MO2 an Anti-PVP PVP Game

Big Lips

Feb 16, 2022
You basically just have to reroll if a town doesn't like you anymore.

Most people will just quit the game. There is just no point playing a game that cares nothing for player retention.

Anyone defending the harshness of the criminal system doesn't realize that it is basically nosediving the game into it's grave.

Banning someone from spawning from a city is too harsh. Guards should respond to crimes they see, not crimes they do not. It is just word on word, they aren't psychic. Anything in the open world should be fairgame.

"but it will just turn into people killing eachother".

That already happens, It just has some pointless tedium tied to doing it is all, which changes nothing for butthurt PVErs who cry on a PVP game.

Let your PVP game be a PVP game and it will thrive. STOP with this absurd "your actions have consequences" bs.. LET THE PLAYERS BE THE CONSEQUENCES, NOT THE NPC PSYCHIC MIND POLICE.

It is just immersion destroying and nonsensical. Overcomplicating an needless system that shouldn't even be here in the first place. Just do it like other successful PVP games with MMO design. Keep the full loot PVP, but let us spawn again without making us delete our characters.

It is like the core of the game is built on PVP, and then you've put something in to betray the core entirely.. To needlessly hinder it because of people who don't belong on PVP games to begin with.

Stop listening to PVERs for your PVP game. YOU CANNOT PLEASE EVERYONE. PICK WHAT YOUR GAME IS GOING TO BE. IS IT PVP CHAD? OR PVE SOY?

Instead, you have this confused mess where no one is pleased, and the game sucks.

The people who want to PVP can't PVP, and the PVErs need players to be the content, because there is no PVE content. An endless destructive feedback loop; if you cannot focus the vision of your game, it is doomed for a swift failure.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I remember you, big lips!

I agree with the fundamental idea that the punishment of "PKers cannot enter town" is not logical and bad for the game. However, as I have said before, I advocate for a return to RED (true red, open pvp) for pvpers. Obviously in towns the guards will protect you, but in the wild, you should have to live off your own "reputation" if you are red. Either as someone who people don't wanna mess with or as someone who is liked by the community.

