MO needs a better Endgame

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
I think MO is fun when you're new and exploring and leveling up your skills, learning the game, etc. But once you get your skills maxed and you get enough gold there really isn't a strong endgame. You can only travel to a dungeon so many times before it gets boring, kill so many random players for their 4g worth of gear before it gets boring, mine so many rocks before it gets boring, etc. There really isn't a lot in the game that gives you a sense of excitement or fun when you're maxed out. I won't really go into examples and ideas, because lets be honest SV doesn't listen to anyone feedback and will probably spend the next year working on boats or something stupid

Reactions: Deleted member 44

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
Welcome to the realization of what MO2 offers. Glad you've left the honeymoon phase of the game and realize the game is 1000kms wide but only 1cm deep. The game is a shell with little filling. There's not enough content in the world to keep people interested. The only things left to do after you've passed the initial grind is either sit in town roleplaying/dueling, look for PvP or stop playing.

Too bad the available PvP is poopy as the only PvP available is town outskirt borefest, since no one is actually in the world, and ends in you getting zerged. Because there's nothing to do. Gold is too easy to get, not enough gold sinks, no real actual supply & demand, not enough world content, not enough reason for people to get deep into politics so proper conflict can take place. MO2 really needed another year in the oven before it released.

1000s of players have stopped playing. Die hard fans that came from MO1 feel burnt a second time. It's been nothing but a downwards spiral since MO2 release, which was abysmal. I really hope SV can pull out of this and get their content development pipeline priority sorted, because their priority ladder content is almost backwards to what it needs to be.

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
the worst part is, last stream, henrik admitted they don't have funds problems, and that they can go on for a while without subs ...
why the hell did you release in january then?
And even if there was financial problems at the time ... open a kickstarter to delay a release for 6 months / a year ... would have been filled up very very easily with the beta state of the time ... everybody would have understood.
I thought the problem was lack of programers ... but now i think the main problem is decision making:
-> without taking into account all the problems, just imagine the first few months but with taverns & poker ... just that, the difference in player retention.
especially when it has been teased the whole beta, and people were hyped for it ... but no lets make a water lizard instead of modeling a deck of cards, let's make a useless belbus instead of modeling a new house style ... let's make a useless gaur instead of modeling another house style ...
small priorities can make huge differences ... trinkets were a good move, but should have been here from the start, when there was 4k constant.
4 instances was too damaging, and sorry to tell you that but, it doesn't take 2 months to realize it and shutdown 2 of them.
And i still don't understand why nothing was done to spread people around at release ... a simple map of towns with queue states, at the moment of haven->myrland transfert + a 'sewer' like starter dungeon in EVERY starter location: would have done miracles ... with no! let everyone start in tindrem/fab/meduli area ... even settlers starter camps in plains red/blue, where people could start building around ...

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Welcome to the realization of what MO2 offers. Glad you've left the honeymoon phase of the game and realize the game is 1000kms wide but only 1cm deep. The game is a shell with little filling. There's not enough content in the world to keep people interested. The only things left to do after you've passed the initial grind is either sit in town roleplaying/dueling, look for PvP or stop playing.

Too bad the available PvP is poopy as the only PvP available is town outskirt borefest, since no one is actually in the world, and ends in you getting zerged. Because there's nothing to do. Gold is too easy to get, not enough gold sinks, no real actual supply & demand, not enough world content, not enough reason for people to get deep into politics so proper conflict can take place. MO2 really needed another year in the oven before it released.

1000s of players have stopped playing. Die hard fans that came from MO1 feel burnt a second time. It's been nothing but a downwards spiral since MO2 release, which was abysmal. I really hope SV can pull out of this and get their content development pipeline priority sorted, because their priority ladder content is almost backwards to what it needs to be.

