Move Tephra/Blast Furnace to center map

• Move Tephra Center Map

• Move Blast Furnace Center Map

• Move Both Center Map

• Fine As Is

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
I would much prefer similar resources in several corners of the map then. Instead of some never ending server war for GK that ultimately crushes the population of the game.

ye , because once a superguild devellop it's gonna be a repeat of rpk walling or equivalent

end game ressource should be hard to get alright , but a multi lvl spawn seem alright for me ; give it a meteor shower to either get a big crater to mine or several small crater , i'd like the idea of like 10 small spot better , i mean , that could make a random player "get rich" just for being lucky ^^

D

Dracu

I think the lake in the middle of the map is awesome. It creates so much pvp and politics... everybody wants it. So no go away with your silly ideas of putting tephra in the middle of the map... water is way more worthy to fight for.

Anthius

Aug 24, 2021
I would much prefer similar resources in several corners of the map then. Instead of some never ending server war for GK that ultimately crushes the population of the game.

lol the tephra is what killed the games population? Really? not ninja seiging? wonky performance that made no sense? Months of shit metas without patching? Corrupt Gms? Wonky guards spawning in the ground? Guilds being allowed to force the guards to spawn under the ground with wonky building placement? Not the prom bug that allowed ppl to have 500 guards. Or the meta at the end of the game with all keeps having 100000 guard houses? Really? it was the tephra being in GK?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Qik

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
lol the tephra is what killed the games population? Really? not ninja seiging? wonky performance that made no sense? Months of shit metas without patching? Corrupt Gms? Wonky guards spawning in the ground? Guilds being allowed to force the guards to spawn under the ground with wonky building placement? Not the prom bug that allowed ppl to have 500 guards. Or the meta at the end of the game with all keeps having 100000 guard houses? Really? it was the tephra being in GK?
Half that stuff is still there and the other half is on the way.

and no I don't think putting every single valuable thing in the game in GK helped.

Tephra, blast furnace, gnat, kimuru?????

The way I see it, one faction controls GK, another faction zergs up to take it, the other faction tries to zerg up harder. Eventually half the server quits.

How is that good?

A game needs more than one option for something.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dracu

Anthius

Aug 24, 2021
Half that stuff is still there and the other half is on the way.

and no I don't think putting every single valuable thing in the game in GK helped.

Tephra, blast furnace, gnat, kimuru?????

The way I see it, one faction controls GK, another faction zergs up to take it, the other faction tries to zerg up harder. Eventually half the server quits.

How is that good?

A game needs more than one option for something.

Gnat and Kimuru arent even in the GK valley. They are part of the mino valley.

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
Gnat and Kimuru arent even in the GK valley. They are part of the mino valley.

i don't remember the boss position cause when i played mo1 population was so low that i couldn't just do them with me and my noob friend ; for boss i do agree that one and only one make it worthy of killing it for potential rare drop and all ; but for ressource , there should me multiple choice , i mean hey , outside the fact that 1 spot alone make it campable etc will anyone outside big guild will even bother gathering , transporting and using that stuff , multiple small spot with dayly limited ressource or maybe just a finite ammount , would make ppl look for it and will fight for it the same and i think it's much more fun and enjoyable that making 10/20/150 people camp there

Anthius

Aug 24, 2021
i don't remember the boss position cause when i played mo1 population was so low that i couldn't just do them with me and my noob friend ; for boss i do agree that one and only one make it worthy of killing it for potential rare drop and all ; but for ressource , there should me multiple choice , i mean hey , outside the fact that 1 spot alone make it campable etc will anyone outside big guild will even bother gathering , transporting and using that stuff , multiple small spot with dayly limited ressource or maybe just a finite ammount , would make ppl look for it and will fight for it the same and i think it's much more fun and enjoyable that making 10/20/150 people camp there

lol the whole purpose of the gk area is to fight over it. If someone is camping the tephra mine, go there.. your guaranteed a fight. If your not thinking like that, you probably shouldnt be up there.