Stundorn

Jul 18, 2021
You basically just have to reroll if a town doesn't like you anymore.
wrong, you can do parcels in lawless towns that give Rep with Tindmrem or Khurite for example.
Most people will just quit the game.
just guessing and bad assumptions caused by a frustrated player?!?
There is just no point playing a game that cares nothing for player retention.
false, there is , maybe just not for you.
Anyone defending the harshness of the criminal system doesn't realize that it is basically nosediving the game into it's grave.
again bad assumptions, no facts - the PvE people talk the same about PvP.
Banning someone from spawning from a city is too harsh.
you could have avoided that and it does exactly what it is for, turn ther game more into the direction of a RPG Sandbox rather than a Battle Royale KOS Sandbox.
"but it will just turn into people killing eachother".
That already happens, It just has some pointless tedium tied to doing it is all, which changes nothing for butthurt PVErs who cry on a PVP game.
Cannot confirm this and if Parcels are tedious is a matter of taste, i like doing them.
Now you start insulting PvE focussed players, why?
Let your PVP game be a PVP game and it will thrive. STOP with this absurd "your actions have consequences" bs.. LET THE PLAYERS BE THE CONSEQUENCES, NOT THE NPC PSYCHIC MIND POLICE.
Ahhh - but this didnt work well since UO and above all for MO1. So SV tries different, understandable, no?!?
BTW Henrik said its not a PvP Game, it's a MMORPG Sandbox. The Core of the Game is a ROLEPLAY GAME!!!
PvP is just one factor to ROLEPLAY with and there are others like crafting, trading, socializing to diplomacy etc...
It is just immersion destroying and nonsensical. Overcomplicating an needless system that shouldn't even be here in the first place. Just do it like other successful PVP games with MMO design. Keep the full loot PVP, but let us spawn again without making us delete our characters.
It would destroy my immersion if you can kill me and guards wont do anything about that next time you enter town.
MC schould last 24h ingame time at minimum. Becoming grey should at minimum last for 4hours. Without Consequences the game would be much more immersionbreaking.
The two succsessfull PvP Games with full loot on the Market are EvE and Albion, they have Safe Zones, Guards and afaik one even PvE only zones.
Nobody ask you to delete your character, you did what you did and now you cant take the consequences and start complaining and insult others beeing guilty.
Another is Sea of Thieves what allows you to flee from agressive players if you are just cautious enough and dont risk too much loot. You simply cannot force PVP on everyone and if you do, you dont need to develop a RPG Sandbox, but only a BR Shooter or something like that. There is Mortal Royale already.
It is like the core of the game is built on PVP, and then you've put something in to betray the core entirely.. To needlessly hinder it because of people who don't belong on PVP games to begin with.
Again, this is a RPG, not a PvP only game, what players belong to the game is not decided by you. You can learn to exist with other playstyles and adapt or you can realize the game maybe isn't for you as you are looking for a PvP game and this be an ROLEPLAYGAME.
In RPG Sandboxes many playstyles can coexist and to enlive the world it needs a variance of playstyles coexisting, this includes PVP focussed players who go PK or anti-PK, but also gatherers, crafters, traders, socializers...
And if the online RPG Sandbox Game want to be successfull there need to be a balance in population and a lot of these playstyles viable, fun to play and possible to make a living on Nave.
If not, it will end like MO1 or any other full loot PvP game.
Stop listening to PVERs for your PVP game. YOU CANNOT PLEASE EVERYONE.
I'd say everyone in this game is a PVE'r to some degree or do you play in Vendor gear and where did you have the coins for the vendor from?
The Game has a PvEvP concept.
Everyone is also a PvPer, in a Sandbox RPG with open PvP everyone avoiding to fight and surviving already has successfully PVP'd versus all the players that were out to kill this player.
You want to fight players more often, declare war, fight the enemy guild, no?
Instead, you have this confused mess where no one is pleased, and the game sucks.
i'm not confused and pleased by the game, looking forward for new features and dont think the game sucks.
The people who want to PVP can't PVP, and the PVErs need players to be the content, because there is no PVE content. An endless destructive feedback loop; if you cannot focus the vision of your game, it is doomed for a swift failure.
PvPers can PvP all day, its open PvP full loot game, what hinders you from doing PvP?
i dont understand what you want to say with PVErs need players to be the content?!?
And i also dont understand why there is no PvE Content?!? Again Sandbox RPG. There is wildlife and Dungeons, also many things you can do in this sandbox beside PvP. Again there is trading, gathering, crafting, fishing, socializing, diplomacy, storrytelling, roleplaying - odd i know - and maybe some more i'm not aware off until.

can't help, but i think the game isn't for you, stop complaining and asking Devs to change the fundamental core of the Game what is a RPG sandbox into your PvP only Game fantasy. 🤷‍♂️

Myta

Feb 25, 2022
So far every single gankbox on the market has failed, and resulted in a minimal playerbase very soon. And it is really easy to see why: those that want fair skill based pvp and nothing else are better off to play a pure pvp game. Valorant, Mordhau, Starcraft, Fortnite, Street Fighter... lots of options, depending on how exactly you want to fight, you get into the fights much faster and they are much fairer. For pure pvp these are clearly superior. So the target audience for a gankbox are not really those that want good skill based pvp. Its those that want easy wins all the time due to fighting with superior gear or numbers. But this requires that they have victims. And there simply are no players that are content with playing the role of victim. If the game has nothing besides that to offer to them, they just leave. So the gankers playstyle doesnt work either. So they leave too.

Maybe this is at least part of the reason why Henriks vision for the game is an immersive sandbox mmo, not a gankbox.

So stop trying to turn it into one. Its not supposed to be one, and if it were, it would die pretty quickly.

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
How can you say MO2 is anti PVP? I see loads of PVP. In fact, there are places you can go that are almost constant PVP.

Like most of these types of post, it's not PVP you want, it's just a consequence free gankfest that you're looking for. Fortunately for most of the playerbase - PVPers, PVEers, and those of us who like to do both - it's not gonna happen.

Xenom

Feb 23, 2022
How can you say MO2 is anti PVP? I see loads of PVP. In fact, there are places you can go that are almost constant PVP.