Yeah I just which there was more 'quicker' content, more fun stuff. I know some people are die hard against it in 'sandbox' games. But a lot of the time I really don't have the energy to gear up, feed my pets, travel all the way to a pve spot, kill some stuff, wait for them to respawn, travel all the way back. Etc. Then it's a PVP game so sometimes you get ganked and kill then you have to buy a new horse, gear up again, etc. I just wish there was more content that was simple and not super tedious or frustrating. I simply don't really have the energy or motivation to do something knowing that I need to prep and travel for like 1-2 hours

Reactions: Jatix

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
the worst part is, last stream, henrik admitted they don't have funds problems, and that they can go on for a while without subs ...
And even if there was financial problems at the time ... open a kickstarter to delay a release for 6 months / a year ... would have been filled up very very easily with the beta state of the time ... everybody would have understood.
I thought the problem was lack of programers ... but now i think the main problem is decision making:
-> without taking into account all the problems, just imagine the first few months but with taverns & poker ... just that, the difference in player retention.
especially when it has been teased the whole beta, and people were hyped for it ... but no lets make a water lizard instead of modeling a deck of cards, let's make a useless belbus instead of modeling a new house style ... let's make a useless gaur instead of modeling another house style ...
small priorities can make huge differences ... trinkets were a good move, but should have been here from the start, when there was 4k constant.
4 instances was too damaging, and sorry to tell you that but, it doesn't take 2 months to realize it and shutdown 2 of them.
And i still don't understand why nothing was done to spread people around at release ... a simple map of towns with queue states, at the moment of haven->myrland transfert + a 'sewer' like starter dungeon in EVERY starter location: would have done miracles ... with no! let everyone start in tindrem/fab/meduli area ... even settlers starter camps in plains red/blue, where people could start building around ...

I agree w/ minigames. MO1 had a lock picking mini game. You know, I don't think I ever tried it cuz I never leveled lock picking, but I saw vids. Seemed interesting; it was SOMETHING, altho they needed to fix chest camping problems.

If they aren't having fund problems they need to really gut their game and think about it. I would love to see the game wiped (good way to get this thread closed!!) once they get siege and such in place. The pipe dream that the world is going to fill out w/ TC is... just that, a pipe dream. There need to be more static buildings, there should be areas that offer player choice in terms of TC, tho, like preset prebuild 5 diff types of things that you can put places, own, and people can siege. Not as all TC, but ALSO. Spice it up. Imagine a nice little tavern in the wild w/ EQ, a broker, open pvp, a storage, so cool kids could kick it there and other people could get farmed... or people could fight over it. It's not that hard to imagine ways to make MO good, basically give people options.

The fact that MO is fine on money tbh is kinda trash. Not that I want them to be bleeding out money... but, what are they even doing then?

My 2 come back wishlists are A. super gut + siege. I don't want the mats to stay, but if they have to, they have to. B. Test server w/ NO TC, separate banks, x100... just dick around. Maybe then they could look at some data and balance the game opposed to listening to people salt out about this and that. I'd def help out w/ the test server.

I really think in some ways no matter how much they had planned for MO2, it would have come crashing down due to how awful the start was; however, because the start was so awful, because MO2 is so young, and because I CAN'T SEE ANY OTHER WAY, they really should just restart once they get a bit more of a foundation. At this point, by the time the foundation is built, it'll be on such shaky ground that the game will not be able to refresh itself even with player mechanics like siege...

still looking for the parts of the game that require PLAYER SKILL or PLAYER INTELLIGENCE to make gains opposed to just more people. Of course, you can derp out on a big boss, but I'm not talking about punishing people who fail, I'm talking about giving people who have innovative ways of thinking (not exploiting bosses lol) some rewards. Whether it's spots that are really hard to climb to, more recipe stuff, mini games, etc.

Like I've said 1000x, guess I'm not a TRU PVPER, but MO was A WORLD. This is soooo shoddy as a world, and that's the first thing they need to fix. That's the ONE PART they should get right. TBH I'd rather have MO2 be PURE PVE and resemble a world than what ever is going on now. It's just a big mess.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
The reason of the launch date was probably something they had to deliver. We as costumers understand the game was garbage on release and not to mention all the duping and unfair rules made some people have bigger advantages. But for them it just just a date.

We know they are sloppy and never deliver good shit, shoulda seen MO1 steam launch it was worse than this believe me. Did they learn something? Nah

You are not wrong, the problem is the lead programmer who is really shit, from what i know that dude is the actual bottleneck from content being ideas to being implemented. Now we are not sure what are the true reasons they don't hire more devs, at some point they said the code is gibberish and apparently it's hard to find someone that wanna get paid shit for carrying the lead developer on he's back.

