game. The only mmo that DARES to go diffrent, rare breed nowdays.

Im all for open pvp. But there must be a real harsh punishment for killing, just for the sake of killing. (taking about immersion breaking) How do you think a world would react to likes, that just go around and kill, just for that perpous? Bet ur ass ur gonna die a horrible death, once they catch u. 24 hours is nothing. And there is a reason why this is not a common thing in our society.

If been playing UO, Darkfall, Mo. And if had this discussion with the likes of u, more then id like to. And each and every time the argument is: this is a pvp game, go play wow.... But the fact is, i dont wana play wow, or any new shit for that matter, it all sucks, its all the same. So lets think of a way to give all players what they want? High risk, high reward areas should be perfect for the both of us if u ask me. A nice hotspot for u to gank as ur heart disires, and an option for me, to take that risk or not. My ideal MO 2 would be a world where you can go for a whole day without pvp, if ur a bit lucky(and smart)

And yeah, im pissed. Cause just like ur arguing to get the MMO of ur dreams, so am i. Its just that im pritty sure, that when u get ur way, there wil be no game left to play. Hell, i dont wana burst ur bubble, but i dont think there wil EVER be a game like that (with more then 10k players atleast)

The poeple with the murder for fun mindset are just to few in numbers, is what i think.
Go play WoW.

Grotebozebeer

Jun 1, 2021
The idea of u never getting the game u want, to thrive like it needs, to be even remotely fun... Is enough for me. Have fun with the wolfs. See if ur alpha enough to be the last one standing(playing) There is always someone that is more F'ed up in the head then u, so prolly not.

Biggest problem here is: the vocal majority here is the diehard fanbase, wich on itself is not a bad thing. But on top of the fact that your kind of ppl are the ones to scream the hardest, and have a mindset to get what they want, no matter the cost., they are the ones representing AV,s voice atm. Whos to say that voice is the correct one?

If anything, history should have taught u.

Last edited:

unknownParticipant

Apr 21, 2022
LET THE PLAYERS BE THE CONSEQUENCES, NOT THE NPC PSYCHIC MIND POLICE.

Player's can't impose meaningful consequences in a system where death is a minor and temporary inconvenience. If someone's out farming players long enough that they've managed to attract the attention of a group that 's both capable and willing to bother to try and counter them, assuming they are found, they are killed, keep what they banked, and move on. For even that much to happen, a minor miracle is required. "Consequences" are more likely to be delivered by a random encounter considering global communication is discouraged.

In the real world, the community comes down on you and your crime spree ends permanently with a dirt nap. In games like Rust, you can track someone back to their base and make it your personal mission to foundation wipe them. ...but in Mortal Online? Gankers risk little for big rewards and the next time you see them, if they haven't attacked anyone recently... you're punished for a retribution that will just help them relocate faster.

In a world where murders can't be removed from the population and respawn infinitely, crime will always be the most profitable way to spend your time.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Player's can't impose meaningful consequences in a system where death is a minor and temporary inconvenience. If someone's out farming players long enough that they've managed to attract the attention of a group that 's both capable and willing to bother to try and counter them, assuming they are found, they are killed, keep what they banked, and move on. For even that much to happen, a minor miracle is required. "Consequences" are more likely to be delivered by a random encounter considering global communication is discouraged.

In the real world, the community comes down on you and your crime spree ends permanently with a dirt nap. In games like Rust, you can track someone back to their base and make it your personal mission to foundation wipe them. ...but in Mortal Online? Gankers risk little for big rewards and the next time you see them, if they haven't attacked anyone recently... you're punished for a retribution that will just help them relocate faster.

In a world where murders can't be removed from the population and respawn infinitely, crime will always be the most profitable way to spend your time.
Death is at least a 20 minute run. What do you mean no consequences. Go only spawn at the red priest for a week before you start saying such silly things. Only people that have inconsequential deaths are the blue bobs who can res at every dungeon and town and red priest.

People dont want a sand box, they want AI to play for them instead.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Not only is it a anti PvP game, its also a anti small group game for no real reason that I can see.

Recent war dec along with no alliance system is baffling. Whats the point of wardecing if you cant fight people in towns before they ping for 50+ and come out to kill your group at the time of the zergs chosing. This is just going to help zergs kill off the solo and small guilds.

unknownParticipant

Apr 21, 2022
Death is at least a 20 minute run.
I mean... Red Priest in Colored Forest is a little closer to both Tindrem and Meduli than they are to each other so unless we're talking about ganking right outside of a city... I'm not sure there's a lot of difference here. Of course, if I'm a little RPK inclined, I might just build a house near a red priest and I probably don't really need guarded cities much at all.