Like most of these types of post, it's not PVP you want, it's just a consequence free gankfest that you're looking for. Fortunately for most of the playerbase - PVPers, PVEers, and those of us who like to do both - it's not gonna happen.

I personally would say that basically the murder/rep system is way to carebear and forgiving especially with the house functions, priests and stables coming. It encourages the wannabe PK's to jump everything in sight moaning about anything that is a consequence no matter how minor it is.
Going red should be a long term commitment and should be visible to others.

PvP for most ppl should be through war decs/guild and alliance enemies or in lawless areas and a pk should know that it will be not easy be red. Hope it will be like that when more pvp stuff is finished as I understand how underwhelming it is atm.

Dunno it feels like MO2 is quite close to a gankbox right now and I just hope that with lawless areas, war decs and such there will also be more sandbox and less gankbox systems in place.
I really love full loot games and since darkfall there is no going back to eve for the combat system alone but sadly none I liked survived if it let the gankbox rule the game.

Reactions: Turd and Wollkneul

Big Lips

Feb 16, 2022
wrong, you can do parcels in lawless towns that give Rep with Tindmrem or Khurite for example.

just guessing and bad assumptions caused by a frustrated player?!?

false, there is , maybe just not for you.

again bad assumptions, no facts - the PvE people talk the same about PvP.

you could have avoided that and it does exactly what it is for, turn ther game more into the direction of a RPG Sandbox rather than a Battle Royale KOS Sandbox.

Cannot confirm this and if Parcels are tedious is a matter of taste, i like doing them.
Now you start insulting PvE focussed players, why?

Ahhh - but this didnt work well since UO and above all for MO1. So SV tries different, understandable, no?!?
BTW Henrik said its not a PvP Game, it's a MMORPG Sandbox. The Core of the Game is a ROLEPLAY GAME!!!
PvP is just one factor to ROLEPLAY with and there are others like crafting, trading, socializing to diplomacy etc...

It would destroy my immersion if you can kill me and guards wont do anything about that next time you enter town.
MC schould last 24h ingame time at minimum. Becoming grey should at minimum last for 4hours. Without Consequences the game would be much more immersionbreaking.
The two succsessfull PvP Games with full loot on the Market are EvE and Albion, they have Safe Zones, Guards and afaik one even PvE only zones.
Nobody ask you to delete your character, you did what you did and now you cant take the consequences and start complaining and insult others beeing guilty.
Another is Sea of Thieves what allows you to flee from agressive players if you are just cautious enough and dont risk too much loot. You simply cannot force PVP on everyone and if you do, you dont need to develop a RPG Sandbox, but only a BR Shooter or something like that. There is Mortal Royale already.

Again, this is a RPG, not a PvP only game, what players belong to the game is not decided by you. You can learn to exist with other playstyles and adapt or you can realize the game maybe isn't for you as you are looking for a PvP game and this be an ROLEPLAYGAME.
In RPG Sandboxes many playstyles can coexist and to enlive the world it needs a variance of playstyles coexisting, this includes PVP focussed players who go PK or anti-PK, but also gatherers, crafters, traders, socializers...
And if the online RPG Sandbox Game want to be successfull there need to be a balance in population and a lot of these playstyles viable, fun to play and possible to make a living on Nave.
If not, it will end like MO1 or any other full loot PvP game.

I'd say everyone in this game is a PVE'r to some degree or do you play in Vendor gear and where did you have the coins for the vendor from?
The Game has a PvEvP concept.
Everyone is also a PvPer, in a Sandbox RPG with open PvP everyone avoiding to fight and surviving already has successfully PVP'd versus all the players that were out to kill this player.
You want to fight players more often, declare war, fight the enemy guild, no?

i'm not confused and pleased by the game, looking forward for new features and dont think the game sucks.

PvPers can PvP all day, its open PvP full loot game, what hinders you from doing PvP?
i dont understand what you want to say with PVErs need players to be the content?!?
And i also dont understand why there is no PvE Content?!? Again Sandbox RPG. There is wildlife and Dungeons, also many things you can do in this sandbox beside PvP. Again there is trading, gathering, crafting, fishing, socializing, diplomacy, storrytelling, roleplaying - odd i know - and maybe some more i'm not aware off until.

can't help, but i think the game isn't for you, stop complaining and asking Devs to change the fundamental core of the Game what is a RPG sandbox into your PvP only Game fantasy. 🤷‍♂️

Have you been to a lawless town? I rest my case.