Then the other part of the problem is the CEO is dissociated and they expect their development system to be enough for this Game. When the truth is that they are burying this shit.

Man i was feeling pity watching Henrique getting exited on the last stream while summoning the worst mob in the game with necronanny , fucking sad.

Last edited:

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
The reason of the launch date was probably something they had to deliver. We as costumers understand the game was garbage on release and not to mention all the duping and unfair rules made some people have bigger advantages. But for them it just just a date.

We know they are sloppy and never deliver good shit, shoulda seen MO1 steam launch it was worse than this believe me. Did they learn something? Nah

You are not wrong, the problem is the lead programmer who is really shit, from what i know that dude is the actual bottleneck from content being ideas to being implemented. Now we are not sure what are the true reasons they don't hire more devs, at some point they said the code is gibberish and apparently it's hard to find someone that wanna get paid shit for carrying the lead developer on he's back.

Then the other part of the problem is the CEO is dissociated and the expect what they did (their development system) yo be enough for this Game. When the truth is that they are burying their own game.

Man i was feeling pity watching Henrique getting exited on the last stream while summoning the worst mob in the game with necromany, fucking sad.

I think their mentality was basically 'the game is never going to be perfect, so its better to just release it in a playable state and keep updating it'

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I think their mentality was basically 'the game is never going to be perfect, so its better to just release it in a playable state and keep updating it'
But it wasn't even in a playable state, i think they got pressure from investors, steam or something to pull that launch, probably some kind of legal requirement.
We know their mentality is that the game will never be perfect, nobody here think so either.
But when the CEO says a day prior to launch that the game can handle 100k people but it can actually hold 1.5-2k people on main server means theres something wrong with the company and they need to take their heads out of their ass and work on the fucking game, otherwise this is just another moneygrab scam, so common these days.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Yeah I just which there was more 'quicker' content, more fun stuff. I know some people are die hard against it in 'sandbox' games. But a lot of the time I really don't have the energy to gear up, feed my pets, travel all the way to a pve spot, kill some stuff, wait for them to respawn, travel all the way back. Etc. Then it's a PVP game so sometimes you get ganked and kill then you have to buy a new horse, gear up again, etc. I just wish there was more content that was simple and not super tedious or frustrating. I simply don't really have the energy or motivation to do something knowing that I need to prep and travel for like 1-2 hours
And this is one of the primary reasons games like this never work out. Its too busy trying to be immersive and sandboxy to actually make fun gameplay changes that value peoples time. But this hits exactly why I dont play. Its not worth my 1-2 hours, I dont play games all day and have much more fun ones to play when I do.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
And this is one of the primary reasons games like this never work out. Its too busy trying to be immersive and sandboxy to actually make fun gameplay changes that value peoples time. But this hits exactly why I dont play. Its not worth my 1-2 hours, I dont play games all day and have much more fun ones to play when I do.

Yeah, even most mmos have some kind of short-form content. I am not against long-form content but it can't be the only form of content. Because you know it's a lot of effort to do stuff in MO2, and a lot of the time the initial effort it takes to organize and go somewhere, gear up, etc, just isn't worth it for me, i'd rather just play another game where I can hop on and start playing and having fun in five minutes. I've been feeling that way a lot more lately, especially if you're just not really feeling energetic or motivated

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Yeah, even most mmos have some kind of short-form content. I am not against long-form content but it can't be the only form of content. Because you know it's a lot of effort to do stuff in MO2, and a lot of the time the initial effort it takes to organize and go somewhere, gear up, etc, just isn't worth it for me, i'd rather just play another game where I can hop on and start playing and having fun in five minutes. I've been feeling that way a lot more lately, especially if you're just not really feeling energetic or motivated
Ya, MO1 even had some. But MO2 removed it for some reason. The griefing and aids that went on in MO1 was kinda bad but also created a lot of quick conflict. You didnt need to log into Tindrem for very long before someone does something. Was easy to find a grey or a reason to go grey. But sadly the current trash standing system completely removes that. Doing anything now isnt worth the standing loss.