Reactions: Xunila

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
lol the whole purpose of the gk area is to fight over it. If someone is camping the tephra mine, go there.. your guaranteed a fight. If your not thinking like that, you probably shouldnt be up there.
you missed my earlier point i guess , i missed being called a pussy

let's say one and only of whatever very valuable and extremly needed ressource is somewhere , it's not important , and it's a statics spot

start of the game , leave it a bit of time so people get the need of said ressource , you will get some fight there nothing that big but some content alright

now the game have been on for some time ; the need of that ressource start to become quite big ; guild of various size come over to farm and fight over it ; it's gruesome ; fight happen all over and all day , some soloer get some of the ressource thanks to the chaos

ok , now the game have been on for a few month , the small guild and soloer gave up on the spot cause they can't do shit , the big guild still fight over it time to time ; the spot may change hand or not depending of the size of the fighting guild ;

the lack of said ressource become a real problem ; either the guild that have the spot get to absorb soloer and small guild and keep it ; or the various guild make a coalition and evict the guild that guard the spot ; either case , congrats , you've just made a super guild !

now , after maybe 6/8 months , the game population understood that this ressource can't be gathered , maybe small ammount of it will be sold at sky high price by some of the guild member of that super guild that guard the spot ; but it will be small ammount ; cause they don't want to sell mats to ennemy guild and such
now , not much happen , because that super guild is now so big that they can camp the spot 24/7 some soloer or small raid group will come to get a fight but that's it

now , that source of content ( pvp ) is almost gone , and there is a "small" super guild that is "almost" the only one to have this valuable ressource and it make them have a material superiority ; welcome back to mo1 end game :d

if you make multiple small spots that respawn randomly ; the chance of getting the same result is so much more low , and you'll get the same basic content ( fighting over it ) + some scouting to find it ( sure it need to be really random to keep it away from becoming simple camping )

did you get my point ?

Reactions: Teknique

Anthius

Aug 24, 2021
you missed my earlier point i guess , i missed being called a pussy

let's say one and only of whatever very valuable and extremly needed ressource is somewhere , it's not important , and it's a statics spot

start of the game , leave it a bit of time so people get the need of said ressource , you will get some fight there nothing that big but some content alright

now the game have been on for some time ; the need of that ressource start to become quite big ; guild of various size come over to farm and fight over it ; it's gruesome ; fight happen all over and all day , some soloer get some of the ressource thanks to the chaos

ok , now the game have been on for a few month , the small guild and soloer gave up on the spot cause they can't do shit , the big guild still fight over it time to time ; the spot may change hand or not depending of the size of the fighting guild ;

the lack of said ressource become a real problem ; either the guild that have the spot get to absorb soloer and small guild and keep it ; or the various guild make a coalition and evict the guild that guard the spot ; either case , congrats , you've just made a super guild !

now , after maybe 6/8 months , the game population understood that this ressource can't be gathered , maybe small ammount of it will be sold at sky high price by some of the guild member of that super guild that guard the spot ; but it will be small ammount ; cause they don't want to sell mats to ennemy guild and such
now , not much happen , because that super guild is now so big that they can camp the spot 24/7 some soloer or small raid group will come to get a fight but that's it

now , that source of content ( pvp ) is almost gone , and there is a "small" super guild that is "almost" the only one to have this valuable ressource and it make them have a material superiority ; welcome back to mo1 end game :d

if you make multiple small spots that respawn randomly ; the chance of getting the same result is so much more low , and you'll get the same basic content ( fighting over it ) + some scouting to find it ( sure it need to be really random to keep it away from becoming simple camping )

did you get my point ?

Idk. If a super guild owns the region because they camp a resource, that means that there is always a super guild to fight.... which is content... As opposed to 2 separate spots that are owned by 2 massive guilds/zergs that dont ever fight each other because there is no reason to.