Anyone who has been to a lawless town knows it is full of potatoes thinking they "own the town". They can endlessly spawnkill with impunity.

Regarding the parcels? What is the purpose of the mechanic outside of wasting time? Ask for a moment why it is even there. What does it accomplish that helps the game?

It doesn't stop people killing others. So what does it do?

Let me tell you what it does : it limits PVP, and it kicks you out of a town for engaging in too much of it.

Why is a PVP game limiting PVP? Also, why is the punishment so harsh that it is easier to reroll than consider going to a lawless town?

WHY is it so damn harsh??? Why is there not a better method of rep returning to normal? JUST PUT IT ON A TIMER IF YOU NEED TO LIMIT PVP; DO NOT SEND PEOPLE TO BE SPAWNKILLED ENDLESSLY WHERE THEY WILL QUIT THE GAME FOR BEING SO BADLY DESIGNED. THAT IS OBVIOUS.

Also, there is a point to playing a game with no player retention? A game that NEEDs other players as it's core to work? You're wrong. Your game will die quickly, and you will have nothing to do. Only in the instance that is fun for you would that be enjoyable. Badly thought out response on your end. Even on a superficial layer you can clearly see thinking that this is a good thing is a terrible idea that contradicts the overall goal of the game.

Yes, i could've avoided being kicked from a town by not PVPing, and instead partaking in PVE. Pointless PVE that achieves nothing, that takes me back to the original point of the mechanic being pointless. So again, your argument is poorly thought out, and you just say "false!". No, you need an explanation on why it is a good or bad thing, otherwise your argument has no weight.

Also, saying "this didn't work well in blah blah blah game".. Right, but look at MO2 now. Is it working well? The player base is a fraction of what it was and only a month has passed from when i last played. It is nosediving hard. It is nosediving because it is an anti-pvp pvp game. A game that goes against it's own core.

If people want to free-For-all kill eachother? Let them. That is what people want. That is how the world works. You don't forcefully try to shape them into behaving certain ways via psychic mind police.

You saying "it is an RPG game"; right, in service of a PVP core. The core is built on interacting with other players. Everything you do on this game is in the hopes you'll at some point interact with other players. Most of the time in combat. What do you think all the stuff you're buying is ultimately for? Why are you growing your power? Because that is what you do when you "progress" in the game. You grow in power. You make gold, you use it in service to become more powerful.

Why? To use it eventually against other players. To dominate your foes. Not to kill some easymode boss over and over that has nothing interesting about it outside of the players you run into on the way down to it. Killing the boss is ALSO used to make you more powerful. You are NOT killing the boss to kill the boss. It is to make you more powerful when compared to other players.

You see, everything in the game only matters when opposition via another player comes into play. That is where the emotion and tension is, that is the HEART of the game. So regardless of the intent of the developers, it is easy to see what the core is. Developer intention doesn't matter over what the game actually is.

Lastly, the whole point i'm making is the game is too harsh on PVPers. It has a pointless system that limits PVP where it needn't be; the dungeons are still full of PVP. Also, the criminal mechanic is seriously flawed.. For example.. Want to know why i got kicked out of town? Because i accidentally hit someone when i meant to push them, and i had criminal actions turned on after a long break. (which shouldn't be in a menu btw, since you need to be able to turn it on and off quickly), This was fine, because i didn't kill them, although their friend killed me because i was now a criminal.

But guess what? The guy then died to some other player in the dungeon, and guess who got reported for murderer 10 minutes later? Right. So i'm kicked from a town for an accident, and not actually murdering anyone. So now i basically have to reroll because i can't go lawless either.

What will most people do when they figure this out? They will quit. The game also doesn't explain this to you from the get-go, or not clearly enough. It is a trashy mechanic that is not only poorly implement, it serves no real purpose other than to cap the fun in the game.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
What whiny post.
If you love free for all, no consequences pvp gameplay go live in Gaul Kor or Kranesh or Jungle Camp or Cave camp. Over there it works exactly like you want it to. Players make the law.