Only people that have inconsequential deaths are the blue bobs who can res at every dungeon and town and red priest.
Well... except that the blue blobs are probably out acquiring resources... so If a blue blob is out in between Meduli and Tindrem and they die to someone who got to be a blue blob themselves right up until they decide that the fight favors them, they stand to lose everything the RPKer does (the gear, the "20 minute" run, a horse) but if they win they get a crappy gear set. If the RPKer wins, they get all the work the blue blob did for however long they were out; and they got to pick the fight, minimizing their risk. I've got a feeling that a typical RPKer isn't all that heartbroken when they lose a gear set. At least I know I'm not.

What do you mean no consequences.
I mean there are no meaningful consequences. Which is why I added that extra word. I say make the game permadeath; everyone will more or less have the same skin in the game then... but there are surely less extreme ways to even the playing field.

The criminal system so heavily favors RPK that they may as well not even bother.

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
You basically just have to reroll if a town doesn't like you anymore.

Most people will just quit the game. There is just no point playing a game that cares nothing for player retention.

Anyone defending the harshness of the criminal system doesn't realize that it is basically nosediving the game into it's grave.

Banning someone from spawning from a city is too harsh. Guards should respond to crimes they see, not crimes they do not. It is just word on word, they aren't psychic. Anything in the open world should be fairgame.

"but it will just turn into people killing eachother".

That already happens, It just has some pointless tedium tied to doing it is all, which changes nothing for butthurt PVErs who cry on a PVP game.

Let your PVP game be a PVP game and it will thrive. STOP with this absurd "your actions have consequences" bs.. LET THE PLAYERS BE THE CONSEQUENCES, NOT THE NPC PSYCHIC MIND POLICE.

It is just immersion destroying and nonsensical. Overcomplicating an needless system that shouldn't even be here in the first place. Just do it like other successful PVP games with MMO design. Keep the full loot PVP, but let us spawn again without making us delete our characters.

It is like the core of the game is built on PVP, and then you've put something in to betray the core entirely.. To needlessly hinder it because of people who don't belong on PVP games to begin with.

Stop listening to PVERs for your PVP game. YOU CANNOT PLEASE EVERYONE. PICK WHAT YOUR GAME IS GOING TO BE. IS IT PVP CHAD? OR PVE SOY?

Instead, you have this confused mess where no one is pleased, and the game sucks.

The people who want to PVP can't PVP, and the PVErs need players to be the content, because there is no PVE content. An endless destructive feedback loop; if you cannot focus the vision of your game, it is doomed for a swift failure.

Just let it die... no point to argue with a bunch of clueless pve newbs.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I wil bet my life on this:

I dunno, man. haha. I mean one thing to remember those systems aren't... in the game. haha, yet here we are, why?

As I've said, if you disassociate yourself from your ego while playing, it's much easier. If you are being prevented progress by constant ganking, you might need a new approach, but I really think it's just like AW SHIT THERE'S ANOTHER HOUR AND A HALF OF MY LIFE GONE FUHHHH. But I mean we're all just doing mindless shit for hours on MO anyway.

In the end, like I said I'd play deep dungeons other games for multiple hours and then someone would do something and wipe us and it'd be like damn. But it's not like I would be morally offended. The whole moral offense. I mean, I admit I had it once... or at least I had the idea that I didn't wanna work with people who would just kill. I broke off deals w/ people who killed my alts lol. But I mean there are many levels of pvp. And in MO2, there isn't much else BUT pvp. The game is trash tho. The key is to have things that are good enough that we are willing to fight thru them, pve-ers and pvp-ers. However, there is a personal nature to the game and if people can get in your head, they will, so I mean you gotta remember that.

Nobody is really giving the whole story, you just have to get it in pieces, everyone is experiencing the game in their own way and aside from a few really toxic people, nobody is doing anything that is really egregiously wrong. Even doods on the forum, haha, and I don't even tie people's forum's shite to the game because it's a diff world.

Grotebozebeer

Jun 1, 2021
Just let it die... no point to argue with a bunch of clueless pve newbs.
Thats all you have to contribute?
The thing i seem to miss here and on the Mo 1 forum, and on the Darkfall forums, all 4 difrent versions of em. Is a lil empathy.

Way to often do i read 1 liners like urs. NEVER have i heard anyone say, Yes, ur right, me killing all them noobs in tindrem may have hurt the player base over the years. Im truely baffled. U think ur talking to a wall?

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Thats all you have to contribute? Damn, u make it to easy for us man.

easy for what, both sides to call each other jackasses and not reach any sort of agreement? lol..........................................................................

"Welcome to Mortal Online!"

Grotebozebeer

Jun 1, 2021
easy for what, both sides to call each other jackasses and not reach any sort of agreement? lol..........................................................................

"Welcome to Mortal Online!"

Yeah, the moment i hit the post button, i restrained my emotions and eddited the post. And i admit, im no dallaihlama or however u spell that.

But ur right, i catch myself doing the same.