Reactions: Tzone and Moored

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
Having a blast furnace in the middle of the map may sound good on paper, but that just means it's closer to every other resources and point of interest by at least half the distance. Sure "players" can then fight over it more easily but does that warrant a change in the world design philosophy, especially when it comes to the importance of travel? I'd rather it be "fuck-off out of the way" if it's supposed to target the higher tiers of gear because then at the very least the effort it takes to travel there with and for the materials used in crafting is meaningful. Otherwise, what's the point of having a massive map?

EDIT: don't cuck Sausage Lake. One word: Fishing 🎣

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
no you want regional resources or the whole MMO idea goes to a few month deathmatch and a GK war will keep the population because the rest of the server has nothing to do with some guild wars in the N.

Reactions: Woody

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
placing tephra in the middle as hotspot and for other purposes is a very good idea because the map is big enough to find safe ways around the PvP hotspot, the blast furnace must stay in GK for several reasons but it was imo never a good idea to have tephra in GK near the blast furnace.

Last edited:

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
placing tephra in the middle as hotspot and for other purposes is a very good idea because the map is big enough to find safe ways around the PvP hotspot, the blast furnace must stay in GK for several reasons but it was imo never a good idea to have tephra in GK near the blast furnace.

Perhaps this is where the following suggestion from @KermyWormy starts to make more sense, although, I'm not sure if an "air drop" system is appropriate for such a slow burn and persistent game like MO.

The lore problem is easy to solve...all the tephra got mined out and stripped of ore between MO1 and MO2. A new meteor of tephra can inexplicably land elsewhere on the map, it could even be intermittent and be an active event, meteor lands, people strip mine it and it's gone until another meteor lands somewhere else etc.

Blast furnace should probably stay, but again something like the GNat could have been destroyed and rebuilt over time elsewhere...easy peasy.

GoldenGecko

Mar 14, 2021
Instead of nerfing GK they need to buff the other areas. Why doesnt vadda have a furnace? Why are so many towns unviable? Fix that before nerfing everything

Reactions: Kokolo and Dracu

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Instead of nerfing GK they need to buff the other areas. Why doesnt vadda have a furnace? Why are so many towns unviable? Fix that before nerfing everything
I mean this is true. I've been saying this for awhile. The Northern part of the map is loaded. The southern parts are where you go on vacation for a few days then go back up North.

The game needs more "Cron/Ogh tier" materials in the game. We need some exotic leathers, scales, and something for weaponcrafting in the southern areas. In MO1 you could basically sit in GK and have the best weapons and armor in the game without even having to leave the area. You even had a spider queen in your frontyard for the ironsilk.

So yeah. People can't use the "regional resources" arguement when GK exists and you can't even make steel in khurite villages lol. I think its all good and fine that GK has stuff that people want to fight over. I'm just saying other towns/areas down south need that as well.

Reactions: Teknique and Dracu

Anthius

Aug 24, 2021
I mean this is true. I've been saying this for awhile. The Northern part of the map is loaded. The southern parts are where you go on vacation for a few days then go back up North.

The game needs more "Cron/Ogh tier" materials in the game. We need some exotic leathers, scales, and something for weaponcrafting in the southern areas. In MO1 you could basically sit in GK and have the best weapons and armor in the game without even having to leave the area. You even had a spider queen in your frontyard for the ironsilk.

So yeah. People can't use the "regional resources" arguement when GK exists and you can't even make steel in khurite villages lol. I think its all good and fine that GK has stuff that people want to fight over. I'm just saying other towns/areas down south need that as well.

Panser and Cosmoid will be in and you cant get them in the north and they are not as contested. That is the trade off. And no one will be sitting in gk just collecting. They're going to be getting griefed relentlessly.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021

What do you mean? Obviously the Khurite Allied Tribes didn't need any metal at all to defeat the mighty Tindremic Empire and their Oghmir friends for control of more than half of the continent. Cronite? Oghmium? Inferior products to glorious Khurite teeth katanas folded over 10,000 times.

• Haha
Reactions: MolagAmur