You can have a million murder counts and negative rep there and nobody will care. 99% of the map is open for you.

Why do you complain about the 1% of the map where you cant go (aka guarded cities)?

Last edited:

Big Lips

Feb 16, 2022
What whiny post.
If you love free for all, no consequences pvp gameplay go live in Gaul Kor or Kranesh or Jungle Camp or Cave camp. Over there it works exactly like you want it to. Players make the law.

You can have a million murder counts and negative rep there and nobody will care. 99% of the map is open for you.

Why do you complain about the 1% of the map where you cant go (aka guarded cities)?
Did you just call my post whiny when you're whining right now? What a potato.

No, the players don't make the law. They try to own the town because they have low IQ. They can't see they actually destroy the game because people literally can't play whilst being spawnkilled.

It needs to work like this :

Guards defend against violence IN the town, but outside of a town? They have no memory of what goes on. They don't hold it against you. That is the ideal set up most successful MMOs go with. The reason is obvious :

There needs to be safe locations for people to build up before venturing out. However, as it is? You get spawnkilled. There needs to be defense against spawnkilling, atleast so people can defend themselves, but also we need to be able to kill indiscriminately outside of the walls to not hinder the PVP experience. Right now you have neither. They could just add guards to pirate towns tbh, guards that don't care about rep, but defend the area from any violence.

I think the dev has learning difficulties or something, because to leave spawnkilling in is probably one of the biggest mistakes you can make in game design. People DESPISE unfairness; and what is more unfair than a bunch of weird virgins repeatedly killing spawning nakeds? He probably lost droves of people by allowing that to happen; i don't think this henrik guy is very sharp.

Last edited:

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
No, the players don't make the law. They try to own the town because they have low IQ.

Yup. Thats pretty much what happens every time you let players make their own law. You cant have it both ways. Thats why SV gave you the option to follow their rules (guarded cities) or make your own (unguarded cities). It sounds like you cant deal with either option.

Reactions: Raknor

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
No one has explained why entering towns should be off limits to PvPers. It's a kind of 'truism" from MO1, but it never really made sense. More of an argument could be made for different priests not ressing you, but the fact that you can'tt walk into a town because you are a PKer? "gankbox?"

Also MO2 is failing haha. It might end up being good. Right now, it's pretty trash. There are a lot of reasons why IMO, and I know I disagree about combat mechanics w/ a lot of people ( I like physics, not so much to study but to watch and in my games,) but the truth is that it's got a TON of problems. It's got a lot of ankle deep systems, a lot of 'not implemented' systems that are important and should have been a priority.

I actually enjoy MA, as I've said. I enjoy MC, too, but it's hard to pull off in horse armor. If I wanted to be a dick, I could go around and just kill everyone's horses and leave with very little penalties unless they suicided/got PK'd by someone else. I'm not mad at the game, tho, like a bunch of other people are. I just realize it sucks in a lot of ways.

All outside player interaction does not need to be pvp, true, but lack of player interaction is a big deal, and pvp IS a part of that. I know, or it seems, nobody wants to be open pvp (I would take it lool,) but if yo use the 1% of the map excuse re: towns... I wanna live in my town! But I'll be open pvp for 99% of the map, so it should be cool, right?

People don't really get 'punished' by these systems anyway, they just have to set up an alternative means. I think seeing hardened criminals in town is good content. lol You see griefers, anyway, what's the difference.