Listen, im one of those ''pve'' players. I respect the pvp rules and all un(fun) things that come with it.
I also got to expirience the group pvp in darkfall, With the Horde and DJ, the way they took me in and learned me the ropes. THATS what makes MO what it is, and u could give me a million arguments. At the end of the day, you NEED fresh players. And u wont get fresh players if toxic players wil have their way.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Yeah, the moment i hit the post button, i restrained my emotions and eddited the post. And i admit, im no dallaihlama or however u spell that.

But ur right, i catch myself doing the same.

yepp, well none of us are. lool. I'm a v volatile person as people who know me understand. But really, at some point, you realize you have the game and two sides and there has to be a way to make both parties happy, and whatever SV is doing AIN'T IT. So, the best way is to actually try to hash things out, the more you seriously discuss something, the more chance a real idea will catch on. It's like when Aku and dood from ID came up with that "how pvp should work" document and it's like lolno. But I mean it's a start.

We should all be able to exist. Nobody LIKES to get killed and looted, either. We mostly all want MO to be good, and to be honest, the window for saving MO seems like it's going down the toilet lol. So we gotta strap in and give it a big push. I don't even feel like playing after this last patch, even tho like I said it added a bunch of cool stuff. If the game sucks, it sucks.

If we could come to a community consensus, SV would be able to work on making the game world better opposed to rubber banding back and forth between PvE enthusiasts in one ear and PvP enthusiasts in another ear. Just something to think about!

But yea I'm not supposed to be on forums, either; don't tell :eek:

Grotebozebeer

Jun 1, 2021
yepp, well none of us are. lool. I'm a v volatile person as people who know me understand. But really, at some point, you realize you have the game and two sides and there has to be a way to make both parties happy, and whatever SV is doing AIN'T IT. So, the best way is to actually try to hash things out, the more you seriously discuss something, the more chance a real idea will catch on. It's like when Aku and dood from ID came up with that "how pvp should work" document and it's like lolno. But I mean it's a start.

We should all be able to exist. Nobody LIKES to get killed and looted, either. We mostly all want MO to be good, and to be honest, the window for saving MO seems like it's going down the toilet lol. So we gotta strap in and give it a big push. I don't even feel like playing after this last patch, even tho like I said it added a bunch of cool stuff. If the game sucks, it sucks.

If we could come to a community consensus, SV would be able to work on making the game world better opposed to rubber banding back and forth between PvE enthusiasts in one ear and PvP enthusiasts in another ear. Just something to think about!

But yea I'm not supposed to be on forums, either; don't tell :eek:

I havent seen anyone whats happy about the changes, and i keep having faith. Its good that people state their concerns. The way its done bothers me tho.
You can feel the hate towards SV, i dont think they diserve this. Who els is building a pvp mmo for u? Right, noone. Not saying ur one to burn em to the ground, but a lot of ppl are.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Devs want to make the game more then a PvP game by punishing and removing PvP content instead of adding RP and PvE content.
This. I have pve game friends and not one of them would even consider playing this game. The PVE and RP gameplay just isnt good. Trying to lower their chacnes of getting killed by making pvp not worth doing, doesnt fix that the PVE wasnt fun to begin with.

Solo player pve is currently spend 90% of your time riding, then shoot mob with longbow. Fill mount with carc or butcher on the spot. Repeat. Sell for gold that you can prob buy mats with that you may die and lose when you actually run into someone and die. Maybe spend on making a house that will decay and die if you take a break from the game. Repeat.

And higher end MO mobs usually are even less fun to fight than shooting a bow at a pig. When it clips into the grounds then spits acid at you for 50 and ignores armor. Then you try to run and remember mobs dont have stam. Then you die in a cave that you needed a torch to get back to your stuff, so hopefully you still have your soulbound torch. But you cant get back to your stuff anyway cuz the shit mobs prob respawned and now ur naked and have no bandages so the little mobs will just clap you on your way back.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I mean... Red Priest in Colored Forest is a little closer to both Tindrem and Meduli than they are to each other so unless we're talking about ganking right outside of a city.

The criminal system so heavily favors RPK that they may as well not even bother.
Then I better see you only spawning at the colored forest then if its so close.

The game does not favor people who PvP and calling it RPK just shows how disingenuous you are to the conversation.

The blue has the same change to win against the PvPer as the PvPer has against the blue. The Red also has higher consequences as of losing town access and a long walk. If the red wins they are always punished still. The red will always be punished during a fight, while the blue might lose some easily replaceable gear. The blue can punish up to 3 players as well. The blue can win and then bank their gear, kill them selves and still give rep loss to the PvPer. When a blue punishes a PvPer they gre timer starts over.

Like just stop living in town for a week, and only spawn at red priest if you think is so easy being red and there is no punishment. I can play as a blue and have blue alts, its just boring as the game lacks non PvP content.

edit: Just to let everyone know, I killed people yesterday in haven just by leashing mobs onto them to where they could not escape. So just to let you know that blue griefers can get you killed. I would have been stopped in nave by someone killing me, but they would have lost rep and a MC.

Last edited:
Reactions: CrgHck and Jatix