Misuse of pets

Wollkneul

May 28, 2020
Why not making it a criminal offense to bring your pet into certain areas like buildings?

That's how it is in real life

Midkemma

Feb 27, 2022
Why not making it a criminal offense to bring your pet into certain areas like buildings?

That's how it is in real life

With no mechanic to aid those who deal with bags of stacks then it becomes a silly time sink of keeping people in safe towns...
I believe that a good game dev will consider the player experience. I accept that the current experience sucks but would doing as you suggested really be any better?

Real life should also be used for inspiration and not an excuse. I.E. Nature inspired computing.

People can come back and ask when you last seen someone cast spells in RL?
Also.. Can say that MC timers are not very real and jail is... Fun gameplay serving time? That's how it is in real life.

Not bitching at you. Might help in the future when some will say the obvious. ^.^

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Cite one legit reason to keep your pet around the bank other than quick load/unload.

0 reason to have your pets around the bank other than to unload and load, tbh. However, the time that takes varies. Might be digging thru bags w/e. Worst case, we have to park out pets outside and carry to the pets, which SUCKS. Having a /bank command around the bank (outside) makes more sense cuz you can immersively believe some of these guys might help you bring your stax out for you. It's bad design the way these banks are. Duli fixed it almost completely with just one outside guy imo. Add in an interface and it's cool, but you said losing loyalty in town or crowded places, not specifically in banks, and yea I still don't feel comfortable with my pets losing loyalty anywhere in town. I would agree to them not GAINING levels or loyalty in town though. I know that would trigger a lot of people, tho.

Like I said if it's not fast, it doesn't matter, and if it is fast tbh I have anxiety haha. I'd be derping out trying to load my pet watching my loyalty tick down. I don't need that! but if you could A. Keep your bank window open outside or B. bring up bank window close by, it would be fine. But the initial idea of pets losing loyalty in town is just bad.

That's the last thing I'll say tho! came since you requested an answer.

Wollkneul

May 28, 2020
With no mechanic to aid those who deal with bags of stacks then it becomes a silly time sink of keeping people in safe towns...
I believe that a good game dev will consider the player experience. I accept that the current experience sucks but would doing as you suggested really be any better?

Real life should also be used for inspiration and not an excuse. I.E. Nature inspired computing.

People can come back and ask when you last seen someone cast spells in RL?
Also.. Can say that MC timers are not very real and jail is... Fun gameplay serving time? That's how it is in real life.

Not bitching at you. Might help in the future when some will say the obvious. ^.^

Sure, it's still a game and one needs to consider game design in order to keep it fun.
But there is another factor that affects fun and that is consistentcy and immersion.
So solutions, that keep both factors are preferable to solutions that only benefit one.

I would say making players clip through animals is solving the game design factor but at the cost of the immersion factor.

A solution for your problem there could be a carrier npc in the stable area of the town. You have to pay him a minor amount of shekels and can then access your bank from there.

• Sad

housemaster

Jan 26, 2022
Ehhh?

I go out with 2 mounts and fill them up with carcasses, take them back and butcher them, and I can have up to 12 stacks per run.
I do multiple runs when I farm.
In MO1 I used to butcher over 100 stacks a day easily with buy orders.

I've known extractors get through bags of stacks.

If people are going out into the wild then they are potential content for players who seek PvP. Now that we all can have combat skills then hopefully it'll mean better/more fun PvP for them... Once the MC/Rep thing gets better?

You punish them for processing those resources then they will spend that time walking back and forth due to your suggestion instead of getting their arses outside, gathering and putting themselves at risk.

The exctractors and butchers can continue to be besieged by tamers for all I care. Only the merchants and the bank (buildings) are problematic.

Midkemma

Feb 27, 2022
Sure, it's still a game and one needs to consider game design in order to keep it fun.
But there is another factor that affects fun and that is consistentcy and immersion.
So solutions, that keep both factors are preferable to solutions that only benefit one.

I would say making players clip through animals is solving the game design factor but at the cost of the immersion factor.

A solution for your problem there could be a carrier npc in the stable area of the town. You have to pay him a minor amount of shekels and can then access your bank from there.

I'm all for things like hitching posts and maybe that could be key for accessing the mount from the bank building? If mount at hitching post then the player can access the bags anywhere within the bank building.

Going to the bank to access the bank feels a bit more consistent compared to going to stables to access bank.
Having people hitch their active mounts and thus adding to the appearance of a populated town adds to immersion.

I agree those elements are also important. Many things are which I didn't state. I was referring to the usage of real life within software development.

Wollkneul

May 28, 2020
Going to the bank to access the bank feels a bit more consistent compared to going to stables to access bank.
Having people hitch their active mounts and thus adding to the appearance of a populated town adds to immersion.

I agree those elements are also important. Many things are which I didn't state. I was referring to the usage of real life within software development.

What would be your solution to the bank blocking problem?

Midkemma

Feb 27, 2022
What would be your solution to the bank blocking problem?

Assuming I have understood the issue correctly: pets in doorways and general annoyance from pets in bank area, plus other buildings?

Hitching posts outside of buildings. Access while in bank building or right next to it.
Can do this for more buildings. Update the building check to make sure the post is linked to the correct building and spam out the mechanic.

Put an invisible wall around doorways that only block pets, put down a cattle grid texture. I say around as if it is right in the doorway then it doesn't really stop blocking issue so have the grid cover an arc around the doorway to increase circumference of area needed to be blocked.

I would also add in a got whacked function on the mounts that moves them slightly... Like a push for players.
No system is perfect so plan for the eventual bug ;)
If a mount can be moved by 'pushing' then even if a player can block somewhere overlooked, the player at least has the option to thwack the offending mule out the way... But this shouldn't be the main way as randomly abusing peoples mounts isn't very kind or polite ^.^

I know people were calling for this sort of think in MO1. I haven't thought of this as a new idea. I remembered it from being suggested in MO1. I honestly can't recall who suggested this as many people have said in the past that it would be a better implementation of what they had.

giants.jpg