Stundorn

Jul 18, 2021
What whiny post.
indeed @Big Lips

Have you been to a lawless town? I rest my case.
Gaul Kor many times, Cave Camp and Jungle Camp also and sometimes in Kranesh in the first weeks.
If i get Priestcamped i go to another, easy
Anyone who has been to a lawless town knows it is full of potatoes thinking they "own the town".
They do own the town and as it seems you arent one of them or respected.
Makes up the question who's the potatoe here 🤔?
It doesn't stop people killing others. So what does it do?
Let me tell you what it does : it limits PVP
because you said i havent thought things through, have you or do you see how contradicting you are?
Why is a PVP game limiting PVP?
Because it's not a PvP game only, but an online Roleplay Sandbox that limits PvP for several reasons, like EvE or Albion or any other online Roleplaygame does.
One of the reasons i wrote up above and can repeat for you: sandbox games support many playstyles and a KOS PK playstyle is the one playstyle that goes against every other playstyle. To have a healthy population and enough variance in viable playstyles the KOS PK playstyle has to have some conseqences and limitations. Some do it with safezones, PvE only Zones, Guards, Reputation Systems or other downtimes.
Mortal Online 2 actually is the most forgiving MMORPG with open PVP and full loot, that gives KOS PK players a lot of freedom with 4! lawless towns, red priests in the wild and at most castles.
The restrictions and downtimes to KOS PKing imho are way to low and forgiving.
With houses easily affordable and having all you need to regear it's a cakewalk.

Pointless PVE that achieves nothing
matter of taste and where do you get your gear or coins from you said?
Also, saying "this didn't work well in blah blah blah game".. Right, but look at MO2 now. Is it working well?
seem so XD

Also, there is a point to playing a game with no player retention? A game that NEEDs other players as it's core to work? You're wrong. Your game will die quickly, and you will have nothing to do. Only in the instance that is fun for you would that be enjoyable. Badly thought out response on your end. Even on a superficial layer you can clearly see thinking that this is a good thing is a terrible idea that contradicts the overall goal of the game.
What you say the overall goal of the game is is maybe not the overall goal of the game? just to say.
I could rephrase the whole paragraph and argue with it against you. funny.

If people want to free-For-all kill eachother? Let them. That is what people want. That is how the world works. You don't forcefully try to shape them into behaving certain ways via psychic mind police.
lol - i love the reallife comparison XD
You saying "it is an RPG game"; right, in service of a PVP core. The core is built on interacting with other players. Everything you do on this game is in the hopes you'll at some point interact with other players. Most of the time in combat.
eh no why it need to be combat mostly? I dont get this.
Most of the time, even for all PVPers outside they interact cooperatively to organize stuff, especially PVP, no?!?
God with whom i argue here?

What do you think all the stuff you're buying is ultimately for? Why are you growing your power? Because that is what you do when you "progress" in the game. You grow in power. You make gold, you use it in service to become more powerful.
well, no! :LOL:
I mostly immerse and just play the game and PvP is only a fraction of what i do, i gather a lot, trade, roleplay...
The only thing that would make me stronger is high end gear, but i prefer the stuff i can replace more easy and mostly by myself, i'm not after more power, i'm powerfull enough for what i do ^^
I do PvE and i also do PvP, only defensive, this said attacking is sometimes a good way to defense oneself ;)
My build isn't min maxed, my powers are limited and i'm not a progress gamer! I play for playings sake, i immerse and hang around and you can hold as much carots on a stick like you want in front of my nose i wont go after it.
That is the beauty of a sandbox.
You may need to break free from your thinking and meritocracy min max gaming to understand my playstyle.
I understand yours completely and it only amuses me how invested you are when you use capital letters for example.

To dominate your foes.
For me it's enough to fight them off and defend myself, i dont want to pwn anyone.
Not to kill some easymode boss over and over that has nothing interesting about it outside of the players you run into on the way down to it. Killing the boss is ALSO used to make you more powerful. You are NOT killing the boss to kill the boss. It is to make you more powerful when compared to other players.
matter of taste, sounds like someone who can only see his PoV and insist on knowing the truth alone.

You see, everything in the game only matters when opposition via another player comes into play. That is where the emotion and tension is, that is the HEART of the game. So regardless of the intent of the developers, it is easy to see what the core is.
disagree, but i see your point. It's just not mine.

Developer intention doesn't matter over what the game actually is.
funny XD

Lastly, the whole point i'm making is the game is too harsh on PVPers. It has a pointless system that limits PVP where it needn't be; the dungeons are still full of PVP. Also, the criminal mechanic is seriously flawed.. For example.. Want to know why i got kicked out of town? Because i accidentally hit someone when i meant to push them, and i had criminal actions turned on after a long break. (which shouldn't be in a menu btw, since you need to be able to turn it on and off quickly), This was fine, because i didn't kill them, although their friend killed me because i was now a criminal.

