Make Bodies Not Desintegrate, too magicky and lame.

Do you like the current animation each time something dies?

• Yeah its harry pottery and magical!

• Lame, revert it to MO1 where the bodies fell and we could kickem around

• Make it like Chivalry! let us mess around with the corpse a bit! Just have a lil fun >:)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Attila The Hun

Mar 13, 2021
While the priest animation on rez is great, I think bodies desintegrating to thin air after dying is lame, bodies should stay for a few seconds like MO1, or even longer this time to a few minutes so we can teabag and soccer kick them around, that was fun. Maybe even let us dismember like Chivalry >:)

MAKE IT EVIL!

the animations would be good/satisfying only when the final damage was from magic. But if not I want to see the dude I killed bleeding in the floor like a b*** xD

Last edited:
Reactions: Zbuciorn

Viknuss

Jun 6, 2020
www.youtube.com
Too many bodies means more server load. I too would like to look upon the destruction I've wrought after a huge battle, and see fields littered with the corpses of my enemies. But too many entirely interactable bodies will create big issues I think.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I don't mind animation one way or another so long as their bags contain their head, and their bodies. Need some meat for stew.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Too many bodies means more server load. I too would like to look upon the destruction I've wrought after a huge battle, and see fields littered with the corpses of my enemies. But too many entirely interactable bodies will create big issues I think.
This. Waste of server resources and unnecessary clutter.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
would be nice but only a good idea if it would not cause lag. I think they could despawn a bit later. After 5 seconds or so.

Dosen´t the unreal engine 4 offer some blood/gore effects ?

I like the Gore in Mordhau.

Last edited:

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
First off, posting broken polls is sad and degenerate.

Second off, there is nothing preventing SV from making the bodies disappear a client side setting in the future. If servers handle the placement and synch of bodies at all, then the short disappearance time should stay indefinitely.

But if the bodies are completely client side, then im 100% for having a body amounts and a body decay slider in the options, for meta game and good performance people would most likely leave this as short as possible any way. But it gives options for the people who want there to be bodies strewn across a battle. At their cost, not the server or other players.

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
It's something that annoyed me also, how quick the bodies just disappear. One cool thing about MO1 was how bodies stuck around for a brief period, heads rolled, and arms and legs would flop onto the ground. It added to the grittiness and feel of the game, and gave a sense of a brutal fight occurred.

There's a lot of things SV can do to lessen performance impact on both client and server, when it comes to bodies. The main things would be;
- Make bodies client side, reduces load off of server.
- Implement more customizable settings, such as - How much bodies on screen, physics options, body despawn time etc So players can tailor the experience to their system.
- Only allow 1 body per character to be present. Make it so only the freshest death will display the body and the old body disappears on new death. This would prevent one person creating a stack of their own bodies(like when people suicide to drop char weight)

UE4 has a lot of tools and customizations, it's just a matter of SVs priority ladder, their competence when it comes to UE4 and how well they can optimize things.

Solairerection

May 28, 2020
Maybe have it so the bodies are still there the same time as the Resurrection Sickness timer? Would make sense since you can't use the priest before that anyway, and would be ample time to kick the bodies around without having them clog the server too much. Have a similar timer for NPC:s.

I do like to kick corpses around, but if it really is a big performance-drain then I'm fine with them disappearing immediatly aswell.

Keurk

May 28, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
i hate the fact they added some gore but you can't even actually enjoy it since everything disapear. Make it client sided if needed, , but make it so a battlefield with many people that get slaughtered is actually showing this for some times (adjustable in settings) right now it feels a bit too "magical " the way it disapear and i really like the effect of body decay,but that should be heavly slowed down imo