MO1 to MO2 Legacy

Blitz

Feb 15, 2021
I've been reading many threads about MO2 having not the same content as MO1 even so i would like to know what miss actually in MO2 beside the roadmap part to make MO2 a strong game and actually , have more content than the 1.

Thanks

Rhias

May 28, 2020
First of all I'm not sure if all things on the roadmap include what you think they do.
E.g. the swimming patch did not include combat mode inside the water. So you can't be sure that "Mounts" also include Mounted Combat, Mounted Archery & Mounted Magic. :D

- A lot of dungeons
- Relics
- "Dynamic" event such as invasions
- Bos mobs
- Necromancy
- Elementalism
- Amulets/Rings
- Lockpicking
- TC
- Proper AI
- Campfires
- Siege Weapons
- "Rare" NPC's that sell/trade special items such as skillbooks.
- Water combat
- Water monsters

Last edited:

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
What?

So far what's missing from MO2: Basically everything outside of basic melee combat, basic archery, basic magic, players, some crafting, cooking and alchemy, Risars, Springbok, Pigs, Wisent, Steppe Horses, some static structures, most but not all of Myrland.

Blitz

Feb 15, 2021
okay i get it thanks for reply, i see. There is quite a lot of things actually, im wondering how they plan to add it on the game, i know being independants is hard these days for developpers and i hope thesubscription of people playing will allow them to polish those points above

Jan 23, 2021
They will continually add new content for the next 9 months or so. Persistent launch is supposed to come at the end of March, but early access won't end for a while yet.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Well, to be fair a public paid for release with subscriptions is a public paid for release with subscriptions, no matter if there is Early Access written down somewhere. :p Might as well just do the same they did with MO1, just "release" with features missing and future adjustments still pending.
With MMORPGs with persistent worlds this is even worse anyway, because they are in constant development anyway.

Reactions: Suttner

Blitz

Feb 15, 2021
yeah true we will see anyway but from what i see the roadmap is quite respected well in the overall so we can expect good update

Reactions: Xunila
Jan 23, 2021
Well, to be fair a public paid for release with subscriptions is a public paid for release with subscriptions, no matter if there is Early Access written down somewhere. :p Might as well just do the same they did with MO1, just "release" with features missing and future adjustments still pending.
With MMORPGs with persistent worlds this is even worse anyway, because they are in constant development anyway.

Oh Dude - fully agree. Life Is Feudal released with subs and cosmetics and had MMO servers running for 3 years as a 'beta', before finally shutting things down. The entire online gaming industry needs an agreed upon W3C standard.

Reactions: bbihah and Castiel