But guess what? The guy then died to some other player in the dungeon, and guess who got reported for murderer 10 minutes later? Right. So i'm kicked from a town for an accident, and not actually murdering anyone. So now i basically have to reroll because i can't go lawless either.

What will most people do when they figure this out? They will quit. The game also doesn't explain this to you from the get-go, or not clearly enough. It is a trashy mechanic that is not only poorly implement, it serves no real purpose other than to cap the fun in the game.
wow just wow
need a handkerchief?
Lots of opportunists turn criminal actions on and off like they need to have it situationally.
They are all agressive players more or less.
I like it's in a menu as i think it should be a choice that you cannot switch so often.
Maybe they should make it have a timer that you can only switch on or off once a day or at least several hours.

I play with criminal actions off all the time and only attack grey players by choice.
I'm defensive and blue by conviction. I was a red PK in older games and allways only played one charakter!
I have and play by principles!

Torothin

Mar 17, 2022
So far every single gankbox on the market has failed, and resulted in a minimal playerbase very soon. And it is really easy to see why: those that want fair skill based pvp and nothing else are better off to play a pure pvp game. Valorant, Mordhau, Starcraft, Fortnite, Street Fighter... lots of options, depending on how exactly you want to fight, you get into the fights much faster and they are much fairer. For pure pvp these are clearly superior. So the target audience for a gankbox are not really those that want good skill based pvp. Its those that want easy wins all the time due to fighting with superior gear or numbers. But this requires that they have victims. And there simply are no players that are content with playing the role of victim. If the game has nothing besides that to offer to them, they just leave. So the gankers playstyle doesnt work either. So they leave too.

Maybe this is at least part of the reason why Henriks vision for the game is an immersive sandbox mmo, not a gankbox.

So stop trying to turn it into one. Its not supposed to be one, and if it were, it would die pretty quickly.

This statement is wrong. Eve has been on the market since 2003 and has an active player base.

Big Lips

Feb 16, 2022
Yup. Thats pretty much what happens every time you let players make their own law. You cant have it both ways. Thats why SV gave you the option to follow their rules (guarded cities) or make your own (unguarded cities). It sounds like you cant deal with either option.
You're trying to tackle a point that was never made :

The problem is the decision to make normal towns anti-pvp by adding a rep system. That is the argument i'm making. Irrelevant to that point is that lawless cities are the fix for that; i'm pointing out why they are not. You saying "that is why they added lawless towns" ignores the core point i'm making to begin with.

Big Lips

Feb 16, 2022
indeed @Big Lips

Gaul Kor many times, Cave Camp and Jungle Camp also and sometimes in Kranesh in the first weeks.
If i get Priestcamped i go to another, easy

They do own the town and as it seems you arent one of them or respected.
Makes up the question who's the potatoe here 🤔?

because you said i havent thought things through, have you or do you see how contradicting you are?

Because it's not a PvP game only, but an online Roleplay Sandbox that limits PvP for several reasons, like EvE or Albion or any other online Roleplaygame does.
One of the reasons i wrote up above and can repeat for you: sandbox games support many playstyles and a KOS PK playstyle is the one playstyle that goes against every other playstyle. To have a healthy population and enough variance in viable playstyles the KOS PK playstyle has to have some conseqences and limitations. Some do it with safezones, PvE only Zones, Guards, Reputation Systems or other downtimes.
Mortal Online 2 actually is the most forgiving MMORPG with open PVP and full loot, that gives KOS PK players a lot of freedom with 4! lawless towns, red priests in the wild and at most castles.
The restrictions and downtimes to KOS PKing imho are way to low and forgiving.
With houses easily affordable and having all you need to regear it's a cakewalk.

matter of taste and where do you get your gear or coins from you said?

seem so XD

What you say the overall goal of the game is is maybe not the overall goal of the game? just to say.
I could rephrase the whole paragraph and argue with it against you. funny.

lol - i love the reallife comparison XD

eh no why it need to be combat mostly? I dont get this.
Most of the time, even for all PVPers outside they interact cooperatively to organize stuff, especially PVP, no?!?
God with whom i argue here?

well, no! :LOL:
I mostly immerse and just play the game and PvP is only a fraction of what i do, i gather a lot, trade, roleplay...
The only thing that would make me stronger is high end gear, but i prefer the stuff i can replace more easy and mostly by myself, i'm not after more power, i'm powerfull enough for what i do ^^
I do PvE and i also do PvP, only defensive, this said attacking is sometimes a good way to defense oneself ;)
My build isn't min maxed, my powers are limited and i'm not a progress gamer! I play for playings sake, i immerse and hang around and you can hold as much carots on a stick like you want in front of my nose i wont go after it.
That is the beauty of a sandbox.
You may need to break free from your thinking and meritocracy min max gaming to understand my playstyle.
I understand yours completely and it only amuses me how invested you are when you use capital letters for example.

For me it's enough to fight them off and defend myself, i dont want to pwn anyone.

matter of taste, sounds like someone who can only see his PoV and insist on knowing the truth alone.

disagree, but i see your point. It's just not mine.

funny XD

wow just wow
need a handkerchief?
Lots of opportunists turn criminal actions on and off like they need to have it situationally.
They are all agressive players more or less.
I like it's in a menu as i think it should be a choice that you cannot switch so often.
Maybe they should make it have a timer that you can only switch on or off once a day or at least several hours.

I play with criminal actions off all the time and only attack grey players by choice.
I'm defensive and blue by conviction. I was a red PK in older games and allways only played one charakter!
I have and play by principles!
"i just go to another town" LOL

Dude, nobody is going to put up with that. Let me explain all the issues with that :

A) You're not told there are other non-priest camped places
B) Those other places can also be priest camped, which renders your point incorrect. That is not a solution.

Think rationally for a moment. Who is going to run to another priest where they could also be camped?

No, they're going to say "this game is unfair", and then they'll quit. Why? Because spawncamping this egregious is one of the worst things you can subject a player to. We are biologically wired to be intolerant to clear unfairness.

Here is a video on a study of "fairness", i suggest you watch it :

You will destroy the game if you ignore these biological factors present in human beings. You will alienate the majority, and only bummers who team up enmasse will think it is fine because they won't be subjected to it. The worst players will get the easiest ride, and people will see that and discard the game.

I don't have time to go over the rest of your novel, i know if there are any other disagreements i'd disprove them though,given your current level of argument. So we'll just pretend i did that to save myself time.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
You're trying to tackle a point that was never made :

The problem is the decision to make normal towns anti-pvp by adding a rep system. That is the argument i'm making. Irrelevant to that point is that lawless cities are the fix for that; i'm pointing out why they are not. You saying "that is why they added lawless towns" ignores the core point i'm making to begin with.

And my point is that only some towns restrict pvp ( you still can with wardecs by the way). There are 4 towns where you can pvp all you want, but you are here complaining about the other 8 towns that do allow pvp but with consequences. You still can pvp in town, you just have to farm rep to do it.

The current system give everyone a spot where to be happy, both hardcore pvpers and not so hard core ones. you instead want all towns to just be lawless so you can be happy.

You sir have no point, just egotism and selfishness.

Big Lips

Feb 16, 2022
And my point is that only some towns restrict pvp ( you still can with wardecs by the way). There are 4 towns where you can pvp all you want, but you are here complaining about the other 8 towns that do allow pvp but with consequences. You still can pvp in town, you just have to farm rep to do it.

The current system give everyone a spot where to be happy, both hardcore pvpers and not so hard core ones. you instead want all towns to just be lawless so you can be happy.

You sir have no point, just egotism and selfishness.
And i said :

That isn't enough. That doesn't work because of spawnkilling. You're just an angry PVEr who caught the wrong end of PVP too many times, and now you're angry at PVPers and want them sealed away and punished for enjoying some harmless fun.

It is your butthurt ego that has you on this path. Proof that everyone isn't happy is that the game is dead. Your theory is wrong, it is evident from the current state of the game. It is time for someone with a brain to takeover.

It isn't so bad now that the game is nearly dead though, it only becomes a problem when people care about the game.